Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Short Pump Mall, take me Away!

Monday, we received another spring storm:)

That night the wind started to swirl the snow and it looked like a blizzard.

Yes, this is the same part of the yard the picture in the header was taken.

I went to the front porch to s see how much snow was accumulating there.
I really want to put out our Easter decor. And the Christmas lights are still up... though rarely on!:-)

Oh, I am longing for our beautiful Spring and the winter storms to be over.....

So...


I decided instead of Calgon to take me away...
...I would share and reminisce a fun shopping spree at one of my favorite out door malls in Virginia...

The Short Pump Mall. Where it is so peaceful...



The gardens are kept impeccably...



The birds were singing...


and shoppers strolling....
The air was warm and perfumed with gorgeous blossoms.
We of course we had to shop at one of my favorite stores...

Ahh... but those pictures are indoor shots!
I hope you enjoyed this little tour, of the Short Pump Mall, In Richmond Virginia!
Anyone want to go shopping with me? Well, Let's go! I am truly looking forward to another trip back to one of my favorite malls soon:-)
A sincere thank you to Susan at a Southern Daydreamer for once again hosting Outdoor Wednesday!

I hope you are keeping your week 'Golden Delicious?'

26 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I like both the snow and the sun pictures!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, I'm sorry you are still having snow! It is certainlly beautiful, though. I wish I could send you some of our sunshine. It's already warm, and I prefer it to be a little cooler.

That mall in Virginia is lovely. Sure I'll go shopping with you. You just said my favorite four letter word next to sale! ;-)

Happy Outdoor Wednesday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, I wish you lived closer! I'll go shopping any time and our weather warmed up to 64ยบ today. Our outdoor malls are in bloom and you would love it. I'm sending warm, blossom filled thoughts your way!

Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Tealady said...

Hi Beth,

Your snow is beautiful, but I'm sure enough is enough. Springtime will be here before you know it. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

All the best, Lana

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Beth! Looks like a Winter Wonderland... beautiful! And the mall is nicely maintained too! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Brenda said...

WOW, I can't believe all the snow you are getting! I love the tour of Virginia! Thanks!
Have a great Wednesday!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, you know what? I just took my red ornaments off the holly trees in the courtyard last week. Just in time before the bees came buzzing in. That would have been a bad scene if I'd waited!
Brenda

david mcmahon said...

Your snowstorms are so different from our early-autumn heat. Yes, it's autumn here in Australia!

Blondie's Journal said...

Beth,

We all seem to be having our fair share of bad weather. Although all of our snow has melted, yesterday it was 60 degrees and today it is 20. Go figure!

I love this mall, it is just like one big garden with stores! I love the ivy, one of my favorite plants. It covers my house. And I adore the trimmed hedges, so English style!

Thanks for lifting my spirits with a warm weather shopping trip!

xoxo
Janie

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

You bet. I'm up for a shopping trip! What a beautiful mall! I bet it's nice to go relax and shop there. WOW! you are getting everybodies snow huh. I'm way ready from spring and we haven't had near the snow you have. We should all try for sweet dreams of spring and short pump mall! ♥

Picket said...

Beautiful snow pics girl...but I'll take the outside mall anyday! lol Hopefully the sun will shine and melt it all away for you..Spring is just around the corner!

Elizabeth said...

Awesome! I've only been right downtown to the old quarter. I'll have to check out this mall, perhaps when I drive through there this summer.

Hey, I fasted today and feel at peace. All should be well. I just like window shopping online...It raises my spirits and it doesn't take much energy! :)

Have a great evening - Elizabeth

Mimi Sue said...

That mall reminds me of an outdoor mall in Santa Barbara, CA. The plants are gorgeous and they have these little meandering walkways of brick or stone. It's so beautiful there. Your pillow is gorgeous. Looks like you'll have to add a few grandchildren on very soon. You lucky girl. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Oh it'll come - the warm days where flowers start to blossom :-) But look at the snow! Your family mus be cuddled up near the fireplace.

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful snow pics and fabulous mall!! I wish we had malls like that where I live!! It looks fantastic! Can you believe I have never been to a Crate and Barrel???

P. said...

Here we are having some hot days.

Alfazema

Darlene said...

BRRRRR all that snow....I am wishing Spring would get here too and we don't even have all that!

That mall looks FABULOUS and I would LOVE to go with you....if only I lived a little closer!!!

Pancake said...

Sure, I would LOVE to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Beth, I didn't get to visit much yesterday and I am trying to catch up. Your snow is unreal. We too can have a late winter storm and usually do. Yours was a dewsey. Laughing! I can't spell either) I also loved your comment about the wine bottle display. I so agree with you. LOL.

I want to go shopping in your beautiful mall. In our small town we have very little shopping. I do save money looking at the bright side. Smile.

Have a happy day.

Hugs...Jeamne

Jen said...

Wahoo! Virginia! I love Virginia and the east coast! It's so beautiful back there! Wasn't that snow dumping brutal? Brrrr

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

You poor thing! All that snow when you want spring. I'll send you some warm and sunny thoughts. Can you feel them coming your way?

Hugs,
Cindy

Elizabeth said...

Stop by and see what you think about post and link re: the church.

I felt I couldn't let this pass.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Wow what a storm! Here I've been taking out a couple of trees this evening until the light faded as Spring is now here most days.

What a pretty fountain on your shopping trip in the sunshine. I hope you get Spring soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow more snow?!!!

We are blooming in Southern California...sinus issues are going crazy!Still cool...well the low 60's
I am such a wimp!lol

Love your outdoor mall...looks like a fun day ;-)

Thanks for stopping by;-)

Blessings,
KayEllen

Femin Susan said...

Wow, those are such gorgeous shots!
Cheers and best wishes.

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm completely with you on this spring thing. I'm so tired of snow I could cry! A day full of sunshine and shopping would be a beautiful thing.