There isn't a word in all the English language with more magic in it than the word gratitude. Love makes fertile the soil for things to blossom and to grow, and love begins with gratitude. ~Geraldine P. AndersonToday I am grateful for prayer. I have been reflecting on the many blessings I have received. I remember years ago, I lay in an ICU unit fighting for my life, hooked up to many tubes, wires and life saving I.V.’s.
It could have been, yet was NOT a night I spent in prayer pleading with my Heavenly Father for my life, so I could finish raising our family. It was a night I spent in constant prayer of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all the many blessings which he had already blessed me with. Although that deepest desire did come true...A personal miracle happened for me that night.
One that still brings tears to my eyes.
Through having an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’ I know miracles can and do happen!
Sue Bender said, " Gratitude makes every day sacred. Expressing gratitude is a gift to the giver. Gratitude for small things makes every day a gift."
May you each enjoy your gift of this very Day!
Please join us at Rhondi's Rose Colored Glasses for more Thankful Thursday. I am sure you will be glad you did!!!

36 comments:
Beautiful post, Beth!
What a moving post this was...gratitude is something we too often don't express...;-) Bo
Oh you are going to make me cry! You are such an inspiration!
Hi…..
Your blog is breathe taking. It has a great appeal.
I like your blog……
Beth, this post made me cry. The thought of you not being here upsets me more than I can say, but the thought of you lying there and praising God fills my heart with joy. There's a scripture that says the Lord inhabits the praises of His people. I'm so thankful you got your miracle, and I know your family is, too! Prasie be to God! Very inspirational post, Beth. You are the sweetest!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hi Aunt Beth!
I'm so glad you're here also! I believe in miracles! I love your post! Gratitude speaks loudly!
Thank you for reminding us! Your thoughts touched me! What a loving Mother you are!
Have a Happy Day!
There is nothing my comforting to me than prayer. I simply can not imagine a darker black than life without it. I too am grateful for the many miracles than My Heavenly Father has blessed my life with. Both large and small. I truly believe that ingratitude is a sin, and know at times I’m guilty of practicing it. This morning my heart is swollen and full as I contemplate with deep gratitude my many, many blessings.
Thank you Beth, for the gentle spirit of your post.
Lewaina
What a beautiful story, Beth. I believe in miracles, and I'm so grateful that God blessed you with one.
You are truly an inspiration to all of us.
Good morning Ladies,
You all are so sweet and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful uplift you are to me!
Pat, Thank You for visiting! Your home and talents are an inspiration to visit. Someday I will tell you a funny story which happened while my sis and I were drooling over your tour post of 2008:)
Bo, It is true for all of us, me included. Can we ever thank HIM enough?
Darling Holly, don't cry. I miss you and our fun talks while you massaged my owiees:)
Susan, Thank You! Please come often.
Shelia, You were the inspiration for this post. It was only after reading yours LATE last night, I decided to join the party too:) Gratitude is dear to my heart.
Brenda, It is so fun getting to know you and gather so many ideas!
Thank You for your friendship:)
Mercyottis, Thank You for your sweet words this morning. I am grateful for new friends also!
Janie, you yourself have been an incredible inspiration to me through your words and beautiful photos.
This was a very beautiful post. I am glad you are still here telling us this story. And that you were able to raise your beautiful family.
I do have so many blessings in my life and reasons to be grateful. Thank you my friend for allowing me to reflect more about it today.
Just beautiful post..AMEN!! to that..each day is a blessing..thanks for the reminder...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
What a lovely post, Beth! Yes, we need to celebrate the 'little moments' in life MORE and be grateful, don't we?! Thanks for reminding us :)
Hugs,
Michelle
Hello Beth, your story today touched my heart. My ex'dughter-in-law is 41 years old and fighting for her life this very minute.
she has had cancer for eight years and has been in and out of remission many times. I believe she can't fight anymore. She and our son have been apart for many years but she has never left our heart. We are praying for a miracle and your story lets me know it can happen. I didn't mean to get personal but I can think of nothing but her these days as well as my grandsons who are suffering so much. The boys are 20 and 17.
I hope you didn't mind that I shared my sadness with you. Thank you for your sweet comment today.
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi Beth
That is quite a story! You have much to be thankful for. I'm glad you wanted to be a part of Thankful Thursday, and I've added you to the list. Do you want to join in every Thrusday?
