I am excited to participate in Metamorphosis Monday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. If you have not visited Susan's blog, you really should. She is a gracious hostess and so very talented. Please go and check out the other participants and their MM postings also. Some very talented people have shared some great ideas!
One of the most rewarding metamorphosis we have accomplished is one that continues to take a ton of work, yet has brought us so much enjoyment. That has been putting in our own yard.
We built our home in 1999 and this is what our yard looked like! We hadn’t put in a new a yard for over twenty years although we had put in three other yards before... We sure felt much older doing this one!!!This is Mr. B and our daughter who was expecting her first child later that summer. There was a tree farm growing behind our home which became a haven for birds.
With a lot of hard work, truck loads of top soil and Black Gold, Mr. B turned this same corner of dirt into this peaceful garden... which our grandchildren LOVE to explore. It is amazing how many snails they can find;)
We enjoy sitting out on the patio, reading and listening to the birds in the evenings. These pictures was taken last June.
The side entrance to our back yard, which has been the welcoming place for guests attending wedding receptions held in our yard.(Not for our own kids though as they seem to have fancied the winter time for their marriages;)
It truly looks pretty lit up with white lights, torches and candles.
The roses bloom from spring to late fall.
I am so ready for all our snow to melt so we can enjoy the squeals of laughter, games, water fights and barbecues in our yard again!

These pictures were taken before the flowers were in full bloom. We have planted a perennial yard which blossoms from spring to fall.
The roses bloom from spring to late fall.
I am so ready for all our snow to melt so we can enjoy the squeals of laughter, games, water fights and barbecues in our yard again!
Please pay Susan a visit and see other Metamorphosis Monday postings. There are some really great ones this week!
47 comments:
Found you from Susan's. Love the yard and the stories behind it. Thank you so much!
Gorgeous yard! You have done a beautiful job with it!
Beth, you have an amazing yard... that is a great metamorphisis shot! Did I spell that right??? LOL! Anyhow, it's GORGEOUS. Great job!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Beth, You have done a fabulous job on your beautiful yard!
Oh my!!! Your yard is pure perfection! No wonder you've had so many weddings there! I have had to do my yard from scratch also, so I understand the amount of work it takes to achieve something like that! Breathtaking!...Debbie
Wow, what a transformation. Not only a superb transformation but just an awesome yard in the first place. I wish I had your knowledge and green thumb! I have 6 rose bushes on my property that are not doing good, 3 new and 3 old. I need to learn when to prune, how much, etc. What I am doing wrong...they do not bloom or very little? The new ones are doing good though.
Anyhoo, fabulous...love it!
what a beautiful backyard... I look out on a hayfield... and while I can appreciate that... I love yours... fantastic!
Dixie
Your yard is so beautiful. We are in the process of landscaping our new home. We live in Davis County on hard clay. We've started bringing in truckloads of ammendments! I can't wait to have some green lawn! I'm really looking forward to Spring this year. Mimi
A fabulous yard!
Oh what a difference a yard makes. Grass, flowers, shrubs and hard work. It looks so inviting.
Kathy b
I hope my yard looks that beautiful someday. Yours is lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Your yard is fantastic! What zone do you live in? We have a large level yard, but there is a lot of large shade trees, which is nice, but it limits the flowering plants. As you know gardens are always a work in progress. Blessings.
Love...love your yard. It seems so peaceful and just a great place to relax and enjoy nature and grandkids!
I am like flabbergasted1 This is just amazing, so very lovely. Cindy
Gorgeous gardens!! Lots of work that has definitely paid off! Great job!
Your garden is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure that took a lot of work, you should be very proud! I, too, am dreaming of spring!
Visiting from the MM forum. I am an avid gardener also and your yard is a ndream. So beautiful. I know how much hard work it all is yet so rewarding.
Your back yard is AMAZING! It is so gorgeous...I would want to sit out there all the TIME!!!
I wanted to say it is a beautiful yard, but it is much more than that...it's a paradise! I'll bet there is not a single weed anywhere to be found...LOL ;-) Bo
Aw! Absolutely beautiful!!! I am SO sorry I haven't been on to my blog or anyones for that matter in weeks. I sort of took a 'break' but I'm back now! yay! Thank you for your comments! I wish you could have been at the luncheon. I'll post tomorrow. Go to Tinks or Trying to stay come and you'll see their posts!! Come with us next time. I'd LOVE to meet you. Hugs!
