Monday, March 16, 2009

MAKIN FRIEND'S MONDAYS!


I am thinking about alternating with Makin Friends Monday and doing the Simple Day Woman’s journal. This way I will be able to record some of life's tidbits I might not share in my journal.
This is a fun little Question and Answer game. Once you read my answers, it is your turn...Tag! you're it! Here are the questions and answers for this week:

What is your blogger name? Beth at Aunties


When is your birthday? March 31

How long have you been blogging? Since June of 2008

Who tagged you? Honeysuckle at Quincy Cottage.

Tell me your five most favorite body parts. Well.....It have to be the sensory gifts I enjoy:) Probably because my fives senses are still in great shape! :-). I love the ability to touch, giving back and leg rubs to my grand children. They love it! I am a touch person.

What do you wish most for your birthday? To spend a day of quality time with my husband and family.

What color are you nails right now? They have a French Manicure and are acrylic. My toes are painted pink.

Have you had any depressing thoughts lately? Sometimes....but I make them quickly go away. I am optimistic by nature.

What’s your plan for the next month? Enjoying some sunshine and spring weather!!! Celebrating a lot of birthdays, doing a service project for a charity, helping to host Coach Whittingham (coach of the undefeated Utes) at a fireside, Easter celebrations and travel are in the plans. It looks like a promising month!

At what age did you have your first crush? I was born having crushes on guys... Probably the first SERIOUS one was in the 3rd grade. I chased him all recess to kiss him;)


Have you attended any school reunions? I haven’t attended my own... I have attended my husbands who was a senior at the same high school when I was a sophomore. . . . I had many friends in his class.

Are you a clean freak? I used to be more a lot than I am now. I do love a clean home... and have a house keeper come in several times a month. I do take Clorox wipes with me while traveling... I have watched too many germ shows on TV!

What era do you wish you were born in? I love the modern conveniences we have now with modern medicine. I am perfectly happy being a baby boomer.

Are you a vegetarian? I couldn’t be. I enjoy my vegetables, but I also enjoy a good variety of dairy and meat also!

How many pillows do you sleep with at night? Three when at home.:) I really am a pillow lady!

Are you a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? I am light sleeper when I first go to bed and become a deep sleeper when it is time to get up!

Do you secretly wear granny panties when your man is not around? nope...

What is your ultimate dream job? I actually had my own Romance Business called 'Romantic Notions':-)!!!!! It was way fun. I would love to do it again! I made beautiful baskets full of fun romance for boutiques and special occasions. I even had something copyrighted, which I invented for the gifts!..;-)

What is your dream car? Unlike the men in our family... I do not have a dream car. I just like a comfortable and dependable car with leather seats, air conditioning and all the gadgets to add to our COMFORT and safety!:-)

Do you wake up easily in the morning? I have a built in alarm clock much later than my husbands. I do get up early if I have important places to go. I am a night owl.


Do you like hairy men? I like mine clean shaven:-)!!!

Which would you prefer: a two-hour spa massage, a two-hour Thai massage, or a two-hour foot massage? At a spa I would choose a soothing (not deep) back massage along with a relaxing facial.


Have you ever wished you had a different name? Yes! My mom named three of my sisters with the same initial...I always felt left out... My fourth sister was adopted and she came with a beautiful name.

Have you ever passed gas in public and pretended like you didn’t smell anything? Hmm... are you seriously asking this? I will just say I was glad I was holding my baby grandson Saturday at a wedding lunch!

What is the most extreme sport you have ever done? I am not very athletic but love to have fun. I have tried a lot of different sports. I enjoyed snow skiing. Walking is my speed right now!:-)

Do you prefer traveling in Europe or Asia? Both! I have always wanted to travel to Europe see all the beloved places my husband fell in love with when he lived in France and then to beautiful Italy where one of our sons lived for several years.

Yet, I would also have to say Asia because we were preparing live in Hong Kong just 18 months ago. We are still suppose to be living there on a three year work assignment for our church. We had to finally turn it down because I hadn't healed from a back surgery, after I broke my back in several places... We sadly missed out on a wonderful opportunity.

What is your favorite food? I enjoy all good food.

What is your most embarrassing moment while out on a date? Probably when I lost part of my swimming suit when going off the high dive!


It is always a lot of fun to get to know people, and make more wonderful friends. So hop on over to
Kasey's and join in the Monday fun!!!





25 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

That was fun! I love getting to know my bloggy friends better. And I am totally cracking up about the grandson saving you at the wedding...it's nice when they're young and don't know they are even taking the blame!

Tanielle said...

You are sooo cute!! Love the loss of your swimsuit, oh how embarassing! But fun to read about!

Have a great day!!!!

Bo said...

Hi Beth...this was so fun to read things about you! And some of your answers sounded like they could have been mine...LOL ;-) Bo

Unknown said...

love the picture of your yard!!! It was fun to read your answers! have a great day!!!

momma said...

stopping by to make some new friends today!

it's that what children/grandchildren are for - to blame stuff on?? :)

Da Bergs said...

HAHAHA!!! THAT was fun to read! You are too fun! And your swimsuit... so, the question is... did he ask you out again??? LOL

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

I think I would have died if the bathing suit one happened to me. I have had my suit fall down while waterskiing but the river water was so murky, no one even knew. (thank goodness since I was surrounded by family)
Happy early birthday. It's just around the corner!

Alyson | New England Living said...

This was so fun to read! And YAY for your upcoming birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Beth, your meme was so much fun to read. I too loved snow skiing. I skied one year ago for free because I was past 65. A great but mixed emotion moment. I hate that I have to admit my age but skiing for free was great.

Thank you so much for your kind words with the sadness we are facing right now. I appreciate it so much.

I will think about the questions. I think it would be fun.

Hugs...Jeanne

The Artist's Daughter said...

I lost MY swim suit top diving into a pool from the high dive. I was in the 7th grade and horribly humiliated :(. I beat you on serious crushes, mine was in Kindergarten! Loved this post. Now I know lots more about you! Blessings, Linda

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a great list! Funny story about your swim suit. And I'm sorry to hear about your back. Are you back to normal now or still recovering?

Have a super night!

XOXO
Jen

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, I am laughing so hard! LOL! Loved this. And I carry Wet Ones in the car with me at all times. Speaking of which, I need a need container. LOL!

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day!

Don't forget to wear your green or risk being pinched! ;-)

XO,

Sheila

susette said...

NO WAY!!!! My birthday is March 31st too. We were almost April Fool baby's when we were born huh? That's so cool we have that in common.

Will you be a dear sweetie and help me win a trip back East? go to www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and vote for Susette at All Good Things Come...

Marie Rayner said...

Great fun reading your answers! I'm with you, I just want a car that's dependable, reliable and easy to maneuver in and out of parking spots!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Loved your answers! I did crack a smile a couple of times too! LOL! I may try this one...it was fun!

Happy St. Paddy's Day! ~Rhonda :)

Mimi Sue said...

It is nice to get to know you better. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that's had a few embarrassing moments now and then. Mimi

Pattie D said...

Love it and I posted over on my blog my answers. You are such a cutie, and such a fun person. I love it! Hope you week is warming up.
hugs
tricia

Pancake said...

That was very interesting to read!

Elizabeth said...

Beth, that was so fun to read. You have a great sense of humor!

Hey, everything is going just fine here! Don't worry. Since I haven't replaced my camera yet I have mostly been "window shopping" on my blog for pictures. This post will help me to have something to put on my blog today! Can't wait to use my own pictures soon.

Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth (Happy St. Paddy's day!)

Jan said...

I have never been to my reunions either. I don't even regret that :)

Love all the things that shared information about you.

What a cute grandson. Have fun planting soon.

Trina said...

I guess that's what you get for wearing a two-piece. lol. And yes you are a clean freak. I also know you clean before the maid comes. (I'd do the same of course.)

Anonymous said...

A visit to you just makes my day, Beth! You make the sun shine brighter with some of the stories you tell! What a fun question/ answer post! I enjoyed getting to know a bit more about you.
Hugs,
Jen

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

How fun that was! I am dying here, what did your romance buisnees involve? Fun Post. Hong Kong Huh? Wow!

Have yer self a fine an grand dey ta dey! Heres to hopin ye find a wee bit o' gold at the rainbows end! :-) ♥

Picket said...

Love this!!!! Girl you are shameless letting that baby take the blame! lol Once I was in Lowes and an elderly gentleman walked up beside me looking at the same light fixtures I was looking at and I swear a sound came from him so loud it's a wonder if it hadn't of broke the lamp behind him....me being the Southern lady that I am turned every shade of red in the crayon box and he never even so much as batted an eyelash!!!!
Great post sweetie...I love learning more about you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing so much Beth. It did have me laughing in a few places. :-) I hope your back is recovering well.