Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Joys of the Winter Landscape in Utah.

Susan from A Southern day Dreamer is hosting a Great Outdoor Wednesday. I wanted to share with you a bit of my winter view.
The pictures of freshly fallen snow, are my favorite.
The Wasatch Mountains which are home to beautiful ski resorts.
When I went outside yesterday I wanted to find anything of color beneath the melting snow and along a rock wall I found our Cotoneaster bush and it’s bright berries... along a path on the side of our home.
Later I saw this family of Quail proudly marching through our backyard. I love their little hats as if they are dressed in their finery to go somewhere special. Click on the picture!

I hope you enjoy your week, no matter what kind of weather and beauty you are experiencing!
Please visit Susan who is hosting this fun way for us to see more outdoor pictures.


32 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures! I love pictures of sunsets--so tranquil and peaceful! Thanks for sharing.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday!

The pictures of your new fallen snow are beautiful. We never get any snow! I am sure you are happy to see a little green peeking through the snow.... and birds... signs of life even in the snow!

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Anonymous said...

Hello Beth, your snow photos are lovely. We too have snow here in the NC mountains. I love the quail walking across the snow. What do they eat? Your bit of color is nice as well. Thanks for sharing your little corner of the world.

Hugs...Jeanne

Shannon said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! I love snow.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, for some reason, I've been going by your blog, and I thought only one post was up from last week. Blogger has some odd kinks lately! I check every single day so I'm glad I clicked again!

Oh, how beautiful your snow is! It is SO lovely, and those precious quails! Thank you for sharing this. It is a like a fairytale to me to see that pretty snow! I have never been in deep snow before, and I love looking at winter scenes. :-)

Sending much, much love to you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kat said...

Beautiful photos. I love pictures of snow (notice I said pictures lol), and that shot of the quail is great! What a gorgeous sky peaking through the trees. Great post! Kathy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Disregard what I just said, I know I saw yesterday's post. I even signed onto it. LOL! It's been a long day. I've been out getting prizes for a fundraiser for the elderly, and I'm a bit crazed. ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow. I love it when it's freshly fallen. Your quail are my favorite.

Kathy b

~Niki~ said...

Hi there :) Hope you're having a great week!

ellen b. said...

Hi Beth! Now that's some serious snow for sure! So pretty. Enjoy...

akawest said...

Wonderful Photos!

Lindell said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Good thing its beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thank you for sharing the beautiful snow picture...I love snow. The quails looks like they were enjoying the snow...Great post..Have a wonderful week..Katherinellen

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Wow, Beth...what a view! LOVE it! Breathtaking! Love the quail pic, too...soooo cute! Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow pics. Everything is brown here. I'm longing for warmer days and getting outside.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
Hugs
Patti c

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What beautiful pictures. I'm glad we've had a bit of warm spell almost 50 today. :-) Thanks for visiting the grape themed tablescape. I'm glad you enjoyed it..hugs ~lynne~

Missy Wertz said...

Snow! Beautiful Snow!

Elizabeth said...

Love it all, Beth! I wish we would get just a little more new snow before Spring comes...Am I crazy or what? I just love soft nights of snow over everything. But I hate muddy brown, old snow.

Thank you for the encouragement about Robert. I'm so glad your son overcame everything and went on to be successful. That gives me hope.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

susette said...

I love that this is showing taking time to "Stop and smell the roses" in a sense. You are living in the moment and enjoying the beauty around you. That's the perfect example!

Shauna said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing :) ♥ Hugs!

Pattie D said...

Beth,
I so love your pictures of the beautiful and majestic Wasatch Mountains! I truly miss them. You brought a huge smile to my face tonight. I miss the snow. I know some would think I am crazy in this land of near perfect weather. No one could complain about the last few days here, and I am not, I have truly enjoyed them. But, it is January and like Elizabeth said, there is just something soft and special about new snow. Thanks again for sharing your kindnesses and thoughtfulness I love visiting your blog.
hugs
tricia

PS. I love the quail also. We have lots of them here. They are so very cute with their babies. I love to watch how they love and care for each other.

Anonymous said...

Love those mountains, I just feel like crying every time I see them when I come back to Utah. I really miss them.

Ulla said...

Your mountains look so majestic! The quail are birds I have never seen, they look nice and special! We have only little snow, but it just started snowing and the weatherman promised about 4" snow by tomorrow morning.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Beth! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me. Your pictures are beautiful. I love the quail. Wonder if they would like to meet my sandpiper? Ha Ha. I stopped by your blog briefly the other day and wanted you to know I got such a kick out of your fruitalicious pictures. I think I'm fruit salad!!! In addition to the fruit of the Spirit love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness.........we can also choose a fruit of the body.... apple, strawberry, pear.... A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Have a nice day and please come and visit me again!
~Elizabeth

P. said...

Such beautiful pictures, they look like a postcard.

Alfazema

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures. You sure live in a wonderful part of the country. I love the little quail crossing the road.

I noticed on another blog that you said your son is a falconer. I was a licensed falconer in South Dakota. I really loved it.

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MAN....the picture of the Wasatch mountains brought tears to my eyes. I guess it's time to make a trip home...I'm getting so homesick that every little Utah thing sets me off on a crying jag lol. I even get teary watching a Jazz home game...scanning the crowds for a familiar face!

The Muse said...

I can't help but linger on the image with the bird in the snow :) That's me LOL patiently waiting for spring!

A New England Life said...

Aren't those Quail delightful! I would be thrilled to see them waltzing through my backyard on a snowy winter day. Lucky you!

The new fallen snow is so pretty, isn't it? Fresh and clean and crisp ... ahh. If you need anymore I can lend you a foot or so ; )

Anonymous said...

Ooo what beautiful mountains Beth!

Well done for getting the quail pic.

Yes the new snow is so beautiful when the sun is shining.

Randi A. said...

Beautiful photos....
:)

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Oh those quail are darling! I can even see the cute bobbly things on their heads!

Cindy