Hugs, Rhondi
What an inspiration, encouragement and blessing you are! How wonderful you are to share your blessings with us and reminding us that we should all be thankful.
Speaking of thankful, thank you for the sweet award. I'm a little behind in visiting this week.
~Hugs~
Jen
Oh this is beautiful Beth! I am missing women bible study today to work on article...due Saturday!!!
When I get back from Arizona I will need to join in this Thursday group;)
I was just thinking of
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 i just was re-reading it yesterday...
Thanks for sharing and your recommendation on the movie and stopping by:)
Smiles,
KayEllen
Such a wonderfully inspiring post. I try every day to remember and be thankful for all the blessings I have. And one of those blessings is getting to come here and bask in the warm glow. You are an awesome lady!
What a lovely post... it brought tears to my eyes... and like you, I am also grateful for prayer, and so much in my life.
Thank you for leaving a message on my blog :)
Yes it is so important to count our blessings every single day and to appreciate all that others do for us from the smallest to the largest act. Your post is so lovely.
Kindest regards and may many happy and days always be yours.
Pat
what a glorious testimony!!! :)
I agree...the more gratitude we have, the more blessings we can see in our life and the Lord's hand guiding us along! Thanks for sharing.
I am so glad you were granted a miracle those years ago. We need more gratitude in our lives and your post is a good reminder to me Thank you. I enjoy reading your thoughts. You are inspiring.
What a sweet post, Beth - you have such a tender heart. I love to read your posts & I'm so happy that God gave you that miracle! :)
SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you are still here making the world a better place!!!!
I agree with Bo, this is a very moving post straight from your heart. Thank you so much for being willing to share it with us.
What a beautiful and meaningful post. So glad you're still with your family.....and us! : )
I'm so glad everything turned out alright and that you are here for your children today. A mothers love changes everything.
Charming family photo. It made me smile : )
Beth...this was a beautiful post and you were so dear to comment back to those that left a comment. I am so happy for your miracle. I believe I have had an angel on my shoulder throughout most of my life, My faith and trust in God becomes stronger everyday. You are a great inspiration to so many, maybe that is why the Lord acted on your prayers that night.
Bless you.
xoxo
Jane
Wow, that's amazing. I love your blog.
Hello!
I just found your blog. It is truly beautiful. It's a nice respite for the spirit.
Melissa
Beth, You are kind! There are days when I can't seem to get anything done at all, and wonder where my get it all together has gone, and I pray I can grow up to be a with-it kind of woman! I had heard there was a way to bind blogs. More hope for my lack of journal keeping lol. As far as I know there isn't a family connection between Nicole M and myself. I came across her blog from Sarah in Mo (The Simple Country Girl) and I came across Sarah from somewhere I can't remember now. It snowballed from there. I am very brand new to the land of blogs, My daughter in law got the ball rolling and inspired us to follow her endeavors.
I don't need to tell you to enjoy your day, I know you are. My husband is a full time journeyman lineman, we have a small farm with beef cattle and hay, and he's a Bishop. But there are lots of times and places I can tag along with him. I think you must be one of those with-it women I want to become!:) Thanks for sharing the happiness with me Lewaina
That was straight from your tender heart on this subject. I felt that. I felt of your testimony expressing your miracle. I know it happened and I know that it meant the world to you to carry on. I am grateful for that miracle also.
Thanks for sharing this gratitude post. It is so inspiring. :)
Hia Beth, thank you for being an inspiration.
There was a time in our lives when I relied on miracles to see us through. Once was when we were looking after 3 adoptive siblings as well as our 2. They had only been with us a few days. I had made all 4 school aged children PE bags for school in gold and yellow. But what with one thing and another, the shops were shut before I had time to get the string for the draw string fastening. While walking the children and hounds along the canal worrying about how I would manage to finish these bags before 9am the next morning, I started to pray. On the way back along the towpath to the car, there in the hedge was a huge tangle of yellow nylon twine. I hadn't seen it on the way going at all.
This showed me that a) God listens- really listens I had specified what colour I needed b) he cares about the mundane bits in our lives c) he gives more than you actually need. I still have what I didn't use that morning. It's a good reminder. I ought to dig it out.
That was just one of the ways God carried us through that difficult time with those traumatised children. I am so pleased that God kept you here and gave you the miracle you needed.
That is absolutely a beautiful post....a tear is wanting to slide down my cheek as I read this. Just BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment