He is such a joy and a true TREASURE. He was born at the same stage of development which would be considered a late term abortion. Today he is a Husband, Father of four and an Eye Doctor.I read ::Jan's:: Post this week: I am stuck I couldn't get it out of my mind. Jan's post is as follows:
Warning: Harsh verbiage and reading ahead. I am just saying my thoughts.
-
• A woman who is 8 1/2 months pregnant, walks into a gas station restroom, gives birth to the baby, wraps it in toilet paper, and proceeds to drop the baby in a dumpster nearby. Through DNA testing and our Nations justice system, she is found guilty, convicted and sent to jail for murdering her child.
-
• A woman has 5 dogs. She has them locked in a small area near her home, and is slowly starving them to death due to severe neglect. A neighbor calls and reports her to the police. They come and make a case against her. She is given a huge fine and sent to jail to serve a small term on the conviction of mistreating and neglect of animals.
-
• A woman is 8 1/2 ( *5 1/2 mnths. for those that are offended with the longer term ) by months pregnant and decides she doesn't want the baby anymore. She walks into a respected hospital where she is induced into labor, and has her baby killed while being born. The abortion fails and the baby is born medically sound. The baby is then placed in a room with no medical attention or nutrition, and is left to slowly die. A man who supports this kind of treatment, is found guiltless, elected President of our country, and we pay for his salary.
-
I read where we need to move on with our thinking when it comes to the Freedom of Choice Act. I hash it over in my mind. I am in concrete. I am stuck and can't move on. This is the area I don't support and where I publicly step outside the chanting of "Yes We Can" for our country. Because quite frankly,
-
"No I Can't" [ http://www.fightfoca.com/] It's at our doorstep. End of Jan's post.
*
In This bill, you will find it will:
* Legalize partial birth at any stage
*Religious based hospitals, medical personnel and others who's religious or personal beliefs are against performing abortions will be forced to perform them.
* Abolish parents rights
* All taxpayers will be forced to pay
* Eliminate state rights
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
My Own Experience
I had the privilege of serving with young girls in the 'Birth Parent Program' for our church for five years. These beautiful girls who decided (Their choice)to put their babies up for adoption, would relocate to family host homes in our area until after their babies were born. I would counsel and nurture these young women during their pregnancies and then actually witnessed the miracle of birth with some. I have witnessed the joy of couples as they received the precious gift of parenthood.
It was out of love for their babies, they gave them up to loving parents so their babies could have a better life. These young ladies were the most incredibly loving and giving girls who really gave up a tender piece of their heart and soul. It was the most loving agony and sacrifice these young women went through. It brings tears to my eyes each time I think of them. I have so much love and compassion for each these precious women who I came to admire and love.
I also witnessed such joy when these precious infants were placed in the loving arms of a couple who had longed to become parents.
It was out of love for their babies, they gave them up to loving parents so their babies could have a better life. These young ladies were the most incredibly loving and giving girls who really gave up a tender piece of their heart and soul. It was the most loving agony and sacrifice these young women went through. It brings tears to my eyes each time I think of them. I have so much love and compassion for each these precious women who I came to admire and love.
I also witnessed such joy when these precious infants were placed in the loving arms of a couple who had longed to become parents.
I feel these precious TREASURES deserve to be born. We each have a voice!
Please if you agree, contact Fight FOCA HERE and place your name on the list so your voice can be heard.
This post was not intended to offend anyone, but to educate and give everyone the opportunity to let your voice be heard, before this bill is pushed through and made law.
Precious life is a cherished Treasure and not to let die and throw away in the Trash.
*
I continue to pray for President Obama and those who work with him in making the right decisions for our country. They have quite a task ahead of them.
*
Please visit Diane, who graciously hosts Trash to Treasures each week for more Trash to Treasures.
Thank You for allowing me to post this rather unusual T to T this week.
