
"Lucky Lime Pie"

Low-fat and low~cal version! :)Ingredients:
1 3 oz package sugar free lime flavored Jell-O
½ cup boiling water
½ cup cold water
½ cup fresh lime juice (2-3 fresh limes)
1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
1 can (14 oz) fat-free sweetened cond. milk (not evaporated)
1 package (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 cup whipping cream ( or Fat free or Lite Cool Whip)
1 9-inch graham cracker crust*
Method:
Dissolve Jell-O in ½ cup boiling water; stir until sugar is completely dissolved in Jell-O. Add ½ cup cold water to Jell-O, then remove 3/4 cup and set aside. Stir lime juice and zest into remaining Jell-O and set aside to cool and thicken, but do not allow it to set.
Pour the 3/4 cup reserved Jell-O into a flat, non-stick 9-inch cake pan, cover and refrigerate. This Jell-O may be used as a garnish later to cut little shamrocks out.
Beat softened cream cheese until smooth; add sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) and stir to blend.
Whip cream until stiff peaks form. I am using fat free Cool Whip
Beat together cream cheese mixture and Jell-lime-juice-zest mixture (product should be thick and light - but not setup).
Gently fold in whipped cream; spoon filling into prepared graham cracker crust. Refrigerate until set (2-3 hours).
Cut and enjoy!
To garnish: For kids use a small cookie cutter to cut shamrock or other fun shapes from set Jell-o (jigglers) and carefully place shapes on each slice of pie.
Or for our favorite, I like to pile whipped cream high on top and add curls of lime zest or thin slices of lime.
(Disclaimer: Today was a day I needed to run faster than I could...and then I couldn't. We are leaving to go out of state for our niece's wedding and found out my mom is ill and need to leave earlier than planned... So this is truly the pie I was going to make for all of you today and now I am looking forward to making it for Tuesday:) I borrowed these pictures from google images.)

This delicious 'Lucky Lime Pie' is to bring the "Luck of the Irish to all On St Patricks day!"
Happy Early St Patrick's Day!
You can make cute shamrocks by using a heart shaped rubber stamp and green ink to stamp a shamrock on most anything and then draw the stem!
28 comments:
You have to love the low-fat version! It looks wonderful! :)
It's my sons birthday that day and he doesn't like cake. thanks.
I was wanting a green desert for Sunday dinner and I think I found it. Thanks for the recipe. We'll be praying for you mom. Hope all goes well. Mimi
Beth,
The pie looks yummy and I truly appreciate the low fat ingredients! And I too will pile on the whipped cream!
Thanks so much for this recipe!
xoxo
Jane
Thanks for the sweet comment. It is great to know that my words touched you somehow. I truly believe every word I typed about being a true friend! Hope you have a lovely day (or night, whatever the case myay be)... Nice to have made a new friend in the blog world!
That looks really good Auntie! I am going to try to come up with something really delicious for my St Patrick's day as well. Low fat anything is good in my books!
Hi Beth...I hope your mom is better by the time you read this! I had a Weight Watchers Yogurt Pie on today...your version sounds divine! I'm going to try it! ;-) Bo
Looks yammy.
Alfazema
I just LOVE pies like that and it looks and sounds delicious!
The shamrocks made with hearts are so cute and easy...duh...I would have never thought of that!
I hope your mom feels beter soon. Thanks so much for this recipe! I'm always looking for tastey low-fat dessert recipies (and they're not easy to find). I'll add this one to my collection.
Manuela
This sounds fabulous Beth!
Safe travels. Hope your mother is feeling better soon!
Oh, Beth! That looks delicious! And I love what you did with the shamrocks! Very clever and worth "borrowing." :-)
Hope you have a wonderful Foodie Friday and a Happy St. Paddy's!
Love to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
YUM!! Thanks for sharing :)
Huh, I'd never thought of key lime pie before for St. Patty's! Great idea! Looks scrumptious.
Hi Beth,
Thanks for posting this low cal version! I'm always looking for something low cal!
Hope your mom gets better soon. And that the wedding is wonderful!
Love the Pie!!! thank you
The pie looks great! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Hey, Brandon received his mission call yesterday! He is going to Richmond, virginia! When you posted your pictures from Virginia, I thought how cool it would be, if he was sent to Virginia! WOW!
We are all so excited! You can see more details on my blog!
Have a great day!
Wow! these look good! Why didn't I think of a shamrock stamp?? Great idea for making St Paddy's day accessories!! Thanks!...Debbie
That looks SO nummy! Keep the low cal recipes coming! I looked at my vacation photos and um... a diet is surely coming fast LOL! Love ya!!
YUM....Key Lime Pie is one of my most favorite things...that tarter the better. I wish I had a pig ole slice of it right now!
Yummmmmmm, I am going to make that for St. Patrick's Day! So tasty! Thanks for the recipe!
XOXO
Jen
I love key lime pie... this looks like just the thing.
Thanks for the delightful recipe. I can't wait to try it out on my family. I have been in a lime mood lately!!
I hope your mom is feeling better by now. How scary! Let us know when you can.
The dessert sounds delicious! I'm trying to decide if my family would eat it. They're an unpredictable lot! lol!
Well, we all know I'm not a cook. Today we ate at Luby's. That's where I usually eat my pie! And to think when my kids were younger, I would whip up meringue and all kinds of good stuff!
Brenda
Oh my, this sounds sooo scrumptious! And lowfat to beat all! I will definitely give it a try.
I love the idea for making shamrocks. Super easy and too cute!
I hope your mom is better soon. I'll keep her I(and you as well) in my prayers. Have a safe trip.
Hugs,
Jen
Low cal is good right now!Love the shamrock stamp idea. ♥
Okay, I was comtemplating a late-night snack but your blog done decided it for me.
No key lime pie here alas, but perhaps a, umn, a... carrot!
Post a Comment