
My daughter taught me to make these fun yo~yo's!
It all reminds me spring really is right around the corner...
Then yesterday as I walked into our grocery store, these beauties caught my eye. It was the clearance price tag of only 99 cents for a dozen gorgeous roses which was a no brainer to me.

I told my husband "Thanks, I love the roses!" and gave him a big hug and kiss when he walked in from work.
He started to laugh, looked at me funny and said, "I didn't send them..."
I just smiled and said, "YES, you did!"
He really started to laugh and said, "I really didn't... shaking his head with a sly smile and wink."
I love it when he laughs.
Then I looked so surprised and serious as I said,
" He (the pretend guy at the door) said it was from my secret admirer. . .It has to be you."
Anyway it was a fun way to welcome him home;)
We laughed and teased a lot and he liked the price.
♥♥♥
Now, we have beautiful bouquets in three rooms of our home
I thought I would share with you a bit of our fun attempt at TRYING to get a group picture of our grand kids on Valentine' Days!
They were all action shots! With lots more laughter...and even a few tears.;)
Ah Oh, 12 month old Maggie is on the run!
....Do ALL Maggies run? (Runaway Bride)
Our little Jake is sad... There was too much fun to be had and NO one wanted to take time for pictures.But oops.. We are minus little Jake in this one. LOL
Love the memories. ;)
Gratitude is the memory of the heart;
therefore forget to say often,
I have all I ever enjoyed.
~Lydia Child~
Happy Pink Saturday!
Thanks again to our lovely friend, Beverly at
How Sweet the Sound for hosting Pink Saturday!

38 comments:
Audley always says that trying to get a group photo of children is like herding cats! I am sure the challenge was fun though. Your grandbabies are just too cute!
I love the pink roses. Fresh flowers on a cold winter day are always a great cure for the winter blahs.
Have a lovely weekend,
Jen
Beth, it's fun to see these group photos. Sometimes the "outtakes" are more fun in the end than the serious posed photo.
Love your roses. This time of year especially it's a treat having fresh flowers inside!
Only .99 cents a dozen? Now THAT is a bargain! I'd call it leftover love ; )
The grandkids are all so adorable. It sure is a challenge getting them all to pose though isn't it! I used to struggle with just my two! Herding cats is right! lol! Looks like there is plenty of love to go around in your house Beth.
Sharon
Your blog is w♥nderful! Happy Pink Saturday. Thanks so much for sharing this week. It made the cold up here in northern Michigan a little more tolerable :)
What a fun post!! I just love pink and green. The Kiddos are soooo cut and look like they are having such a wondeful time.
the group photos are wonderful - I come from such a small family, such group photos are impossible - but I love to see others'!
happy pink saturday!
99 cents for a dozen roses!!! WHAT A DEAL!!
Beth,
Yes, I would say you got quite a deal! Love it. And they are beautiful... I can see romance is alive & well with you and your hubby~how sweet! ;-)
Your grandkids look happy & full of energy (of course!!) and excited to be at grandmother's house. I bet your heart just wants to burst when you have them all here!! Maybe someday I will have grandkids...if my son's just didn't have so much "wanderlust"!!
xoxo
Janie
I couldn't even grow them for that price. Wow
Yo Yo girl. I love the look of those :) Very nice.
Such a trick you played on him!! I love the photos of your family, they look adorable.
Happy Pink Saturday
Aren't they fun! (Grandkids) I love being a "granna". It is the best gift ever! I love holding the hand of a child!
I think yo yo's are fun to make. Loved the roses. SPRING IS ON IT"S WAY! LOL Lewaina
Oh, I love "The Material Girls!!
I can't wait to go there this summer! Let's go shopping! I love the fabrics and yo yo's! Your pictures of your grandchildren are so cute! I can't wait to be a Grandma! I love the roses! Cheers to your dear husband!
Have a Happy Saturday!
What darling grandkiddles! Aren't they just precious with all their little personalities "running" around... I LOVE your fabric choices...they are so refreshing and spring-like. I absolutely love your roses! They are beautiful. What a fun way to welcome home your honey...
Have a great pink saturday
hugs
tricia
Your Grandkids are adorable and I enjoyed reading about the adventure of getting them together to pose! Good deal onthe flowers! Last time I was in Kroger they were still only 50% off but I never went to Aldi.
