has to be extraordinary.
What we need is to L♥ve without getting tired."
Mother Teresa
During this week of Valentines, I want to concentrate on things of L♥VE!
So for Met Monday I decided to post our ‘before and after’ of our family room mantel decor.
Please visit Susan for more Met Monday Photos.
For the first time in three years, we will have eight of our grandchildren coming for the annual Valentines Party! Six have been living in the Washington DC area and then this summer Four of them moved into driving distance of Salt Lake City!
There is nothing like adding a bit of romance
to warm your hearts during the cold days of winter.
So everything will be ready when our little sweethearts arrive.
Now our mantle is finished!
♥♥♥
It is time for some
ROMANCE FOOD for My MAIN sweetheart.
Seriously these were so GOOD!
My niece made buttercreme Chocolate frosting. She swirled it on the top, then she added the chocolate dipped strawberry and drizzled the whole
scrumptious cupcake in white chocolate. Double YUM!
Three were NOT enough! I will be making more these to share with 'My Valentine'!
Please remember to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more Metemorphosis Monday Pictures! Thank you Susan, for holding this fun weekly event!



31 comments:
Gorgeous mantle! That is so very romantic and creative. The strawbeery treats look yummy! There is no better combination than strawberries and chocolate! I hope all is well with you. I've really missed visiting this week and hope to be back on schedule soon.
Have a great Monday,
Jen
WOW, how pretty and very feastive! I love the red hearts in there! TOO CUTE!
And those strawberries look divine!
The matel turned out beautiful!!! I love it.
I also scrolled down to see your wonderland of a backyard. My goodness, it's out of a fairytale. Kuddos to you and your husband.
And then the photos of the grandkids all enjoying popsicles on the back porch...Priceless! : )
How sweet your grands will share "LOVE" Day with you...They'll surely enjoy that you decorated for them...and those cupcakes...yum-yum! ;-) Bo
" Love without tiring". Wise words, as Mother Teresa always did.
-
Lovely mantle, very nice. And the desserts...
Alfazema
Oh, what an elegant mantel, Beth ... your grandchildren are going to love it.
The cupcakes look scrumptious, too!
Be sure and take lots of pictures of your party to share with us, and enjoy your time with your grandchildren.
What a lovely mantel! The food has me drooling! Happy Valentine's!
So feastive and romantic and just beautiful.
And the strawberries and chocolate have me licking my computer screen here!! :O)
Gorgeous Mantle! LOVE the hearts! and the straberries, in fact.... that knock on your door will be me crashing the party!
The mantel looks spectacular! It's inspiring. The cupcakes look good, too, but those I'm going to try and NOT copy! Thanks for sharing! Cass
Your mantle looks great but not as great as those cupcakes! Love dipped strawberries. How fun to have the kids close. Lucky girl. Mimi
I love that you decorate for Vday!!! What do you do at your "party"???
What a beautiful mantle, how wonderful that you will have so many to help celebrate. Have a great time (and save some of those strawberry goodies for us lol) Kathy
Your mantle looks great decked out for Valentine's Day! I left some garland and lights ontop of my piano since I like the soft lights at night time. I should go dig around my basement and see if I can come up with anything red to spice it up a little.
The mantel looks YUMMY! I love that you did it up for Valentines. I've never decorated mine for anyting but Christmas...I'm missing out obviously! And those cupcakes look good enough to share......with ME!
I wish I could scrape those cupcakes off my screen and into my mouth they look so delicious. Have fun at the party!
Oh goodness - the strawberries look so good! Your mantle looks so lovey dovey and cozy, too. :) And I really, really like Mother Theresa's quote. So glad that your grandchildren will be with you! {{hugs}}
I love the idea of a Valentine's Day party, and how wonderful for you that you'll have so many family members there! the mantle is beautiful.
Hi Beth! Love the Mother Theresa quote. The mantle looks so pretty all dolled up for Valentines Day. I really like it :0)
Hi, Dear Beth! You are very naughty to tempt us with those delicious chocolate treats! YUM! They look divine, and I love your pretty Valentine decorations! Like your red hearts tucked in the greenery! The perfect touch! Your grands are going to love it ALL!
I also enjoyed that quote by Mother Theresa. She's one of my favorites!
Sending much love to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Beth, Loved the Mantel Make Over...totally romantic! ;) ~CC Catherine ;)
Very nice and festive for Valentines. And wow those strawberry goodies look soooo good!
Enjoy your time with your family!
Linda Q
I can tell you certainly have a knack and talent for decorating! It's beautiful.
Hi Beth...I totally disagree! Yours is quite a metamorphosis! If I keep joining the club, I will have to be really creative! lol...Debbie
Gorgeous Valentine mantel Beth!
Strawberries and chocolate..gotta love it!
Just checking to see if you got my email???
How nice to see how you celebrate Valentine"s Day with your family~they are the Sweethearts!!
The mantle looks beautiful~you have given me some ideas! ;-)
Oh, and the cupcakes? I'm on my way out for the ingredients!!
xoxo
Jane
I just had to visit your blog after seeing your profile picture on Home Sweet Hideaway! I have that very picture and the companion pic in my bathroom. I love those girls so much I did a post about them on my blog.
http://eoberrys.blogspot.com/2008/06/judy-marge-agnes.html
Love your valentine decor and the chocolate's look yummy! I wish I had a mantel to play with. Have a great week!
:)rachel
How fun to have an annual Valentine's party. Your mantle looks very pretty and the cupcakes look scrumptious.
Mind if I ask how you type the heart shape? Very cute.
Vern is a lucky man to be so blessed with such a wonderful and devoted sweetheart! I'm sure that you are the object of his adoration! Happy Valentines and have a great family party. What a neat tradition! Linda
Such a pretty mantle piece. :-) Those strawberry cakes look wonderful Beth as well as delicious!
Post a Comment