Friday, April 3, 2009

A funny story about my Mr B.

This week I was asked to put together a tribute for my husband. They honor all the April birthdays at the first of each month at work.

(This is him a couple years ago, before a baptism at our church, when he was bishop.)

I was asked to provide some pictures of him growing up along with a series of questions . One was to be a funny story. His funny story follows:-) Hee... Hee!
~
One of the funniest things happened during a seminar for some church employees in California. We all stayed at the Residence Inn in Ontario, which at that time, was his home away from home for part of each month.

The first night in the clubhouse, our friend Ron teasingly said to me, "See that lady (Jan) over there talking to Mr B? That is his girlfriend when he is here in Cal."

I said, Yeah right!" and laughed it off. I knew my man and I knew the pranksters they all were...

Then as we were leaving the club house as a group, Jan happened to be in the hallway and I decided to get back at Ron... and said, " I heard you and my husband have ‘something’ going on when he stays here! I would appreciate you knowing he is a married man and has a family and I would appreciate you staying away from him."

I kept such a straight face... Ron and our friend Mike about lost it! Mr. B was stunned to say the least!

This poor sweet lady’s face...was something I will never forget. Shock & embarrassment. She turned pale white and started to stammer something...

Ron and Mike tried to cover it up explaining as fast as they could, then they plain lost it and started to laugh hysterically. It was probably a moment she will never forget. Nor any of us, including poor Mr B.!

Jan was a marketing director for Marriott and wanted to get back at Ron with some sweet revenge.

The next day she asked Mr B. and I to come to her office. She had connections at the local Nordstroms and called them and asked, if we could borrow a mannequin in exchange for a couple free night room rentals at the Residence Inn. The answer was sure!

When the three of us arrived at the store that evening, we were taken in the back, and came out with a gorgeous lady, named Ingrid.

We couldn’t get her in Jan’s jeep without first unscrewing her body at the waist. I will NEVER forget the looks on people faces in the other vehicles as we were driving down the Los Angeles freeway with Mr B in the back seat, holding this naked woman on his lap with a silly grin on his face.

Yes, I am laughing just remembering. It was such a hoot!

Nor.... the faces of the guests at the Residence Inn as Mr B. screwed her back together and was carrying her though the village to invade Ron’s room and bed, with Jan’s master key!

Jan had brought lingerie and high heels from home, and brought in a hotel complimentary honeymoon basket with wine and wine glasses which was left by Ron’s bed. Ingrid was laying in the bed with a long stemmed red rose in her mouth.
Other romantic items led a trail from the front door to the bed. She/we did it up good! The ambiance of the room looked great.

We all waited in a nonchalant group outside Ron’s unit to see his face after he found Ingrid, that evening after dinner. He looked white as a sheet and so surprised when he came out and whispered loudly , "There’s a woman in my bed!" as he checked his room number with his key.

It was Priceless!

Oh my, the fun happened all week long as Ingrid made rounds to surprise people. The maid about had a heart attack when she opened the closet door and saw Ingrid standing there in a nightie. Mike kept wearing her wig to cover his bald head.
We had such fun laughing all week long!:-)

It is even funnier because Mr B. is one of the most dignified, articulate, intelligent, spiritual and kindest person you'd ever want to meet. He is so true blue. And all of this is so UNLIKE him.

Here are 2 of his handsome pictures when he was little:-)

Enjoy a fabulous weekend!
Love, Beth

40 comments:

Pattie D said...

This is hiliarious, I laughed right out loud....I can't imagine

Brenda Pruitt said...

He is a handsome boy. Was. Now he's a handsome man!
Brenda

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Cute post, Beth!

Alicia said...

That was so great!!!LOL still. What cute pictures too. I'll bet it was so fun to put together.
Have a Lovely Day~
Alicia

Da Bergs said...

How fun!!! I do love the old pics!

Darlene said...

That is just HILARIOUS and I can imagine the looks on people's faces.....hehehehehe

Rhonda said...

I am finding so many new and fun blogging friends...Thank you so much for your comments today on my blog.

I LOVE this post. What fun!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Oh my goodness! That's HILARIOUS! I'm so glad you shared this!!!!! I needed a good chuckle.

Cindy

Brenda said...

That is fabulous! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I am LOL!
Jan sounds like a fun lady! I would love to be part of a prank like that! I love the pictures!
I hope you have a great conference weekend!
Cheers and hugs!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Awwwww, look at Mr. B! Isn't he a cutie pie and now such a handsome husband!

And Ron got his just desserts, Beth! LOL! What a hoot that he nearly fainted when a "woman" was in his bed! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Hi Beth,
I hope you feeling better!
Hugs
deb

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks for the chuckle Beth! What a handsome lad Mr B was!

Southern Lady said...

That's hilarious, Beth ... revenge can be so sweet sometimes, can't it! ... lol

Mr B was a cute little boy and grew up to be very handsome. I know he loved your tribute to him.

Bo said...

Hallelujah! The c-scan news made me smile so BIG! God is GREAT!
What a gift you have in that handsome husband of yours... this was a funny story & Jan must have been a delight to know...
You don't get a chance to make fun memories like this everyday...
;-) Bo

Lindell said...

Oh you are too funny! What a hoot :) And what a handsome little boy!

Tardevil said...