Have a good week!
Manuela
Hi Beth,
What lovely children. Roses are beautiful too. Thanks for dropping bye. Have a very happy Pink Day.
Wow, what a great buy. I love those beautiful roses. That husband sure is a sweetie. ;-)
Wonderful pictures of your grands!
Happy Pink Saturday, Beth. (See, I remembered.)
Those colorful yo-yos look just like a geranium I bought today at a nursery. The bloom is variegated and looks very much like that. I use to make yo-yos and have a pillow made up of them.
Brenda
Beth,
I love those yo yos. Could you do a tutorial on them? Rose are my favorite flowers.
Could you hop over to my place and look at this coffee table that I found? I'm deciding what to paint it. My furniture is sage green with burgundy accents, but that's only for winter. In Spring my accents are pastels and I use lots of doilies in the room. I love lace and old fashioned things.
One girl said I should paint it black. I don't have anything black and thought that might actually look good, but I'm not sure....
Thanks for any suggestions.
Elizabeth
Hi Beth...your roses from your pretend delivery guy look exactly like the same color my DH spent a bunch of $$ on...haha...good things come to those who wait...
I can only imagine the joy being shared at your home with your darling grands! ;-) Bo
I loved your Pink posts! Thank you for sharing! I love Yo-Yo's, but I don't know how to make them. You should do a tutorial on how to make them. Then let me know so I can try! Try being the word. LOL
Thank you again and have a great weekend!
Jennifer
Happy Pink Saturday Beth!
Beautiful roses...and Maggie is a cutie!
Susan
The grandkids are darling and the roses are gorgeous. Loved the story behind the roses.
Charlotte
I enjoyed your commentary on the picture taking. And what a bargain on those roses. Happy Pink Saturday!
I absolutely love the fabrics! The yo-yo in the stripe looks like candy. It's so adorable!
And your bargain roses... such a wonderful inexpensive treat. I love how you teased your husband about it.
Hugs,
Cindy
The photo attempts are just too much fun. So many little ones at one time must keep you hopping...but in a good way I'm sure! And talk about a great bargain on those roses!!
What a sweet pink post! Happy pink day!
Love your yo-yo's. You reminded me I have jillions to finish for a throw.
JudyBug
Love your yo yo's. It reminds me I have jillions to finish for a throw.
JudyBug
I do love yo-yo's!!
♥Happy Belated Pink Saturday♥
Beth, this is a beautiful post. I love the fabric (how adorable!), the flowers (beautiful!), and the kids (precious beyond words!) And YOU! Thanks for sharing with us.
Hope you had the perfect Pink Saturday and a Sunday to match!
XO,
Sheila :-)
How sweet of your hubby to give you roses!!! °Ãœ°
Hi Beth,
sorry for the belated comment but hubby and I were away for the weekend.
Wha a sweet post and such lovely flowers! But I guess my favorite photo is the one with all the grandkids and the grandbaby that is covering his ears with his fingers! LOL! That's a great shot.
Deanna :D
The pictures of your Grandchildren are precious. Love the pink roses and especially the price : ) Happy belated pink Saturday.
Kathy
Your grandbabies are darling. Getting family pictures can be a trial. Luckily it's worth it 10 years from now. Mimi
Ooo wonderful roses! I love the old fashioned scented ones especially.
Hubby and I often go "virtual shopping". This is where I'll pick something for him when we go past a fancy shop window, and tell him I've virtually bought it for him. He joins in too so we have fun without the lugging of lots of shopping home and big bills. :-)
As we've had flu, and only just catching up with life, I told him I was virtually taking him to the Bahamas this weekend. LOL He had a rest from work and we went for a walk in real life.
Hey at least you got some pics with all your grandchildren in. I couldn't keep still as a kid so there are very few pics of me. I wouldn't walk if I could run -I think your Maggie may be the same way.
Could I have your email addy please?
Love that material. What are you going to do with it? I may go look for clearance roses myself now.
What a wonderful and beautiful family!!! I have always wanted to make Yo-Yo's!
Hugs,
Yvette
Hi...Just discovered your blogs. I love to make yo-yo's. I'm trying to create a yo yo quilt.
Post a Comment