Sunday, November 2, 2008

Autumn Beauty & ALOHA!


In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought and care and toil. Rose G. Kingsley, The Autumn Garden, 1905 I am loving the color and the beauty this fall and I am in awe of it's splendor.
This is my view from my desk as I watched my sweet husband work for several hours
filling three garbage cans full of beautiful leaves
and fertilizing our yard to get it ready for winter. Notice how clean our neighbors yards are.
Well ours become that way too.
Then, this is what it looked like from my window this morning!!!!
There will be lots more to clean up when he returns.
Because right now he is enjoying the soft breeze and sand on the sunny beach of Waikiki, HAWAII!!!!
He is working of course:) This week he will be flying to Maui, Kauai and then the Big Island before returning home.
DANG! I want to be there with him! It is one of my top five most beautiful places to vacation.

9 comments:

Da Bergs said...

Hawaii? Oh, I wish!!!
I love that morning pic...!!!

Picket said...

Beautiful views from your window girl!!!! Lucky Hubby...tell him he better bring you back a treasure and you don't mean a T-Shirt either! lol Hope you have a beautiful day!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Hawaii!!! You should have shoved yourself in his suitcase!!! And I love the veiw you have!! Have a great day!!~Wendy

nikkicrumpet said...

I can't believe you let him go there without you! Although you have a really pretty view...it sure ain't sandy beaches and blue water! I've never been to Hawaii but someday...someday...

Brenda Pruitt said...

I never travel far from my gardens. I like it that way. I've raked up sack after sack of fall leaves. Only to be inundated with them within hours. A thankless task...
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hawaii, beautiful fall, clean yards...you have the ingredients of a perfect post!
Our fall has been rather dry, but the leaves are at their peak now out on the mountains. The colors of your fall are just beautiful. Isn't it funny how different parts of our country demostrate the seasons with so much variety?! We don't have many trees in our yard, but we are cleaning up from an invasion of Cub Scouts over the weekend.
I hate that you couldn't travel with your hubby, but maybe he'll bring you back something special.
Have a great week,
Jen

Cottage Rose said...

Wow Hawaii!! I nice for your hubby, hope he brings you back a great pretty. I love the photos of your yard such beautiful colors of the leaves.
Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Ms. Tee said...

Your front yard is just beautiful! I'm in awe of this season as well - it's always been my favorite.
My cousins just got back from Hawaii and they loved it. And also, thank you for your sweet comments. :)

A New England Life said...

My gosh your house is bringing the value down of the other homes in the neighborhood. Clean up those leaves, will ya??? LOL!

What a beautiful tree! And the leaves are beautiful too. I can never understand the obsession with picking up the leaves asap. My husband wouldn't be caught dead with leaves filling up our yard either. *sigh*