In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4.
Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.
Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible.
He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was
unable to go with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said,
"Well, let's take the kids with us." She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children. She had an daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her older son, who was disabled in a wheelchair. Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.
That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.
Several years later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children. Since then they have adopted 5 more children.
Several years later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children. Since then they have adopted 5 more children.
So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl? Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner, both active church going Christians, now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals, who won the championship game and will meet the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl next week end, on Feb 1 in Tampa. Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person.It should be noted that he also quarter backed the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.
*
It is so nice to hear about the good guys!!!
*
Matthew 22: 37-39
When Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment of all, Christ answered and said, "Thous shalt love the Lord thy God with all your heart and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thy self."
*
Several people have let me in my comments this particular story has been 'glurged or sugar coated' a bit and their REAL TRUE story is even better and more inspirational than this partial one and can be found here on SNOOPES. What an incredible story and couple. It was a great love story:-) !!!! Enjoy a fun and safe weekend!
sincerely,

37 comments:
That was a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it! :)
Thank you so much for your prayers last week, for my family. We really appreciated them! :) Hugs, Rhonda
It was a delight and blessing, having Kurt and Brenda in St Louis, when he played for the Rams. I don't think the Rams have had many good seasons, since they left!
All the best to the AZ Cardinals, too! Who also used to be in St Louis!!!
Great post!
That is so lovely Beth. Thanks for sharing.
You always have the best stories and the greatest inspirational thoughts. Perhaps now I will watch the superbowl. :)
This was a great story...and now I'll have a team to cheer! Thanks..
;-) Bo
I never saw this ending coming, Beth, and it is OH so sweet! This makes me want to cry, but in a good way! I love "good guys," and he is definitely that. What a story!
Thank you sweet, dear friend for sharing this! I'll be smiling all weekend.
XO,
Sheila :-)
I love that story!
You just don't hear stories like that often enough. Thank you for sharing something so inspirational! Now I want to google him. lol!
Loved that story girl! I still believe in happy endings! Thanks for coming by my friend and I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Stories like this make my heart soar. This is a fairy tale if I ever heard one. : ) Perfect season to read about it too, so close to V-day. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.
Thanks for sharing, I will enjoy the Arizona Cardinals a little bit more! I love your blog! You are uplifting and give us all something to think about!
I left you a comment on my blog!
Thank You! :)
What a sweet story! I was holding my breath waiting to hear the ending! Also had a BIG lump in my throat when he met Brenda's kids...
This proves that true love indeed does exist and yes, so does Prince Charming!!
Thank you so much for this story!! :-)
xoxo
Janie
I LOVE STORIES like this one. Funny thing, I got this in an email from my mom just today! LOL!!
Thanks so much for coming to the shower today! It was so much fun having everyone there. I would LOVE to have copies of the pictures you took. If I bring over a CD would you mind burning them? HUGS! Lonna
Wow - what a great story. I didn't know that. I did hear him give all the glory to His Lord and Savior Jesus Christ after winning the game, tho.
Smiles.
What a beautiful story.
Blessings
Lisa
I love the way thier story reads on snopes.com too, it gets even better. I thought you'd enjoy checking it out. Enjoying you in Chandler, AZ. Your good husband shared your blog address; 'hope to see you again when we're back up to CHQ next. Love ya!
I've had two people send me this in an email. It's a good one! Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sundays.
Hi Beth,
This is one of the most touching stories that I have read lately, I can't wait to share it with my husband; he has been telling me about this professional football player who worked in a grocery store. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue
Welcome to Spiritual Sundays. I'm so glad you chose to share with us.
Of course I love Kurt Warner and the AZ Cardinals. Partly because I live in AZ and mostly because I love Kurt Warner's testimony.
I got this same e-mail from two different people and then a day later I got another e-mail from one of them with a link to what was called "The True Story". Here's that link.
http://www.snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp
It's amazing how stories go round and round on the internet that you tend to get a little bit skeptical. Whichever version is correct, there is no doubt that he is a great man and a great Christian.
Blessings,
Charlotte
What a Christ like example. I appreciated Kurt's story Miss Auntie. I must be the only one not to have gotten the email. Glad it is going around though.
Kurt Warner is tops in my book. No, I'm not a football fan but I'm a Kurt Warner fan. LOL What a great testimony!
All the best, Lana
Love it! I love stories that are so ...perfect! Thank you for sharing this with us, and since I live in AZ, it means just that much more. I love when these athlete share their stories of trial and triumph, sometimes the younger generation has the wrong idea about how they got to where they did, and it is through hard work and doing the right things.
Thanks Beth you are a great example and such an awesome lady...sure you don't want to move here????
hugs
tricia
WOW! I have not read about him before, I'm so glad you posted it here today. Working at a grocery store and meeting my husband there, it brought back great memories. I hope to see you next week on Spiritural Sunday as well.
God Bless,
Ginger
I see my wife,Charlotte has already left a comment on your blog. I will just say, "Amen" to what she said. I just wanted you to know that I read your post and it was a good one.
Beth, would you believe my friend just told me this story yesterday and it is amazing and wonderful. There are wonderful stories just like this. We just don't hear about them. I believe in people and most of them do the right thing. The press brings out the worst stories and it can make one lose faith in mankind. Never lose faith.
Love...Jeanne
What an awesome story! I'm not a big football fan but HAD to watch the playoffs last Sunday...I live in AZ. Anyway, what a great game. I'm so excited the Cardinals are going to the super bowl. I may become a football fan after all. :-)
What a wonderful story! Love a happy ending! Thanks for sharing today.
Blessings,
Sandi
What an inspiring story! I don't follow sports much any longer due to all the negativity, when I hear of Christian men & women I try to remember them in my prayers. I will be praying for this young man and his family.
You have a wonderful bloggie home, it's so nice to meet you!
Blessings,
Kathi :)
I am so glad that you posted this. I LOVE Kurt and his family. We were stationed (for the military) in St. Louis the year that the Rams went to the Superbowl. Kurt was a hometown hero and on every talk show and new cast around. He was constantly speaking highly of his family and never thought twice about speaking of his faith in God or his religion. He ever got together with some of his fellow Christian players and they made trading cards that were free for the youth in the area. Except instead of stats on the back of the cards they wrote their testimonies.
I remember the little boy next door had one and when I saw it I cried.
It's so good to know that there are still good men in the spot light and we do have people in sports that we can let our children look up to.
GO CARDINALS!!! And happy Sunday.
*hugs*
That is such a wonderful story! I know which team I'll me cheering for now!
What a wonderful story! Yea for the good guys! I am one of the "Brendas" who could have used one of those when I was the mother of a young toddler. They weren't the majority as I recall!
Brenda
I love a happy ending! What a great blessing for them both to find each other and for us to know it is a true story. Thanks for sharing this today. I feel like I am getting to know you better already!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today. I see you have the same quote on your side bar. I so love Sis. Hinckley. Thanks for the football story. I love the stories behind the stories. I'll be back. Mimi
What a wonderful story, Beth! I'm so glad to hear about the good guys, too - what an awesome young man! :)
Alrighty, my dear friend... I am just going to go down the alphabet... so, your letter is K! I am excited to see what you write!
PS Tell us about the training you went to!!!! I would LOVE to hear! Take notes??? SHARE!!!
Hi Beth,
I love hearing about the “Good Guy’s.”
I think now I will actually watch the Super Bowl with the hubby this year.
-Cheers, Amy
Post a Comment