Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines!


"God l♥ves each of us as if we were the only One"
St Augustine
From Better homes and gardens website! So pretty for the Holiday:-)

We have many preparations to take care of before our son's family arrives for the weekend. I too wish you all a wonderful Valentine's Day spent with those you love.

Here are some of the fun preparations going on.


Our six year old Livie is helping to prepare some of the decor.
White chocolate coated popcorn, some chocolate tinted pink,
wrapped in Valentine Bags.

Home made Valentine’s with a letter in each from their Papa and I
expressing our love for each and Why.

So many times we just say "with Love," or "We Love you" with the cards we give.
Some are more feminine for the girls.
This year we wanted our grand children to know WHY we love them.
It was practically an all night affair making their cards, but well worth it.
"A man is not where he lives,
but where he L♥VES."
Latin Proverb

My friend Honeysuckle, made these gorgeous cupcakes.

Here is her link to see her fun party with her friends.,
Making these is still on my to do list....

"Hold a true Friend with
both your hands!"

Nigerian Proverb

"To l♥ve a person means to see him
as God intended him to be."
Fyodor Dostoevsky

"People need l♥ving the most when
they deserve it the least!"

John Harrington

More of the delicious Chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes
were made last night

for deserving friends we love to visit!

"It is always worth while to make
others aware of their worth!"
Malcom S. Forbes

"Always Love your enemies-
nothing annoys them more!!!"

Oscar Wilde

This is my first week for joining 'Pink Saturday' and I would like to thank Beverly for hosting PINK SATURDAY each week... This weekend should be especially full of PINK so please pay a visit to all those others who decided to share thier pink this Valentines! Happy Valentine's Day!

L♥ts of L♥ve,

53 comments:

honeysuckle said...

Hi,I loved the initial valentines, loved the letter to each grandchild (I must do that) and your strawberry cupcakes look delicious! I was surprised to see cupcakes just like mine there too:)(thanks) Have a great party! I tagged you on my blog, come on over.

Jen said...

Wow! You are a walking Martha Stewart! Amazing. You put me to shame ;)

Trina said...

Auntie Beth,

Loved all of this. I loved your centerpiece by Livvy too. She's growing up! I thought your idea with the Valentine letters to the grand kids was so awesome. They'll be a keeper that they can treasure even when they're adults. Oh yeah, I do like the finished mantel better than the before picture (wink).

Thanks for the call last night. We need to do that more often.

Love ya.

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Your blog is always so beautiful, I had to borrow a couple of sayings off it!! I tell my children Copying is the highest form of praise!! Hope you agree.
Happy Valentines xx

Shauna said...

Happy Valentines Day my sweet precious friend! ♥ Hugs :)

Jan said...

Beautiful. I love it all. The words, scriptures, pictures and the feeling. Thanks for making me so anxious for tomorrow.

A New England Life said...

Okay Beth, it appears Valentines Day is a LOT more fancy then at our house!!! We didn't do much of anything. It seems like one holiday after another lately.

Love all the goods. Yum! White chocolate covered popcorn balls sound delicious! I'm sure it will be wonderful memories for the kids. Enjoy your family visit!

Sharon

Blondie's Journal said...

Beth,

This was just the most loved filled Pink Saturday post I have read so far. All the work you and your husband did to show your love to your family is just beyond words. Your family is so blessed to have you both!

I loved the qoutes, you really spent time to share your special celebration with us. I just love ya!! :-)

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

xoxo
Janie

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love it all, what a special Valentines it will be!! THose cards are so wonderful and one of a kind and something the grandkids will have forever!!:0) Be Blessed my friend!~Wendy

Pattie D said...

Beth,
You never cease to amaze me...are you sure you don't want to move by me???? I must do the valentines for each grandchild, what a fabulous idea! I think tomorrow I can catch up my blog...wow a week gone and well, I am a tad behind.
hugs
tricia

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, this is just lovely, so many beautiful touches and so YOU! :-) I hope you and your sweet family have the most special Valentine's Day to date!

Much love to you, dear friend!

XOXOXOXO,

Sheila :-)

Brenda said...

WoW! You are super Mom and super Grandma! How fun for your Grandkids! I love it all!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Wowsers! What an explosion of fun at your house! I love the letter idea. Happy Valentines Day.
♥ Lewaina

susette said...

what a beautiful display of fun goodies. I especially love the sweet letters you wrote for the grandkids. What a great idea. I hope to remember that for when I have some of my own. Happy xoxoxo day to you.

My name is Riet said...

That is all beautiful. Happy pink Saturday

Southern Lady said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful love-filled Valentine creations with us, Beth. The special cards for your grandchildren are priceless and I'm sure they will treasure them always.

Best wishes to you and your sweet family for the happiest Valentine's Day ever.

Magnolia Memories08 said...

Beth I came over from How Sweet The Sound just let me say I love your blog and getting ready for your family. That is really who I am about my Family. Gosh I am so glad I chose your blog first to visit. Thanks for all the inspiration your a keeper.One new friend this morning and it si only 5:33 central time. Have A Great Valentine Day and Pink Saturday
Vikki

Anonymous said...

you have made my mouth water with those chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes...wow! have a wonderful valentines day!
~nicole

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great PINK! Love those cupcakes!! Yummy! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Lori Lynn said...

Very pretty!!

Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day too!!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Everything is so nice, the cards, the wonderful verses right on down to the nice looking sweets. Have a Great Happy Pink Saturday.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Absolutely lovely. What a wonderful way to embrace the love you have for your family this weekend.

Anonymous said...

It all looks fabulous, Beth!

Happy Valentines Day to you and your family!

Char said...

Beautiful posting, Happy Valentines Day and enjoy the time with your son. Would love to eat those chocolate cupcakes, yummy, Char

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

You have really made this day a very special occasion to be remembered by your whole family, espcially those precious little ones!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Deborah in NC

BailiwickStudio said...

Everything you made looks absolutely yummy, cards and all! ::Jill

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, and a very Happy Valentine's Day. I listed your name on my post as Cheryl. Is that wrong? Should I change it to Beth?

It looks as if Valentine's Day is going to be very special at your home. I love your cards - they are fantastic. And, of course those cupcakes are exquisite.

Betty said...

What a wonderful idea for Valentine's Day cards.

I'd love to munch on some of that chocolate covered popcorn!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful!

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day Cheryl!

Susan

Deanna said...

Hi Beth,
your home must be filled with so much happiness and love. Thank you for sharing your sweet Pinks with us today!

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Ms. Tee said...

Hi Beth :)
Thank you for your sweet comments on the maps - my son would *love* to live in Japan for 2 years! We have a friend there, and he asks constantly if he can go visit. But the plane ticket is a little much!
You're such a sweet grandma, taking the time to write personal letters like this to them. They will always treasure them! I hope you have a great Valentine's Day! :)

JudyBug said...

White chocolate popcorn? Oh my, that sounds deleesh!

Lynda said...

What a very special Valentine's in your household! Everything looks magnificent.

Happy Pink Saturday, and a wonderful Valentine's to you and yours~

Dawn said...

Beautiful decorations and your cupcakes have made me hungry! Happy PS!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So sweet the letters to your grandchildren. Love that idea.
Beautiful desserts too! Happy Valentine's Day to you! I hope you have a wonderful day with the ones you love!

Tausha said...

What a great idea to include a letter from you and your husband. I love it! I know that I would cherish a letter like that from my parents. Looks like you are going to have such a fun weekend.

I wanted to tell you that I opened up an etsy shop with some fun VT kits. I would love for you to go and check them out. They are perfect for your sisters that you visit.
Happy love day! You deserve to eat lots and lots of chocolate!

Unknown said...

Everything looks wonderful especially those chocolate cupcakes with strawberries! Have a great weekend with your family. Esther

Marina Capano said...

Hi Nice to meet you! you have great blog, I love your cards!Happy Pink Sturday and Valentines day!
Marina

Brenda Pruitt said...

Ah, the sweets look delicious! Hope you ate them with gusto!
Brenda

Patricia said...

Your blog is so lovely !!! The handmades are just wonderful.What a beautiful setting for Valentine's Day. I have enjoyed my visit and hope to see you once again at Pink Saturday.
Patricia
http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/

Four Paws and Co said...

Yummm! Beautiful post! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine’s Day! ♥ Diane

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
Welcome to Pink Saturday! I enjoyed your post today and your special Valentine's Day touches!

Hope your day was wonderful!

KatCollects said...

Beautiful post, welcome to pink Saturday!
Kathy

nikkicrumpet said...

WOW what beautiful things for a Valentines Day celebration. The cards were such a wonderful work of love. I'm sure the grandkids will appreciate them for many years to come. Especially since it's obvious how much work you put into them. I hope it was a wonderful day filled with love for all of you! ♥

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I want to come over too! What wonderful celebration preparations!

Happy Pink Valentine Saturday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/fairiemoon/

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful post this is. I love seeing all your decorations and the preparation for your son's family. Those cupcakes are fabulous. I hope you've had a lovely weekend.

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like your family had so much fun. Nothing better than making memories. Those cupcakes look delish. Mimi

The Berry's Patch said...

Those are the prettiest cards! You have so many cute Valentine goodies. I hope it was wonderful!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I will take all the encouragement that I can get. :-)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness this is just darling..what special memories you make..I hope you had a super party.. a belated
Happy Valentine's Day and Pink Saturday.. hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a lovely time you have put together for your family! You have shared such wonderful ingredients for a memorable Valentine's Day. I can't tell you my favorite part, because I loved it all!! Although the treats for your precious grandchildren are truly marvelous!
I hope that you had a lovely Valentine's Day with your loved ones!
Hugs,
Jen

Bo said...

Hi Beth...I'm just now getting over for a visit...my one & only grandson is here for a visit..Yay!
This was such a l♥vely post full of wonderful ideas! ;-) Bo

The Artist's Daughter said...

Your Valentine's Day festivities were fabulous! Thanks for sharing and for all the great ideas. Everything was lovely, most of all the love expressed by your sweet letters to the grandkids (the cards were beautiful!) and the tremendous effort (the food and decorations incredible!) in hosting your family party. Such an inspiration. Blessings, Linda

farmerswife17 said...

Hey, I love those cupcakes! I wish I would have looked at your blog a little sooner. Sometimes it is hard to have time to myself and look at all my friend's blogs. Tonight was your turn. It is going to be hard to call you Beth. I just wanted to send you a quick note to say hi and that I will be sending you an e-mail after I write this.

Kate G.