Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun



Halloween brought us perfect weather with record breaking temps of a balmy 72 degrees!
We visited Grandpa at the Senior Living Center for their Halloween party and the kids got a HUGE head start on their ‘Trick or Treating’!!! They enjoyed a darling parade of the very young with the ‘quite a bit older residents all dressed up parading together:)
The residents loved the children and practically filled their Trick or treat containers full of treats!

Grandpa was thrilled to have 8 of his great grandchildren come to the party along with their moms who
are his granddaughters. My son in law also came to join the fun.

It was so good to spend the time with Grandpa who will celebrate his 86th birthday in just a week!

Our Beautiful Snow Princess and the Handsome Vampire enjoyed the fun games
and our proud three year old Peter pan won the BIG PRIZE of the party!!!!!
A huge vase of Sun Flowers for his mommy...

Our little one enjoyed her Great Grandpa but was indecisive whether she would go to him!
Trick or Treating with these cute characters kept their Papa and daddy on the run...
They couldn't go fast enough to get their share.
Some kind person gave our Vampire another sack as his container filled up way too fast:)
Papa with our little one
and the rest of us all enjoyed a Halloween dinner of
Yummy Chili and Big BONE shaped bread sticks .
Hope your Holiday was as priceless as ours!

10 comments:

Da Bergs said...

I love that cute grandpa got so many grandkids visiting him!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful costumes! It looks like everyone had a marvellous time.

I have an award for you on my blog.

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
Those are great picutres. Looks like you all had a blast!
Diane

Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful way to spend a Halloween Day. The kids are dressed so adorably. How forunate they are to have time with a great-grandparent. So many kids have to miss out on that experience. It looks like the retirement home he stays in keeps a pretty active calender for their residents. That is such a blessing for both your FIL and you guys. I'm glad you all got to share in the day. It looks so fun! :)
Have a great week,
Jen

Brenda Pruitt said...

Grandpa has a wonderful head of silver hair. Looks sort of like a movie star. I bet that made his whole week to have all of you sharing it with him.
Brenda

Val said...

So cute! I love your blog and I will be back to visit.

Picket said...

Oh how precious and what a blessing for you to have Grandpa there to share all the memories...I love that....thanks for coming by sweetie...I hope you have a beautiful week!

nikkicrumpet said...

Such a special day for Grandpa! He looks like he was really enjoying the visit...and looks like those adorable kids made out like bandits!

Elizabeth said...

Aw, what fun! Isn't wonderful when the generations get together?

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am glad to hear that your Sabbath has been good. I am hoping that Niki is doing alright. I am grateful that her testimony was a strength for so many people.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Nanette Merrill said...

You have a very lovely family. What a blessing.