Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spray Paint goes Classy


Trash to Treasure Tuesday Party
I'd like to share a post I did earlier. Visit her blog and go see the other creative entries! This will be an fun event she is planning to host each Tuesday, so save your treasures and share them with us.



I finished a PLASTIC spray painting project for my craft room and it turned out great. Who knew you could spray paint plastic drawers and get a classy look. I think I am developing a new friendship with spray paint all just because of you, my creative blogging friends. I bought this cart at Costco several years ago. It has been handy to organize scrapbooking and arts supplies in. I didn't care for all the different colors and wanted a more conservative look.
So, I used Valspar Spray black paint for plastic and it worked great!






An after another quick run to the store for a second can


and we had a new look, to our cart of many colors.

20 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

Wow, I had no idea you could spray paint plastic either. Love the black!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Oooo! I like the sleek sophistication of the black drawers much better than the rainbow! Nice! Thanks SO MUCH for the great comment you left. It is so timely! I have scaled back to being the on-call sub for early morning Seminary now in order to accept the calling of Gospel Doctrine teacher in our ward and next week I'm pinch-hitting all week. Your comment was inspired!!!!!

Cindy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, isn't that classy-looking now! Who'd have thought? It looks fantastic. Brenda

nikkicrumpet said...

Wow that totally changed the whole look! Spray paint is our friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of being able to spray plastic and customise. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Beth! It has a classy look to it.
I am addicted to spray paint these days. In fact I have been grounded from Lowes and Home Depot indefinitely because without a doubt I will come home with a new color for a project to paint if I go.
Great project!
Jen

Pattie D said...

Beth,
I love it, what a great idea...you have my wheels moving in my head...
Thanks for the cute seminary proverb...LOL! I have been teaching 4 years never heard it...will definately be passing that on...Have a great weekend
hugs
tricia

A New England Life said...

You crafty lady you! Not sure I would have ever though of doing something like that. The drawers came out really nice though. Sounds like you are pleased : )

Wish I had a craft room!

Anonymous said...

looks good, I would have knew thought of doing that.

Amy Jo said...

I've never tried the spray paint for plastics, but I'm sure eventually I will! I'm glad to hear it worked out well for you. Although I liked the different colored drawers, I"m sure the black is classier and will blend into different color schemes easier.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow, what a nice new look! I would never have thought spray paint would cover plastic so well. It's nice to be able to coordinate things in drwers like that.

I'm enjoying Trash To Treasure too!
Hugs, Pat

Missy Wertz said...

and it is so classy looking now! Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I found out about plastic spray paint when the shutters had to be painted on our cabin. They turned out awesome and still look great after a year. I didn't have to prep them at all. Wonderful stuff. Your cart look so much classier. Good job.

Hugs...Jeanne

nikkicrumpet said...

It's adorable the second time around too!!! Have a marvelous day. It may be the last one we get for years heheheh

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
Thanks so much for playing along and linking to my blog!

I love how you redid the cart. I know it is handy and holds lots of stuff!
diane

Darlene said...

That turned out GREAT,....I LOVE that trash to treasure!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I remember this project! What a difference paint can make.
Brenda

Elizabeth said...

Beth, you did a great job! I can't believe how good it looks.

Do you think it would work out if I spray painted a small "coffee" table? I hate brush painting, but I will do it if I have to...:)

Did you hear how Steve Young and his wife have tons of "NO on Prop 8" signs in their house and yard? Wow. That really surprises me.

Elizabeth

bj said...

ahhh, girl...this looks absolutely fabulous!! Great job!

Free Art Printables said...

was peeking around you blog and I must have missed this project! It looks great! It looks brand new!