I want to come and live with you guys on that little slice of heaven. Gorgeous job.
Beautiful job you did on your yard and gardens.
Linda Q
What a beautiful garden Beth. The planting groups are lovely together. No wonder you were hosts so often. :-)
Your yard is gorgeous! I bet your grands do enjoy it. Happy Met Monday!
You have a beautiful lawn and garden. I bet you can't wait for spring to enjoy that great porch. Kathy
I wish I could just duplicate your yard/garden into our back yard! Absolutely lovely and lush!! I'd be extremely happy to sit out in that yard after a long day. We have a lot of work do to in both our front and back yards... maybe Mr. B would come up and help out?!
Thanks for sharing your little piece of paradise!
Victoria (one half of DesignTies)
Oh my goodness...you guys did such a beautiful job! It looks like truck loads of professionals came in and did it. You deserve a huge pat on the back for creating something so gorgeous. And I know how much hard work it takes to create it...and then maintain it too!
What a gorgeous yard! Love all the mixture of plants and the leaf colors. You all did a great job!...Christine
Oh man! Love, love the yard. I can't grow a thing. I think I have a brown thumb instead of a green one.
Thanks for stopping by!
What a beautiful yard! I can only imagine how much work it has taken to get it to this point. Congratulations on a job well done. Sally
Beth,
Your yard is like your own little sanctuary & that is why I love mine. You are very lucky to have the tree farm behind. Do you do any birdwatching!! Your husband did a great job with the yard, the grass is brillant green.
Thank you for a great MM post!
xoxo
Jane
Beth, Your yard and gardens are beautiful! I could just envision the lights and torches...sounds wonderful! You have a little paradise in your own backyard...I'd be out there all summer! Susan
Hi Beth,
Your yard is lovely...looks like something right out of a magazine!
Picture Perfect! LOVE IT!
Your yard is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing such great pictures and thank you for stopping by my place today.
I'll be back to visit!
~Misti
What a gorgeous yard. I bet you just love it but a lot of work. Great blog. Have a great week.
Such a lovely garden.
Very well done.
Alfazema
Labor of Love for sure.
Amazing and just beautiful. You must spend hours just walking around and enjoying every corner. I have a big yard also, but on the river. Lots of work and it's only been our second summer here. I look at yours and know it will be great soon.
Thanks for sharing this beauty.
Love Claudie
Morning girl...I am sitting here with my jaw dropped down to the floor!!!! Oh my word what a beautiful comfort zone you have created for you & your family...that is gorgeous girl!!!! I'd be living out there all Spring & Summer..I love a tree line behind a home..I thinki I would just die if I couldn't see birds and nature...Hope you are having a great week sweetie!
OMGosh, Beth...this is so pretty I don't know what to do. Ya'll did a magnificent job...whew...did the stock in BenGay rise during that time? Hahaha...beautiful yard!!
xo bj
Holy schmoly, your yard is to DIE for! It is absolutely gorgeous. What a work of art you have created. I'm jealous! It's amazing!
Your backyard is so beautiful, Beth! I'd love to sit back there with you! :) {hugs}
Beth ~
Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you today and sorry you're going through so much right now. (I read your comment before you deleted it - that's how I know ;)
Remember it's OK to have down days - but you already know that! God's mercies are new every morning - it's gonna get better - hang in there!
Sending a big hug your way and will continue to pray :)
Love,
Michelle
P.S. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime!
How absolutely serene and beautiful! I love your large garden with all the green and the wonderful trees. We don't have the luxury of a large lot or green grass. I can just imagine the wonderful playtime your grandkids have there.
Cindy
Wow, your yard is gorgeous. I bet you are so excited for summer to come so you can spend some time out there. How do you keep your edges looking so good without the cement edging? We don't have cement edging either and it's a ton of work to keep it looking nice.
Your yard turned out spectacular! And boy, do I know what work it was--I had mine done last summer. It was finished in October after the first snow. I put my patio furniture out for a party one week and then took it all in the next so I haven't really used it yet. I too, am anxious for spring and laughter and grandchildren using it! Your is really beautiful.
That's just gorgeous!
Manuela
Post a Comment