Sincerely,
29 comments:
I am in TOTAL agreement with you. A baby who is unwanted can still be someone's treasure.
Abortion is killing a baby. Perhaps the pregnant person doesn't understand or is overwhelmed, so I am sympathetic toward her.
I firmly believe in adoption; it IS a real solution. Thank you for this post.
Hi Beth,
Abortion is murder plain and simple. I appreciate your wonderful post.
Thanks for linking,
Diane
Adopting an infant is a lot easier than adopting an older child who has been a victim of abuse and neglect. There are so many children out there who are older awaiting someone to say "I want you." Those are the adoptions that will truly "save a life". Not so many people saying "Your life is worth saving to me." as are saying "No abortion." I don't want to argue abortion - I do want to argue "Do something." rather than taking a stand but doing nothing to solve the problems of unwanted and abused children.
In this community I think everyone should be able to speak their mind, heart & soul, if they choose to...
As long as you aren't hurting anyone or attacking them personally(and I don't think this blog is doing that) :)
Beth , May I add a link back to this post on my blog today? I feel like Jan. Stuck . I just can't get my mind around this choice thing. The Choice is made when a child is concevied. Our youngest son is adopted. His is a family adoption, he was 22 months when he came to live with us. He is a beautiful and smart son. The day we walked out of the court room, his almost 7 year old hand in mine, I truly felt like I had just given birth. The love I feel for him is no different than I feel for my other children, and I feel so blessed to have him call me mother. Thanks for sharing this with us today. Lewaina
Powerful post, Beth.
Our grandson Elijah was born in November 2006. In August of that year, my daughter had a routine ultrasound that revealed Elijah had Posterior Urethral Valves. His chances for survival were very low. If he did survive, he would spend the rest of his life being catherderized. He would also have other problems, due to PUV's. Even though some would choose to abort this precious baby, my daughter and son in law, could not even begin to imagine choosing that "option". That late summer and fall was one of the most heart rending season's of our lives. I can't even type this, over 2 years later, without crying. In November 06, a few weeks before due date, Elijah was born. He only lived about 2 hours. As you can imagine, it was a sad time for our family, but we all were so glad, that we gave Elijah his chance for life. His parents, made the decision to donate Elijah's body to Washington University, St Louis, in hopes that more knowledge of Posterior Urethal Valves,can be found. PUV's happens 1 in 8000 births, boys only.
Melanie said...
Hia Beth- gosh I'm 1st! Must be a hot potato that people need to give a lot of thought to.
I had to give this whole subject a lot of thought as it affected a person I knew and we ourselves went through the year long process of being vetted by our local council to see if we would make suitable adoptive parents.
Here in the UK until very recently the mentality was to keep children with their birth families for as long as possible. This has resulted in a lot of older children being available for adoption, but often they are highly traumatised and haven't received the help from professionals that they need to be able to cope with a normal family life. After the Baby P. case, I think the pendulum will start to swing the other way.
There are so many couples out there who want newborn babies preferably as unaffected by things like the mother's drug taking as possible. (Some chemicals drugs are mixed with harm the sight of an unborn.) Normal newborn babies are very rare in the UK. The council will often interview a number of couples and choose the best, leaving so many couples devastated that their hope for "this baby" is crushed. They then have to pick themselves up and hope again for the next baby or look at having an older age one.
The welfare system supports young mothers to keep their babies with them. Girls who don't want to become mothers do have abortions rather than go through with an unwanted pregnancy. For some they can just pick up their lives and carry on as if nothing has happened. For others, the knowledge that they have terminated the life of their own baby weighs heavily on them and they never really get over it. Some even get pregnant as soon as possible to try to get rid of the guilt as they bring up their 2nd child. Others get locked into a cycle of unwanted pregnancies by looking for love in the wrong places.
Increasingly younger girls just in their teens are getting pregnant and are facing adult decisions while they are still children. There needs to be much more help for them. They barely know how they will feel in a week's time let alone in a few months time or years ahead.
