Friday, January 9, 2009

Making Lemonade:-)

At least trying to make lemonade!


I accidentally deleted my whole blog list yesterday and have spent hours, trying to add everyone's address back on, one by one.

I am so afraid I will lose a dear friend in our blogging neighborhood. So please leave a comment so I can put you back on my blog roll! You all mean so much to me. At 3:00 a.m. after hours of adding your names

...Would you believe I didn't push save while shutting down. So TWICE in one day I lost you!!!
Shauna at Trying to stay Calm reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, It is by a dear Lady, who no longer is with us, but her wisdom and wit lives on.

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."~Marjorie Pay Hinckley


The sweetest friend ever, Dot over at Pickets Place is amazing and makes you feel so welcome, with her goodness and your heart just melts... She offered the cutest award to her friends yesterday and I want to thank her for it. Today I am going to make that Lemonade, while searching again for all you. I also want to pass this award to each of you. Thanks for my making my world a little brighter as you turn your lives into delicious Lemonade!

*When life happens, make lemonade and Giggle!* This story is true, I don't want to offend anyone's delicate decorum. It for those with a sense of humor and brave hearts♥

It happened last summer and I hesitated then whether to share this tale of embarrassment, shame and the worst case of giggles I have enjoyed with someone in a long time. These are the giggles you can only share with your very best friends or your SISTERS... Here goes....

Well, while my hubby was away on business, my sis had came to stay, we had a calamity of horrid ‘misfortunates’ happen one morning that ended up in the worst case of giggles that is now necessitated a trip to the doctor at the end of the month.

First, let me tell you of our morning when I hurried to the other end of the house, where the new guest suite is located, after I thought I could smell something burning. There I found my sister, Kate relaxing and everything in her kitchen seemed just fine. The thought of something burning escaped my mind, as I found a soft place & sat down to share a snack and to reminisce... About fifteen minutes later the burnt smell met both of our noses with a stinging stench. We took off at a dead run to the main kitchen as I realized, It was ME who had been cooking something.....The hummingbird nectar ‘I’ had put on the stove to heat & melt the sugar had turned into a an erupting volcano of smoke.

We moved so fast as I grabbed the smoking inferno and rushed it out on the Patio, then we opened every window & door including the garage doors and patio doors and turned on all the over head fans we could find in the main part of the home and shut all the bedroom doors and laid towels along the bottom so we would still have a place of refuge to retreat from the insulting smell...The pan was a complete lost, and the nectar inside had burnt to the blackest smoking ‘sponge’.

Our home was filled with the worst smoky stench for several days after. Oust, Febreze and other air sanitizers were put to good use.

An hour later I went back into the kitchen and there were soap suds all over our Newly refurbished beautiful shiny wood floor. The suds were pouring out of every seam of our Dish Washer. I yelled for my sister Kate to help me once more. We were still wearing red bandanas over our face’s because of the wretched smoky smell and she couldn’t believe her eyes. The kitchen looked like a giant bubble bath!

I had no idea what was going on! I knew I had used my regular electric dish washer soap with the pretty ball of jet dry in the tablet. Nothing like that had ever happened before... Then instead of crying... the hugest giggle attack happened. I started to laugh so hard, I crossed my legs so I wouldn’t pee my pants. ( Remember our motto of loving our bodies even when things stop working!) Kate was almost doubled up as well. Two bandana clad gals in complete hysteria, and then the most embarrassing thing happened. I felt warmth starting to run down both of my clenched legs. With every giggle, it got worst. I actually peed my pants! Not just ‘thought’ I was going to, but DID, and I was standing in the evidence. I was in such shock that I just laughed more and more! Kate was practically on the floor with laughter. What a mess!

Enough internet details:) Our home is sanitized and back to normal thank goodness. Above is a picture of the devious little culprit which is usually one of my favorite kitchen gadgets, until it is placed in the dishwasher. This is one bubble bath I could have done without!!!! I am not feeling the love for it any more:)

It was the lack of bladder control that concerned me the most though. So hence, a doctor apt took place at the end of the month:-) ....ah, it is time again to search for all my missing Blog addresses:-)

Remember to make Lemonade and Laugh when real life happens, because it does make your head hurt, when you cry:-)


34 comments:

Brenda said...

