I am thinking... About the wonderful weekend we just enjoyed attending Stake conference which happens twice a year. Ours happened to fall on Easter Weekend. After the Saturday night session, Mr B and I were in charge of an Ice Cream Social for our Young Single Adults we get to shepherd in our stake. There are roughly 400 Young Single Adults in our Stake. They are such awesome kids.
.
We were happy though to have our youngest son, Kevin fly in from VA, before he headed Sunday night to Colorado. He is working this week in the Dental office, he will be practicing in, after his graduation next month.
I am thinking...it is a blessing to raise wonderful children, to give them wings to fly, but still my heart wants to keep them close to home and not spread so many miles apart... I think I will always want to be that Mother Hen!
I am so thankful... for sunshine, flowers, music, family, and my faith which brings me so much peace. I am thankful for the Bible and the Book Of Mormon which is another Testament of Jesus Christ. It is an actual record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fullness of the everlasting gospel. It speaks to my heart of absolute knowledge about life after death. What a comfort this is.
From the kitchen... I am happy for the laughter that happens. My sister and I fixed an Easter dinner yesterday and I will be eating left overs while Mr B. is away... I will probably share some Honey Baked ham with others. I am not planning on baking this week.
I am wearing... comfortable jeans and a T Shirt! My feet are barefoot and cold. I need to go put on some socks;}
Around our home... I am cleaning and putting away my Easter decorations and decided to leave my spring decor out... since Spring is just starting to appear.:)
.
This cute Bunny is something a very special friend Kathy,
made for the me, the year before she passed away.
I love all the detail and love which went into each stitch. I love the whimsy of the flowers, bees and bunnies
and is something I will always cherish!
I am reading... A new novel by Annette Lyons, I bought last week. It is very good. Annette has become a blogger I enjoy visiting.
And
I really enjoy listening to and reading Glenn Beck. He makes a lot of common sense. This is a touching story and in many ways a story of his own life.
I am hoping... Spring Flowers will soon arrive! We are seeing lots of signs with buds ready to burst on the trees and some already in bloom. I also hope to walk each day this week and try to get in shape to wear summer clothes before out trip back to the East coast in a month!
I am going to try to purge! To clean out some closets while Mr B is in California. I will be taking things to DI or Good Will. I have a problem of saving too many clothes for years and which do not fit anymore.;-) arrggg... LOL
I am hearing...
Marie's song list playing quietly on my computer. It is lovely music and is bringing a peaceful feeling to our home. Oops, it is the phone again! ( Since, I have been doing this post, my sweet FIL has called three times asking me about his different medications!) No complaints though, I am grateful for each and every day we can have with him and my own mom. Her phone call was a gift this morning:)Around the house... Now don’t laugh....I am trying to clean.... to prepare for a luxury I have so enjoyed having... a house keeper who is coming on Wednesday! :-) She comes every three weeks and it is such a treat!
Do any of you have a cleaning lady? Do you also clean before they come??? LOL (I really want you to answer this because my husband laughs at me!)
Around the House ...I enjoy having my sister and her daughter Miss P Mc Call living with us, so I am truly not all alone when Mr B travels.:-) It is fun to have a teenager here again. Miss P Mc MCall turned 13, three weeks ago!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
I am also hoping to spend some time with my daughter and her children.
I am planning on going to the pool for physical therapy.
I want to catch up the family history dates for my parents and all their posterity with the dates of new births and etc.
I have a party to go to with friends and my sister which should be lots of fun!
I plan on doing a bit of sewing...
Oh, and I need to make a dreaded appointment for a colonscopy! YIKES;) If I share it here then I will have to do it!
Here is picture I thought I 'd like to share...
Mr. B, His dad and sweet baby at an Easter party at Grandpa's Senior Living Center. Love, Beth
16 comments:
Your life sounds full, complete, and very happy. It's always so wonderful to stop by for a little visit and the glimspe into your world. I hope that you are well and hope to hear from you soon. Enjoy your week.
Hugs, Jen
It sounds like a very full and busy week ahead. Good luck with all your projects and especially the colonoscopy! (The prep for it is worse than the actual procedure)
Have a happy week!
What a peaceful read Beth. I really enjoyed it. I love Glenn too. And that book is good. You are so blessed. I can feel the love in your heart.
Happy week to you.
Sounds "perfect". I enjoy reading people's "thankfuls" because it gets me contemplating on the many joys and wonders of life and the things I am most thankful for. Thanks for sharing!
Oh I did so love reading this post girl...it was like sitting in the kitchen with you and hearing you talk (of course I gave you a Southern Accent)! lol Sometimes we are just so happy and content we just sit and smile even when we are by ourselves! Thanks for coming by sweetie...enjoy your week and your blessings!
Love this "Simple Woman's Day Book"! I, too, clean for Bea who cleans at our house and yes my husband laughs too!
Everything sounds wonderful, Beth. :) I'm way behind visiting everyone because I was on spring break for about 10 days! But I loved catching up and reading everything that's going on with you. I hope you have a good week!
Good luck with the colonoscopy Beth. I have not had one of those myself, but Todd has had several. What a lovely gift from your friend. Just beautiful! I have never read any of Glen Beck's stuff but I do like to watch him on the telly. We get him on here on the Fox news channel late on Friday nights. I love reading your daybook Beth. It's a wonderful insight into a beautiful person . . . YOU! XxOO
Good morning, Beth! I love this post!!
I don't have a cleaning lady. Since J's retirement he is a great help, with lots of things. Sometimes we'd both like someone to come in once in awhile. I think when we put out house on the market, we'll see about a cleaning service. We've had several flyers left on our door and considered hiring someone, a time or two.
It is a cool, dreary day. I am sitting here at my computer with my hot cup of coffee. A rare break for me, after a very busy Easter weekend. I must tell you that I really enjoyed reading your blog. It contains interesting info and I found myself agreeing with many of the things I read. Thank you for sharing simple, fun facts about your life.
Grandpa just keeps getting more handsome! That stitching, by personal experience, did take quite a while. I so admire stitchery, because I know how much love goes into each and every stitch.
Brenda
What a fun post... very informative... you have been blessed with a wonderful life! AND good friends!
I love this post! So, happy to read everything that is going on. I hope that you are feeling well.
Easter came and went so quickly. I am still enjoying it. Still contemplating the Savior. I am so grateful for His tender love and concern. I want to be more like Him, but have so many failings that I am praying He will help me with.
Won't it be great when the rain subsides and beautiful Springtime re-appears?
Hoping you have a wonderful day, Beth!
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Hello sweet lady!
Best of wishes on your trip to VA!
I can't wait to see all of your pictures when you return! I am actually headed your way on the 9th
through the 13th! Brandon goes into the MTC May 13th!
I love your bunny on your porch, I have a weakness for bunnies, but I have a weakness for a lot of things!
You are awesome for those YSA kids!
How lucky they are to have you and your husband!
I hope all is well with your health. Keep me posted!
I love reading your Monday posts, Beth. Feel like I spent the day with you! :-)
XO,
Sheila
I love your posts like this! I still don't understand why it's called "A simple woman's day book" though. You are far from a simple woman! :) I wanted to let you know that I love your cute Easter decorations, that bunny at the front door is SO adorable and I wish I had one just like it!
Post a Comment