I liked it because it looks so vintage and charming. It also looks like it was hand painted.
With a spring bouquet of flowers from the Dollar Tree, I now have a sweet addition to our Easter decor.
For more treasures, please visit our wonderful hostess Diane, at Pictures Are Worth a Thousand Words for 2nd Time Around Tuesdays. Thank you Diane for taking the time to do this each week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Saline Snort
I have had so many wonderful friends stop by to wish me well. I got a comment from a new friend in Ohio, Sister Robbins who shared some valuable information and a recipe to help those suffering with sinus problems this time of year. They have cut down on a lot of sinus infections by using this formula. Hopefully, it will help with those with the dreaded 'Hay Fever'!
~
I am passing it on to you! Are you ready? It is called the:
THE SALINE SNORT!
Yes, it is as terrible as it sounds. It goes like this:
1/4 tsp. Salt,
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda,
mix with 1 cup warm water,
Over the sink pour enough of the mixture to fill your cupped hand, and while plugging one nostril sniff it all up the other one.
~
Now comes the poem:
Snort, Snort,
Sputter, Sputter,
Cough, Choke, Spit.
You'll find that it goes pretty much like the poem.
WARNING:Do not used alternative beverages. (One missionary filmed himself using milk) AAAHHHH! I can't imagine a better way to grow some more bacteria. LOL.
Sometimes I just don't know!
Hopefully now you've had a laugh for the day. Hope you're better soon.
Love,
Alicia
Thanks Alicia!
Love, Beth
23 comments:
That's such a sweet little piece for a sweet price, Beth! Love it with the cute cut flowers! You did great! It does look hand-painted.
Happy 2nd Time Tuesday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
CUTE! And a great deal :) ♥ Hugs ♥
Thanks for advertising my bags for me, you are awesome! I hope you are feeling better! I love your little bunny watering can!
Stay warm! hugs to you!
Your blog is always full of good fun and good cheer! I always enjoy visiting!
Thanks! :)
Absolutely ADORABLE Beth! I love it. What a wonderful find!
Hi Beth...What a cute little treasure you found & the price was almost like a giveaway! Love it!
Regarding your Saline Snort... My husband has been troubled with sinus problems all of his life and after hearing about the Neti Pot, he bought one & uses it daily to do exactly what you described...He only uses sea salt...no baking soda. He says it makes a huge difference. They sell them at Wal-Mart if anyone is interested. Hope you are much better today...
;-) Bo
Dear Beth,
You crack me up! An oh, I love your little bunny watering can. He is so sweet. I am always drawn to things like that myself.
My daughter tried to tell me once that "you can't decorate with animals" and then tried to drive me crazy by continually turning them all around so their backsides were showing.
She woul sing a different song if she could see your cute things.
Have a Lovely Day~
Alicia
p.s. Who knows how many sinus' may be saved.lol
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick. I've heard that doctors are saying that the flu and cold bug are going around strong still. Hope you get feeling better. I love your easter find, the colors in it are so pretty. I'll have to tell my mom about the Saline Snort, she's dealing with a sinus infection right know. Well, someday if your going through my neighborhood or vice versa we really should meet up for lunch, I may have to bring alittle one but it would be fun to meet you!
Love the vintage piece!
Very cute and perfect for Easter!...Christine
The watering can is delightful!
The vintage piece is very pretty!
I grew up with using salt and water to clear my nose. My mom never, ever bought nasal spray...thought it was a bad thing and I think she was right....
Happy day, bj
I vote for the saline in the bottle! LOL! Love your thrift store find. It looks even better w/ those flowers!
Hi, I see you are taking in any solution for your sinus problems. Dr. Oz recommends the neti pot and I have heard great things from others about it too. It might be worth a shot! Where were you shopping for the Easter bunny? Good luck with recovery!
That little watering can vase looks so pretty with the flowers and what a deal!
Manuela
Yeah, well I can imagine Elders doing almost anything!!!!:-) LOL. I am priinting off this formula...My mom has a very bad time with her sinuses. Thank you much!! I got a kick out of the poem. Love your second time around this week. Are you feeling up to par yet? Sending more hugs. ♥
Hey Beth! What a darling little bunnie watering can. It looks so pretty with those flowers.
A doctor years ago gave me this recipe for the saline...it's a life saver. Hope your feeling better!!
What a good idea. Love the watering can. It looks like a florist brought it to you on that table.
Love your little watering can and the price is right!
thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around!
Beth I love your little watering can--great find! It does look vintage and hand painted.
It's so adorable! The bunny sitting on it is a lovely added touch. Of course, your colorful flowers makes it perfect! :-)
The water can is beautiful and the bunny sitting on it is such a sweet touch! Of course, your colorful flowers is what makes it perfect! :-)
LOL....The snort shuffle :)
or
SNORT SNIFF Hockey Pokey...
I am passing this on to my Hubby who, sadly is plagued with sinus...
LOVE the little bargain bunny :)
ewe ewe, no no no on the saline snort!
Post a Comment