It's so hard. There are no easy decisions. There has to be support for these girls so they know truely what the impact of their decision will be, on themselves, as well as their pregnancy. It is very rare indeed in the UK for a girl to voluntarily give up a newborn. Most of the newborns are taken from drug taking "unsuitable" mothers who often already have children in the care system.
So as you see, the UK is very different from the US. We have the same loving couples waiting to adopt, but the culture is different.
It's such a tough subject Beth. Well done for having the courage to bring it up.
http://jellybeanangel.blogspot.com
I think you shouldn't feel worried about offending somebody on an issue such as this. Abortion is wrong, wrong, wrong! What a wonderful thing to learn about you getting to work with these young ladies in this capacity. I bet your heart and compassion went out to them daily. What a challenging yet loving thing they were willing to do for others. Thanks for sharing this information today.
I felt the spirit immediately as you shared what you do for these girls and your feelings. That confirms to me, that you are doing the right things. Keep it up Beth. I ♥ you for what you are doing.
AMEN!!!!! I get SO mad over this topic!!! For pete's sake... drop that sweet little baby off at the door of the hospital or something... there are so many people out there that WANT one!!!! Love what you do!!!
Oh, I just cry thinking about all the things that are going on in the world today. Especially with those dear precious children.
How sweet this post is to see you with your grandson. He is adorable.
I totally agree with Jan and with you! Thanks so much for doing what you are doing to spread the word!
This has got to be one of the most important Trash to Treasure postings ever...Children are treasures! ;-) Bo
Hia Beth,
yes there is a difference in cultures. There is a bigger push by local authoroties now- advertising types of children available for adoption in local newspapers to try and find adoptive parents.
This is a recent push from Government where they have realised that children brought up in care are over represented in the prison system. Even they have realised that children should be brought up in families rather than institutions or with frequently changed foster parents.
I do wish that there were more programmes like the one you are involved in where these girls can be supported throughout the transition towards adoption. Sadly I think they are rare over here which is why so many are aborted.
I was profoundly shocked by what you said about aborted babies being left to die when medical intervention could save them. I had a niece born at 26 weeks with a lot of medical issues. In the UK the legal limit (I had to check this) is 24 weeks.
Potentially you could have the situation of a woman fighting to keep her child alive with medical help and another woman wanting an abortion and they are the same gestation age! This must be so awful for the medical staff like you said.
If one of these "unsuccessfully aborted" babies could live with the increasingly sucessful medical intervention, surely that is when the baby has rights to live that over-ride the wishes of his/her mother?
I am glad you are there for some of these young girls facing this situation. I just wish there was more of that kind of support for young girls in the UK.
When I saw the photo of your baby, I remember seeing my baby for the first time. She is one of those treasured ones that has brought so much joy to our lives. And to think, she was almost aborted. She was born 8 weeks early.
As I was reading your post about the girl who birth a baby, wrapped it in toilet paper and placed it in a dumpster to die, how many couples would love the opportunity to raise that baby. Why do these girls not see it? Why do they not understand that they have to answer to a Holy God for what they have done?
This country will have to answer to a Holy God.
Thank you for your post.
Children are definitely Treasures Beth. Thank you for posting from your heart. The picture of you and your son is priceless.
Beth,
I was 19, poor, uneducated, and without family when I became pregnant with my daughter. Several professionals recommended other options but I thank God that I went ahead with the pregnancy. Almost 20 years later she is the light of my life and makes me so proud I could burst.
Adoption is also a GREAT option!
Very well written! The first time I learned of what partial birth abortions were it made me sick, and still does. I don't understand it. There are so many people not blessed with the opportunity to have babies and would give anything for one of these precious babies!
Thank you for always making such sweet comments on my blog, I am always excited whn I see a comment from you!
Beth, thank you very much for your visit and sweet comment. I appreciate it so much.