That's funny! Don't you wish you could play more pranks that were that much fun? Enjoy your chocolate! I promise you will LOVE IT! I think you should join me, and have one too! LOL!

Lorrie said...

What a great story Beth, too bad you don't have some pictures of Ingrid--so funny!

nikkicrumpet said...

OH my...what a wonderful story. Stuff like that makes for the best memories...and it's a story that can be told a million times and still make everyone laugh! So what happened to Ingrid? Did you have to take her back...because it would sure be fun to keep her and enjoy tricking people for years to come. And it was nice hearing more about the handsome Mr. B

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a darling story..what a handsome boy that turned into a handsome man..Thanks so much for swinging by with your kind words, they mean the world.. an hour at a time around here.. I hope you're having a super w/k..
hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Oh la! What a giggle. I'd never have had the guts to say that to Jan even knowing it was a joke , but oh my did I laugh at the consequences to mischievious Ron. :-)

I hope your hubby has a lovely birthday.

Tardevil said...

Well, in that case, you're EXCUSED! But your hubby looks so young, and your profile said you are a SAHM. :O) I just figured you were 40-ish. I'm still looking for an ally! LOL!

Unknown said...

Beth,
Your hubby is handsome! What a sweet tribute to him!

Enjoyed the story. LOL

Diane

Jan said...

That is the funniest thing ever. I am laughing at the way it must have appeared. So darn funny.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Wow! You guys know how to do it up right! Sounds like an old episode from 'Home Improvement' when Jill and Tim tried to out-do eachother with their pranks each year. Good times!

Free Art Printables said...

That is so funny! Thanks for making my day! jen

Pancake said...

That was the funniest story EVER!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what a hilarious story. You should submit it to Readers Digest or some publication like that! What a hoot.

I am having a good day today. I was suffering from a bad kidney infection last week, but the meds have kicked in now - whew!

How are you lungs and your coughing? Are you any better? I'm so glad that it wasn't cancer or something like that. What the heck do they think that it is???

Enjoy the gorgeous sunshine, my friend!
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

Beth, I wonder what is causing those growths they saw on your lungs...Yes, I've heard of the 100 day cough. I've known people with it. I guess it's a wait and see situation. If you are coughing really bad maybe you should wait to go to the Temple. I'm sorry if you have to miss that!

I had a congenital defect (obstruction) of my left kidney..I've had two surgeries that were HUGE and were to repair it, but there is damage from all the years I was a kid, etc. and had horrible "side-aches" and no one knew why. Now, I do get infections in that one kidney quite often. My doc may put me on daily antibiotics to keep the kidney clean, but we won't know for a month or more if that is what's needed.

My goodness, these bodies we were given are miraculous, but boy can they go wrong.

Enjoy this beautiful, glorious day!
Elizabeth

Connie said...

Beth, thank you for your prayers for our son. His bishop/home teachers went over to visit just as the ambulance was taking him back to the hospital. We're LDS also.

Are you in Virginia? Hubs and I were married there at Yorktown. We're now in Idaho after living in Calif. for our whole married life. Nampa, honey!

But I've been praying my guts out all night and they were answered when he didn't have bleeding on his brain and he LIVED!!! Now on to the next round of prayers. He's still on pain killers and sleeping almost all the time. I'll keep my blog updated.

Thank YOU again.........
Connie

Picket said...

Oh my word!!! lol lol I never knew you had a wild side to you girl! lol lol Great story and loved the pics of him as a young boy! Hope you have had a great day sweetie!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

What a HOOT! I would have loved to be a fly the wall in any of the rooms where Ingrid happened to be "placed" for the Kill!!! What a fun story! ♥

wenderful said...

I can't even imagine. What a great prank! I bet Mr. B will never forget that.

Brenda said...

Thanks you advertising! you're awesome! I hope you are doing well! I'm thinking about you!

Tanielle said...

Oh I enjoyed this very much!! Too funny! What a handsome boy and man now!

Conference was awesome! Our family really enjoyed it!

Have a great Tuesday!

TAnielle

jeanne said...

Dear Beth, We can't thank you enough for your many kind words about 'our' Beth going home to our Lord. This was such a sad week for us and your words were uplifting and beautiful. We are somewhat at peace knowing she isn't suffering any more. It is still hard to know she is not with us now. You have been a true blessing Beth.

I loved your story about your hubby. I had a good laugh and It felt good to laugh. He is a handsome guy and a handsome little boy too. A fun post to read.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and love, Jeanne

tiki_lady said...

oh my goodness, i love your story telling and jokester ways!! you are awesome and so is that man of yours!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Beth, how absolutely hysterical! What a great story! Jsut stopping by to sy hello. I've missed you and I'll email soon to let you know what all is going on.
Take care,
Jennifer

Rue said...

You are hysterical!! LOL What a fun time!! I loved the story :)

In answer to your questions....

Nope, that's all there is to the recipe.

Yes, I talked to Alex about two days into his boot camp and he said he was fine, just tired, so I feel better. We'll see how we all feel at graduation in June.

Thank you for being so sweet to ask :)

hugs,
rue

Lamp Tramp said...

Such a funny story! You are BAD!
Hubby is quite the handsome man!

farmerswife17 said...

Beth, this is a great blog entry. What a funny memory to have! You truely crack me up!

Plus it is fun to see your silly side!

Great pics of Mr. B, I love to look at my Mr. Sweetie's old pictures too.