Monday, April 20, 2009

Tags and Awards

Sue, at Beautiful Pear Lane tagged me this week to post the 6th picture from my 6th file in my pictures. My sixth folder happens to be a folder I use for scanning pictures into. This is a picture I really loved, of our daughter kissing her new little one. I have already posted it, so I will post a current picture our baby Roo.

They grow so fast!

This little one brings us so much joy. She recently had tubes put in her ears because of so many ear infections and maybe that is the reason she developed her own little language. She speaks in distinct words....all of her own, constantly.

It is adorable to keep up a conversation with her.

Since I am showing off little Roo, I want to share our other precious baby, Jake with his daddy, Scott.
Jake is just three months older than Roo. He is so sweet, quiet and goes about investigating everything. Things aren't quite the same after Jake finds them! He is totally all boy and on the go. LOL... he is such a good little guy, so full of love... I am glad they have a cousin their same age, to grow up with.

Thanks Sue, for the fun TAG!
*******************

A little while ago I received this award from a wonderful friend Shaila. I am so sorry it has taken so long for me to pass it along. I am to name 7 things I love and 7 things I am thankful for and then pass it to 7 other blogs.

7 things I love and am thankful for!
*
1. Spring time and the rebirth of the earth. The glorious spring blossoms and flowers which I can even see from where I am sitting:)
*
2. The parents I was blessed to be born to, who taught us to love the Lord, tolerance, love, acceptance, charity, honesty and integrity by their actions and example.
*
3. Laughter and my great friends who bring out the best in those around them.
*
4. My incredibly good and wonderful husband... I often wonder why I am blessed to be so lucky?
*
5. Our children and grandchildren whom we adore. We will soon be 21 strong.:)

*
6. Our Freedom. I am grateful for the freedoms and pray these freedoms will always be here for our posterity. This freedom is something I cherish and pray for continually. I am so grateful for our armed forces and the sacrifices they and their families make in our behave.
*
7. Promptings and answers to prayer, even for the small things in our lives. Our 3 year old grandson, Doo Bug lost his brand new soccer shoe during a mad dash to the car last week, during a rain storm, following his game. They got home and his new shoe was missing.

A prompting several days later led us back to the field and the gutter where a rain soaked, but still new little shoe waited to be picked up.


Now I would love to pass this TAG, AWARD and CHALLENGE on to 7 of my friends at:

1. Ouincy Cottage I really enjoy her and her daughters blogs. I made her Lemon Chicken recipe from her post last Friday, for our dinner yesterday, and it was so delicious! I HIGHLY recommend it this tender and yummy dish. (Her's looks better:)


2. Marie A Year from Oak Cottage Whose blog is always full of inspiration and the most delicious food. She is a friend of the heart and lives in the United kingdom. So inspiring!

3. Blondies Journal Who just returned from a fabulous vacation in NC for spring Break and always has a fun read, to share.

4. Rue's Peanut Butter and Jelly life who is creating a beautiful home in their new house where they recently moved. She has amazing ideas.

5. Mimi Sue Cottage Who shares her life and talents. She has a lovely home full of love and even offered her home to our son Scott and his family if they are ever stranded in an other snowstorm close to her home. She has a very charitable heart.

6. Home Sweet Hide Away Who would love to just hideaway with her own sweet family and has more talents to share than her mom ever hopes to have. I have often wondered why I was lucky enough to be her mom...when I learn so much from her.


7. Dot at Pickets Place Who has me laughing and crying, at loud, all in the same post. She is so genuine and Southern. She even gave me a southern accent when she reads my posts, which made me SMILE. I am from Idaho! If you want to meet a wonderful and fun lady, please visit Dot.

ENJOY YOUR WEEK.... Ours is one where we will blowing out a lot of birthday candles!
Beth

17 comments:

Picket said...

Oh what a beautiful post girl...loved seeing your sweet family and congrats on the award..oh it touched me to read where you went back and found the little shoe! Thanks for thinking of me for the award sweetie I still say you have some Southern in you!lol) Take care dear friend and have a glorious week!

Sue said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you for taking the tag, You know when you show pictures of children, my heart just melts!!

Beautiful grand babies you have Beth, And I know you enjoy them all. I also enjoyed reading your thankful list. You really get to know a person when you read a list like this.

. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for visiting today and for always leaving me such encouraging words.
Blessings,
Sue

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

such beautiful children! Thanks for sharing those lovely pics. Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

Beth,

Your grandchildren are just precious~I will never tire of looking at pictures of children and hearing all the cute stories.

Thank you so much for thinking of me with your tag. I loved your responses. I will need a little time to think but will make a post soon. Thanks again and thank you for your comments on my vacation. We really did have a great time!

xoxo
Jane

Ms. Tee said...

Hi Beth :) Your grandchildren are so adorable. How wonderful that you get to see them so much. And how neat that you found the little shoe! Hope you have a wonderful week~

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

What a beautiful family! Loved your photos! They grow way too fast for me.

~Kim

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a wonderful post. So glad that I found your blog tonight. I look forward to coming back and reading more. Love the colors in your blog...I am new to blogging so have lots to learn...Would love for you to stop by and visit me.

Marie Rayner said...

What a beautiful family you have there. So sweet, the picture of your daughter with your wee grand daughter. What a blessing! Thanks so much for the tag! I'll try to do it soon, but you may have to remind me. I have a brain like a sieve these days it seems!

Pancake said...

What beautiful pictures AND post!!!Love reading the tag!

Darlene said...

What beautiful grandbabies!!! Congratulations on your award!! Loved reading more about you. I am so happy you went and found the little shoe...YAY!!

Elizabeth said...

Hey, Beth!

Guess what? I'm going to try your friend's Lemon Chicken recipe tonight. It doesn't sound too difficult and it does sound very yummy! Thanks for mentioning it.

How are you doing? How are you feeling?

I'm cured of everything that was ailing me recently and exulting in the sunshine!

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Brenda Pruitt said...

That first photo is simply enchanting. Nothing like a mother loving her little one.
Brenda

jeanne said...

Hello Beth, your post is wonderful of you daughter and Roo. She and the baby are so beautiful. It is fun to se her growing up too. Her poor little ears. My niece had the same thing and she is fine now. Jake is such a handsome little guy with his handsome dad. We have a Jake too and he too, is all boy. Don't we love our grands beyond words?

I enjoyed your 7 things you love and are thankful for. It shows the wonderful person that you are. I so enjoy your blog and you Beth.

Hugs...Jeanne

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, thanks so much for coming back by to check on me. I appreciate your concern so much. I'm pretty tired, and I probably won't be blogging this week. Lots going on. It might even be another two, but I saw several comments from you and wanted to respond.

I love your pictures of your little ones and their parents. So sweet.

And I enjoyed reading this post.

Love to you...

XO,

Sheila

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

What a beautiful picture of your daughter and her new daughter! Thanks you for your kind words and you can bet I have kissed all over those tiny new cheecks!!! They truly are gifts from Heaven above!
It was fun reading your tags and learning some more about you. Have a good week!♥
BTW, did you get my email about the Ricks?

Rue said...

Good morning Beth :)

Your grands are beautiful! Congratulations on the award and for thinking of me :)

There's a lot to be thankful for, isn't there? :)

hugs,
rue

nikkicrumpet said...

Your family makes some darn pretty babies! What a joy they must be to have around. And congrats on a well deserved award. And how cool that they found the little shoe! Stuff like that always makes me smile.