Your post today touched my heart so very much. There are so many lovely people who can't have children so how can we condone abortion. A child is a small miracle and deserves to have a life. Adoption is the way to happiness for so many. Thank you for a wonderful tribute to Moms who make the choice for adoption instead of abortion. Thanks for making a stand.
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi Beth, Great post and so eloquently said. Don't apologize for taking a stand, when it is certainly for the right thing...life. I volunteer one day a week at our local christian crisis center. Today, we had a lady call in, and I could tell from the one side of the conversation that I overheard from our director, that the client was abortion prone. I immediately began to pray. We do NOT make referrels for abortion clinics, rather try to encourage the other options, and offer guidance through classes and free "baby gear." The lady stated that she had made up her mind, but still I prayed in silence! An hour earlier, I held a precious, precious 6 month old baby boy, as his dad was meeting with one of our counselor, seeking aid. A dad that was raising this 6 month old child on his own. Good example, that a baby can be loved, even if not by the mother, and so deserves the chance to live!
Thanks for your post! ~hugs, Rhonda
Beth,
Once again I am in awe at your eloquence in writing. I actually read this this morning before I left for seminary. It makes me so sad that we would take so lightly human life. You have been by my blog so you know how I feel about precious little ones! I fear for us as we move forward in this direction as a nation. Thank you for sharing this. I totally agree with you!
hugs
tricia
Thank you so much for this wonderful post on such an important suject.
Thanks also for stopping by my Spiritual Sundays post and commenting on it...much appreciated!
~Jean
Beth, we are kindred sisters! I also have a miracle baby who was born at 24 weeks and weighed only one pound, three ounces and in NICU for six months! My thoughts echo your thoughts! I had those same thoughts when I was delivering her 21 years ago! Today, she is a beautiful young girl who has so much to give to the world and is such a joy and a miracle to our family! We are all striving to become more like her! I don't understand how anyone cound give no meaning to life and especially their own child! It brings tears to my eyes when I think about these poor little babies! Thanks for your post and reminding us how fragile life is and how precious these little ones are, and how blessed we are to have them, they are a gift! I thank the dear lord everyday for my little miracle! She has been the teacher, I have been the student!
Beth, that's a very touching story about your son. I have a great niece who is the granddaughter of my oldest sister who is 19 years older than I am. My great niece could so easily have been an abortion, but my niece married the father of the baby and had her. We are so blessed to have this precious one in our family, and she is such a joy, sweet, and as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside. Every time I look at her, I think so blessed that my niece made the right choice.
I've had friends who have had abortions, and I've had friends who fight abortions. No matter how you slice it, it's human life... not just an embryo, but a life. For that matter, I was the child of a mother who was at risk as an older mother. So I might not be here... or any of us for that matter.
My cousins have also worked with unwed mothers, and I admire what all of you do to help.
XO,
Sheila
What a beautiful post.. I hope more read and take it to heart. Thanks for the visit darling.. Your kind words touched my heart. Have a super evening. hugs ~lynne~
AMEN SISTER AMEN!!! I knew about this bill when Obama was pushing it through in Illinois I was offended then and offended now. How can any sane human being think it's ok to allow a baby born alive to be left to die a slow death. How can that be anything but murder!!! Coming from a would-be Grandma who can't-be... because her son cannot have kids of his own. I know first hand how much they ACHE for a child. To think women throw them away is such a slap in the face to those who want nothing more than to be parents. Thanks for standing up!
Grrr I couldn't get the "fight FOCA" link to work....is it working for everyone else?
Such an important topic and one that affects so many in one way or another. Thanks for posting about it.
I'm offended that our government would even for one second consider the FOCA. I'm offended that Obama has gone on record that abortions are a priority. I'm offended that Pelosi said yesterday that funding abortions actually stimulates the economy and it is included in the latest stimulus package. I'm not offended at all at your post. Thank you.
This is a beautiful post... lets fight this thing!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Post a Comment