You have made me laugh...Thanks! Oh what fun! Sisters are great! I love to hang out with my sister, we laugh at anything and everything! Hey, that dish scrubber is one of my favorite cleaing tools, my kids love it too! My little girl loves to do dishes with it also! You remind me so much my myself! I once put a hotpad away in the drawer and it had some burning charcoals, it smoked the drawer, luckily I didn't leave home and I found it before I bured the house down!
You are a delight! Have a fun day! I hope your husband gets home soon! :-)

Free Art Printables said...

I had to delete my entire blog earlier in the year due to a hacker.. now I save everything. It's so devastating! Loved your story!

Anonymous said...

I have a sister Kate as well....and your adventures sound like ours when we are together. Wonder if it has anything to do with the name Kate????
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Barb

honeysuckle said...

That was so funny. I'm glad you could laugh about it as it was occuring. That, in itself is a gift! Good luck on retreiving all your followers. I feel blessed that you remembered me. Thanks

Ms. Tee said...

Oh Beth! How funny! You are right about laughing instead of crying - it just has a way of diffusing everything right then and there! :)

I'm sorry you lost all of your list. I recently had a computer crash & I still don't have everything back to normal.

Thanks for sharing that story - it made me laugh, too :) Have a great weekend!

Picket said...

Oh my word a real live Lucy & Ethel Moment! lol lol You can't blame your bladder to much..that was just too much 'pressure' for it to handle! lol lol Now when the doctor ask what the problem is be sure you don't leave out any details! lol You just ain't right girl...but I sure do love ya! ♥

Anonymous said...

Beth, your story made me laugh so hard I had to run to the bathroom. LOL. I burned some hummingbird food much the same way. It was awful. I have heard about the dishwasher overflowing with bubbles but that I have never done. smile. I have four sisters and we have been known to collapse in laughter over the silliest things. How wonderful for you to have your sister with you. Thank you for sharing your story today. And thanks for your sweet comments about my grands.

Love...Jeanne

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL I love this story. And you're right...you just have to laugh! ANd the peeing thing...for me it's usually when I sneeze! But laughing will do it too!

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh and soooo sorry about you losing your list...TWICE! It is so awful trying to remember everyone and get them all back. And it takes forever. My sympanthies...I know how you feel.

Lindell said...

so funny. I can actually see it in my head and I'm laughing! By the way: what the heck is hummingbird nectar?

bj said...

OOO, sweet Beth..this is so funny but kind of bittersweet! I hate that your floors got so wet and that your house filled up with smoke..OH, MY...
As for p'ing your pants,...I have done it several time thru my long life and laughed so hard I almost slid down in the pee ! Every time my little granddaughters and I get together, we all walk around with crossed legs til we can make it to the bathroom....
hahaha, love, bj
ooo, and I don't even know how to "save" my blog...how do you do that? I would just about die a thousand deaths if my blog was deleted....

Brenda Pruitt said...

Yep, that's real life. You know, they have the saying "laughed till I peed my pants" because apparently it has happened to MANY people. Not yet to me, but I never say NEVER!
Brenda

Pattie D said...

Oh my...I love this post...it has all the right elements, my favorite kitchen gadget, laughing so hard you pee your pants, lemonade and Sister Hinckley!
My daughter deleted her whole blog earlier this year. She declared she felt like she had deleted her life!
Glad it was just us, because I don't think you are going to be able to get rid of all of us!
warm hugs
tricia

susette said...

I love it when I get the giggles. I love it when it becomes uncontrollable and the more you laugh the harder it is to stop. What fun times!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Well, this is a first, I started out wanting to cry with you, at the beginning of your post, and ended laughing hysterically! LOL! Great post!

Your post of projects below was wonderful! Your daughter is so creative! I love all the projects, especially the green chest of drawers! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

LOL - that was a fun read (although I'm sorry you lost your list twice)!

Manuela

The Muse said...

LOL...thru the bad the good...always the good :)
and of course if we can be of service we shall try !

prayers and hugs..prayers and hugs!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

That is still the funniest story! I love it.

Bo said...

Hi Beth...This story gave me a good giggle today...I can identify with the p'ing part from laughter, too...it's really embarrassing in public...I'm just sayin'...not admitting...LOL ;-) Bo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

OH, how funny! I am just crying from laughter, Beth. I can see you girls standing in soap suds and pee-pee with your bandanas on your faces. LOL!

I think you heard my Thanksgiving turkey story about my sister doing exactly what her husband told her to do with the new convection oven, us going shopping and lunching(because we had x amount of time to do that before we took the turkey out), me smelling something burning before we left the house, her assuring me it was supposed to cook for several hours, us merrily shopping and lunching with my husband, and us returning to her husband in a snit because the turkey was a shrunken head! LOL! It turned out fine because we got the last pan of sliced turkey from S&S Cafeteria in Charleston, but he (determined cuss he was) took the shrunken head out to his Christmas tree farm for snacking. Even his brother's dog wouldn't eat it. LOL!

My husband, sister, and I went into a fit of giggles which made her husband even madder. LOL! We couldn't help ourselves. Of course, he was thinking of all the guests they were having over, and we were just laughing at what that turkey resembled. It was priceless!

XO,

Sheila

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness.. I laughed until I thought I was going to cry.. I'm glad you didn't have any more damage..but the lack of bladder control just cracked me up.. our bodies do betray us at times doesn't it?? hope all is better today..hugs ~lynne~

Wendall K said...

I love those memory lane stories, it's the good stuff in life. Thanks for sharing

~Niki~ said...

not sure if i was on your blog list

Anonymous said...

Hiya Beth....Oh my goodness I have enjoyed the laughter you have shared this afternoon! I think homemakers have to have a sense of humor. I for one could not imagine life if I didn't have one.

I have left you a little award over on ly blog, but you may already have it! OOPS! You deserve it anyhow! :)

Have a great weekend,
Jen

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beth, that was hysterical! :-) Wow, what a day you had! Are you going to tell the doctor about the DW? He will laugh, too! Susan

Elizabeth said...

Ha! Beth, did that happen to you or your Internet friend? Wow, it sounds like my life! Like the time I tried to get my mixer unstuck out of the chocolate gunk I was mixing and lifted the blades without first turning the machine off - What a ding dong!

I love the Hinkley quote. I miss her so much...I saw her give a talk at BYU Womens Conference. She was bringing up the subject of marriage. She said the word, "Marriage", and then rolled her eyes. It was hysterical! I miss them both so much!

Please add me to your blog roll.

My hubby got that job. I will publish more about it on my blog next week. First, I want to see that contract signed, then I will breathe a sigh of relief.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

P.S. How does one back up save a blog?

Elizabeth (not computer-savvy!)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hoping your Sunday is as special as you are!

xo,

Sheila :-)

The Muse said...

Glorious Sunday to you!

Decor To Adore said...

Sending you a hug from Phoenix!

Holly and Derek said...

OH my! You are seriously so funny! I miss our weekly visits!

Holly and Derek said...

Sorry you had also asked about where Derek was in Italy and I have forgotten to respond! He was in Milan! We are hoping to do a rotation there in a couple of years! Yay!

Lorrie said...

This was so funny--thank goodness for a sense of humor, right? Thanks for a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

LOL oh Beth! That had me giggling. I thought it was only me who had a nasty case of creative brain taking over my practical brain. It nearly had me going out to the shops in my new pyjamas one morning where I wasn't paying enough attention. I refuse to think I'm getting that bad! LOL

Glad everything cleared up of. Lemon is meant to be good for lingering niffs.

Your verification word is ablesses. :-)