For some weird reason OW is linking back to an older post! Click here for my post for today, March 18!
:-) Beth
OutDoor Wednesday I decided to go outside this morning to take pictures of 

of all the snow on my front flower bed, and it was too blasted cold to stay out long
so I decided to fast forward to SPRINGTIME and Poppies!

After playing in this favorite playing area of our yard, a precious grandson who was enjoying a PBJ sandwich picnic, with his Papa last year
and made this remark in his deep two year voice,
" Did ya know....it’s a jungle out there, Papa!"
They feel they have their own personal creek bubbling away making all sorts of lovely music. It is actually a irrigation ditch behind the fence which they love to throw rocks in! LOL
For more Out Door Wednesday's pictures, please visit Susan, at Southern Daydreamer.
I hope you each can feel a 'Spring' to your step this wintery day!

36 comments:
Hi Beth,
What a charming post. Children and flowers just go together. I can't imagine all the snow you have in the first photo. I must be part bear because I'd have to hibernate! LOL
All the best, Lana
Oh how I love the snow! Maybe it's because we haven't had any lay here in the last 10 years, maybe it's because I miss Iowa this time of year because we had snow! Whichever it is, some of our greatest family memories have happened in the snow. We have only had rain this year....lots and lots of rain. Hardly a flurry to be found!
I do love your springtime photos. These are just beautiful!
Hope that you are having a great week!
Jen
You said it with the title :) Enjoyed your flash forward!
OH MAN....8 new inches of snow today followed by sleet and freezing rain. I want to go into your poppy jungle and not come out until spring hits New England...too bad your poppy jungle is buried in snow too!
Oh what a sweet post. Love the flowers and the precious children!
Oh, how adorable, Beth! Love your garden, and I agree with Lana... gardens and children go together like peanut butter and jelly!
We have a warm day, but it's supposed to get cold tonight or tomorrow.
Sending much warmth and love your way, precious lady!
xo,
Sheila :-)
Oh, how sweet! I love your little granddaughter with the hat on, too!
Also, I wanted to come & thank you for your sweet comments on the valentine's things. I think it is so neat that you are sending some pipe cleaners to your granddaughters. :) Hope you stay warm! ;)
I think cuz we have north facing houses we have so much snow. I am SO SO SO ready for Spring. I am getting tired of cold and snow. Want the fun flowers, green grass, and blossoming trees. :) HUGS!
Darling pictures! I LOVE poppies! You are giving me spring fever!
What lovely photos! No wonder they like it. It is sort of like a jungle. But a good, pleasant, beautiful one.
Brenda
Great pictures! The snow is so pretty, but I only like it in pictures! Love, love, love the poppies. We live in the "red poppy capital" of Texas and even have a festival every May to celebrate them! Kathy
Pretty snow Beth. Pretty gardens and grandchildren as well! :D
Beth,
I am in awe of your garden! To see those poppies in person would be wonderful...unfortunately I am still stuck with the snow and trying to make the best of it. Sometimes you just have to mentally transport yourself back to November when you couldn't wait for that 1st snowfall!! :-)
For now I think I will look forward to OW to see gardens like yours while we wait for the thaw!
Beautiful grandchildren!!
xoxo
Janie
Hi Beth...what a delight this post is...thank you for reminding us of the glories to come! ;-) Bo
The children are so sweet. I enjoy looking at children in a garden. :)
Snow, on the other hand, Argh!!!! LOL
Yikes! Snow. But thankfully Spring will follow. Loved the pictures of the little ones in the garden. The perfect combination of sweetness.
Thanks for your comments Beth. DD is a chosen child and a rescue. I even had the privilege of meeting the lady/counselor who spent 4 hours w/her bm........ She never knew what happened. Even though our situation is closed and private, I knew enough info and she knew enough info and she knew it was the girl.
Our agency is a non profit Christian agency and she volunteered for a sister non profit agency. She rarely saw the fruits of her labor. But when she saw all the photos of DD she just cried and thanked God. I cried and thanked God for using her to save my child.
Oh I rarely post about this on my blog. I never know who is reading.
Poppies! I can't wait for them to pop! Cute kiddos, too! ~ Robyn
Cute lil gradnbabky of yours....Beautiful snow.... Lovely poppies...Spring will be here soon..Katherinllen
I can't think think of too many times i have seen greater beauty in a garden!
Awwww! The photos of the kids in the garden just melt my heart! No wonder you are enjoying the photos now when there's snow on the ground.
Cindy
Oh such cute little ones. This is definitely a day we can look forward to. That's what makes Winter so great, is knowing the warmth will come again. Kind of reminds me of a primary song. Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day...
Beth, your granddaughters are so adorable ... and add even more sunshine to your beautiful garden.
Living in Mississippi, I can't comprehend that much snow! Thank you for sharing this pretty little preview of spring with us.
Sincerely,
Janie
Cute pictures!!! I love the snow though, snow is so beautiful. But spring will be here before we know it!
Hi Beth, What precious children! And your flower gardens were beautiful! You really have something to look forward to, when the snow is gone and Spring finally arrives!
~hugs, Rhonda :)
I just love your blog. I too love the snow but I want spring. Those pictures made me want it even more. I can't wait.
Thanks for reminding me that spring will come. Your children in garden pictures were adorable. (ps. how do you find the time to post so often?) Is there a shortcut that I don't know about?
For some reason I am so looking forward to spring this year. Maybe because it has been so cold lately. Thank you for the summer pictures. They brightened up my day. Mimi
How beautiful! ♥ Hugs!
Beth, thank you so much for your dear words. I'm so sorry your daughter also had to suffer the pain of empty arms. It is very hard to watch them go through such trials, when they long for a family of their own.
Could you pass the entire quote from Bruce R Mc Conkie along to me? nelrh@ubtanet.com
I would love to have it. And no, It was not too much for the internet. Thank you again. Lewaina
Oh, how I'm longing for the Spring! Your beautiful garden/ "Jungle" sounds wonderful right about now.
I don't have your email address, so I hope you don't mind me posting my interview questions here.
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. If you could go ANYWHERE on vacation where would you go?
3. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
4. What would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
5. How many places have you lived, where?
Can't wait to learn more about you. I love your blog!
♥hugs♥
Here I am in Idaho promoting the cold stuff while I know if I were in AZ I'd be prepping the garden for February planting. I'm enjoying my first 'real' winter in many years and perhaps the REAL reason is total procrastination. Yes, I do like 'cave life', i.e., enjoying the toasty fire, warmed by hot chocolate and a good book. It's sunny today and the biggest thing happening in my neck of the woods is the melting icicles! Love your blog and the promise of spring. Blessings, Linda
I just love poppies! Loved seeing yours.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday Beth! Pretty picture of the snow (I can say that because we rarely get any LOL). Beautiful grandchildren...and LOVE the poppies! Thanks for sharing your photos.
Susan
The poppies are great. And the children are looking so sweet.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment