Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy 2nd around Tuesday with a Pillow Parade Theme:-)

Kari and Kijsa are hosting a wonderful pillow-themed day.


I adore pillows. My husband has accused me of being a ‘Pillow~ a~ holic!’
It can change daily ... Today I have only 10 pillows on our bed:) It is really time to change the winter colored pillows out for spring ones. Though it is hard to do when there is still a solid white a blanket of snow outside my window.
This is a bed in our home I have been trying to find the right pillows for... It is not quite there yet... I am thinking about going to the cool aqua tones for the warmer months.



Hopefully I will gather wonderful and fabulous ideas from all of you!

In order to simplify our lives and closets, I have been sending some of my pillow friends to a local thrift store... (Inside joke: Maybe, my daughter will think she found a great find and buy them!:-)


Pillows are a wonderful way to add color and atmosphere to a room. Like the fun personalized pillow of our precious All Stars and Sweethearts below shows, they can also stir great memories of love!

It's large size creates a 'LOVE pillows I can hug when I get lonesome and miss our six little ones who live in different states.

This was a gift at Christmas from our son, Scott's family. They had a lady in Palm Springs, California make it for us.
Two weeks ago our little one who is 12 month old

was toddling and babbling away, talking to all her cousins on the pillow while the rest of us enjoyed dinner. It was so darn cute!


This is our Easter bunny accent pillow I found at a thrift store years ago and then made an spring outfit for her to wear.

So many of our pillows have been bought during a clearance sale or at a thrift store and refashioned.

Thanks again to my friend
Diane for faithfully hosting 2nd time around Tuesdays! She gives us a wonderful place to show off our great finds and keepsakes given to us from others.
A special Thanks to
Kari and Kijsa for hosting such fun Pillow Party Parade. These sisters have been so inspiring with all their incredible and sometimes even simple decorating ideas which makes such a difference in a home!


Now you too can check out both of their their sites along with other amazing ideas as the Pillow Parade continues ...and viewing great thrift finds!!!


Enjoy a Simply Golden Delicious Day!
Beth

37 comments:

Missy Wertz said...

The first one is stunning. But my favorite is the second one. :-D

Free Art Printables said...

Beth, I love your pillows. Esp. the red and cream combo! Jen

Jan said...

That is the cutest pillow. I love the meaning and thought and all the cute family. I really like their blog too. They are always so upbeat and positive.

Jen said...

I swear you are a clone of Martha Stewart! You have such an amazing ability to put things together and make them shine! I love the grandbabies pillow! Cute idea.

Pancake said...

I loved the grandbabies pillows!


Ok so seriously there are spring AND winter pillows?? cant I get all season like tires????

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I just love the grandchildren pillow. That is just precious beyond words!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those kids are so sweet! The boy kissing the baby is precious.
Brenda

Stacey said...

Your family pillow is so sweet! I like the bunny too. :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Beth,

I love all of your pillows and the one with your grandchildren is adorable as well as clever.

I agree, switching around pillows is the easiest way to spiff up a room. I so wish I had some sewing skills~I'd have pillows everywhere!!

By the way~I've noticed aqua is the very "in" color of late. Maybe you can get a deal, or maybe it will be a turn in the other direction...

Love this pillow Parade! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Love the embroidered pillow with tassels! Just lovely!

Bo said...

If that grandbabies pillow isn't the sweetest thing, I don't know what is...simply adorable! ;-) Bo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Well, you know I love them all, Beth! But that grandbaby pillow is just the bee's knees! How cute! And the bunny you dressed. Your bed pillow is lovely with its emobroidery and tassels. Loved them all.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Alicia Robbins said...

Dear Beth,
I have been following your blog for about a week and really enjoying your entries, but none more than now. I bow to your superior pillowness!!! I only have 6 on our bed. My husband just cracked up when I read your entry to him. He was sure no one had more than me.
~Hugs~
Alicia
babyrobbinsnest.blogspot.com

The blog of MBW said...

Thank you for the nice comment. I really appreciate it. :-)

I like the grandbabies pillow, real cute.

Darlene said...

Your pillows are beautiful but the one with the grandbabies is just priceless!!!!! ♥

imjacobsmom said...

That family pillow is the cutest idea! ~ Robyn

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

I LOVE the little people pillow. That is so precious...and what a wonderful gift for a Grandma and Granddad

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am so in love with that first pillow. It would look perfect in my bedroom chair. You better keep your eye on me if I am ever around.

And, the grandbabies pillow warms my heart. What a blessing!!!

Ashley ~ said...

Your pillows are beautiful, but I'm still gushing over that gorgeous lawn in the picture at the top. Oh my gosh.....looks like golf course grass*! I love you blog*!

Tardevil said...

They are all so cute! Love the cream pillow too. I have to confess, I'm also a pillow addict.

Unknown said...

Hi Beth,
I love your collection of pillows!

Thanks so much for linking to 2nd Time Around!

kari and kijsa said...

There are so many beautiful ones!! Love the grandbabies one!! Thanks for joining in today!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Ms. Tee said...

Awww, I love the family pillow with all of your grandchildren! That is so sweet! :)

Sweetina said...

I love all your pillows, but my fav is that one your wonderful son Scott made with all the Grandchildren on it! How precious!
Your littlest Grandbaby is such a doll with those two bottom teeth~
delightful post!
Thank you also for popping by my pillow post!
Tina

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Neat pillows! The grands pillow is darling!

Katherine

nikkicrumpet said...

The first pillow is really pretty. But I don't think I've ever seen anything cuter than the grandkid pillow. What a wonderful gift!

RobinfromCA said...

The pillow with the tassels is beautiful but the grand babies pillow is the best! What a treasure!

Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Anonymous said...

What a very special pillow to have your grandchildren on it!. Great idea.
Red and cream are so warming and Christmassy especially with gold. :-)Your cool aquas would reflect the weather at the moment for you.

I have 4 pillows waiting for covers at the moment on my "To Do List". :-) Prom dress 1st though.

Annette Lyon said...

I love pillows too. My bed really needs new ones.

Thanks for dropping by! The tour thing is in reference to some bloggers who are posting about the book on their blogs over the next few weeks--my "blog book tour."

Have a great day!

trish said...

What a cute term ... "pillow-a-holic"! :o) Your grandbabies pillow is precious!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

~Niki~ said...

Hi Beth :)
Love the pictures you post! Your grandbabies are adorable! You have a beautiful family. I'm so thankful to have a great blog friend like u :) HUGS!
niki

Anonymous said...

Oh I love pillows as well! I do adore your pillow with the grandbabies on it it. That is just too cute.
I had an absolutely delightful treat waiting on me when I picked up our mail today. I'll share it on my blog Friday! THANK YOU!! It made my week!
Hugs,
Jennifer

Elizabeth said...

I love that pillow of your grandchildren. It's absolutely precious and one of a kind!

Beth, will you pray for our family today. We are all fasting that the investment funds for my husband's company will come through. It is in foreign banks and there has been a lot of red tape involved. These are hard economic times!

Have a great day!
Elizabeth

Pancake said...

Beth, What a GREAT little trick you played!!! I SO love it! Borrow any sign you want!!

BlueCastle said...

Oh, I love your grandbaby pillow! That's really cute. Pillows are so wonderful. And addicting. :)

Trina said...

I love the grand baby pillow! When K&J start having babies they'll have to have another one made.

honeysuckle said...

Your grandchildren pillow is adorable and so original:) Every time I read your post I am amazed at what an awesome person you are! Happy day to you!!