Look what arrived in the mail this week! It was a delightful surprise.
This beautiful handmade pin was hand made by Amy Jo at The Little Moments as part of 'Pay It Forward' a fun phenomenon happening in blog land!
She is a darling mom to two toddlers and is a creative and wonderful homemaker living in Henrietta New York! Please go see her fun blog and glean lots of ideas.
Gratitude is the Mother of Joy
Joy is prayer ~Joy is strength ~Joy is love~
Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls
She gives most who gives with Joy!
~Mother Teresa
Thanks Amy Jo!
***
Hope you are doing something FUN this weekend! We will be...
We are going to Soldier Hollow this weekend where the Cross Country skiing was held for the Winter Olympics of 2002. We will be feeding an army of the best and cutest young single adults after they burn up the snow... Snow Tubing!
Soldier Hollow is south of Park City, Utah where the Sun Dance Film Festival was held last month.
The kids hold on to lifts like in the picture which pulls them up the hill on their tubes. No trudging up the hill pulling their own tubes:-) They just lay down and slide, LAUGHING all the way down the groomed mountains. Last year 6-8 people would ride huge tubes at the same time!
Lots of romance is always in the air around this crowd. We average quite a few marriages out of this group each month. So I guess you could also call us a bit of ole Match Makers ♥♥♥'s!
I wonder what will happen this year. This kids are between 18-30 years of age. The average 20-24 years. ( I know they are adults... but they are still kids to me. :-)
Last year we had about 200 kids show up for this activity and this year we expect even more. Being a shepherding couple to this wonderful age group is our calling in our church right now.
It has been so rewarding! We serve or I should say get to play with these wonderful kids for three wonderful fun and sometimes service project activities each month besides Sunday school and other spiritual times each Sunday.
We rented the Soldier Hollow Lodge for the evening of fun. They will also be playing lots of games and snacking inside the lodge... I am making a big pot of cheesy potato soup

to help feed the troops when they come to relax by the crackling fire
and thaw out their noses!
I am crashing the first ever Foodie Friday sponsored by our lovely hostess Gollum of Designs by Gollum. I just read about it through out blogland in between cooking and preparing for our fun evening. Please go feast your eyes on these scrumptious goodies. I just gained 10 pounds today alone...by looking and drooling!:)
Thanks Gollum!
Please forgive me and I will soon post this yummy recipe!

21 comments:
Now that's my kind of tubing when you don't have to trudge back up the hill!!! It looks like a blast. And what a fun calling in the church!
Ah Soldier Hollow!! That's a fun place for sure if you can just stay warm. The ride to the top gets pretty chilly. I hope you are going to have lots of hot chocolate to pass out.
Very nice!
Alfazema
How fun this looks! I would love to not have to trudge back up the hill toting my tube. LOL!! Are you and your DH tubing as well? Have a BLAST! ♥ Lewaina
That looks like sooo much fun! I'd love it! I still love to play in the snow. :) Hope you have a good trip!
Hi Beth ---
Wow - that tubing hill looks really fun. My kids would love it.
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. And thanks for being so nice to my mom (Quincy Cottage). She has really appreciated your friendship through her blog.
XOXOXOXO
Jen
Beth,
The pin is darling! I love sweet little handmade things like this!
Snow tubing! Very cool. It looks exactly like lake tubing where we pull the tube with our boat~lots of fun!! You will have your work cut out for you this weekend but you are a sweetheart to volunteer! :-)
xoxo
Janie
The tubing looks like fun and the soup looks delicious!...Christine
Sounds like a fun weekend, Beth! The soup looks delish!
What fun! I haven't been tubing in years, but I remember it was almost like flying. The soup looks delicious, the perfect warmer upper after a day in the snow. Thank you so much for joining us!
Oh My Goodness. I can't imagine the past couple of years you have had. Wow..........
The soup looks soooooooo very good! ♥ Lewaina
Potato soup looks good!
Happy Foodie Friday!
Susan
Hi Beth...This does look like quite the event...are you sure you don't add a little "love potion
#9" in that soup of yours....LOL
Have a safe & fun trip, ;-) Bo
Beth, what a fabulous fun thing to do. Being around young adults in activities like this can only be fabulous. We have tubed like this at a ski resort with our kids and grands.
Your soup looks so good. Mmmmm. I want to be there too. Smiling BIG
Hugs...Jeanne
Hello!! Thanks for your comment on my blog!! Our brother is starting his chemo again next Tues... We just hope it works this time! He is still in great spirits which is wonderful! We are all just praying and praying and praying for him and his family! Thanks for asking, you are sooo sweet to be thinking of him :o) Take care and have fun with the single adults!!!
WOW, that soup looks really good! Do you have a recipe? It sounds like fun! Stay warm!
cheers and hugs!
HOW FUN!!! I wanna go! I think I should bring our YSA's and join you!!!
Whfun that looks like... I would love to give that a try... ;-) Now I'll be waiting for that recipe... It looks so YUMO!!!
(((HUGS)))
Donna
Sounds like you'll be having fun with the young adults this weekend. I met my husband about 39 years ago at a ya function. But they called it M Men and Gleaners then! You're probably too young to remember that. Mimi
Beth, will you save me a bowl of that soup??? Cheese is one of my favorites! I always order cheese and brocolli at Panera when I eat there (and of course it's in a bread bowl)! ;-)
What a pretty pin, and what a deserving girl to receive it! :-)
I have never been tubing, but I would like to go some day. I have been tubing on water behind a ski boat, but not on snow. I'm learning about all sorts of things this year that I've never seen or done. That's the joy of the internet.
Sending you loads of love and wishing I could be there with you to share a bowl of that goodness and a cup of friendship seasoned with love.
Love you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Oh what fun! I think you picked a good "job" with this age group. I hope you had a few goes yourself.
What a lovely brooch.
Your soup looks wonderful too. It's still overcast here although there are hints of Spring, so definately soup weather.
Post a Comment