Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Southern Utah

I would love to show you beautiful blooming flowers in my yard, but instead these were pictures taken in our yard this week! The frosted tree limbs are pretty in December...but not in April! :)
So, until our buds start to bloom, I thought I would share a couple pictures of the southern part of our beautiful state of Utah, where Spring has started to happen.

I loved this photo our son captured of the reflection in the puddle.
~

Our daughter's family went to Southern Utah a couple weeks ago. I wish we would have gone with them to enjoy the warmth and squish the warm sand between our toes.
This is one of our precious granddaughters who loved playing in the beautiful coral sand of the Sand Dunes.
Today is her 7th birthday! I am surprising her and checking her out of school early, for a lunch and shopping date, with her grandma! :-)


For more OUTDOOR WEDNESDAYS post please visit Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Thank you again Susan for being our wonderful hostess!


Anne Bradstreet:
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome
."
~
I hope you each have a very enjoyable day!

Beth

24 comments:

Pattie D said...

yes, your quote by Anne Bradstreet is so true, but snow should be reserved for winter months and well, check the calendar it is SPRING! Hope it arrives soon. I love Utah, even with it's unexpected April snow showers (or are those expected? LOL) Southern Utah is a beautiful, spectacular place to enjoy also...there is so much to enjoy no matter where we live. Hope you are on the mend, how fun to have a lunch date with your granddaughter, special memories for you both! April birthdays are the best! Enjoy our week
hugs
tricia

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful post Beth. I try to remember to remember to thank my Heavenly Father for adversity when it comes, because I know it is only through adversity that I will grow and be able to taste and appreciate the sweet. The scriptures tell us that the Lord tries those he loves. I love your creed on the side bar! I am copying it to keep in my scriptures. I hope you don't mind!

sarah said...

oh wow, I didn't realise you could get snow that late there.

I love tos ee those snowy pics though, not much of that here in Australia, I spose we have the beach lol!

happy outdoor wednesday

Sarah
ABeachCottage

Just a little something from Judy said...

Even though I really like the winter months I am sure this has to be a bit discouraging to you. Yesterday, here in PA we had snow flurries too. I am sure Spring is coming, but until then keep sharing pictures of your beautiful state. Your granddaughter is adorable. Age 7 must be a fun age. I look forward to when mine are that age. Please wish her a happy birthday from me.

Alicia said...

This seems to be the spring of the never ending winter. I had to empty the birdbath here in Ohio last night because it was supposed to freeze, we also had flurries yesterday afternoon. Our lattitude is the same as Cedar City, so this is really unusual.
But I have already enjoyed a few days out in the yard cleaning out planters. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get into the dirt every now and then.
Happy Birthday to your sweet granddaughter.
Have a Lovely Day with her~
Alicia

Light and Voices said...

Your yard looks like winter wonderland! So pretty. Spring is just around the corner. Hang in there. We had snow in Illinois a few days ago. It has already melted.
Joyce

Stacey said...

Brrr!! I agree with others that your quote puts it all into perspective. I'm glad it's not snowing here though.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I would love to go south and play in some warm sand and squish it between by toe too! How fun that would be. I think we have rain in the forcaast for this week end! SIgh! BUt it is spring, and snow will melt and rain is needed. BUT it makes haveing a fire and a picnic not as fun as the sun! But how "pleasant" warm weather will be when it comes to stay!
What a fun day you have planned today! ENJOY your date! ♥

SmilingSally said...

Poor baby, still snow. I guess you'll really appreciate spring when it comes. Thanks for sharing. Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Here's mine:
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/04/yellow-tabebuia.html

Barb said...

Your pictures are lovely!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

Sue said...

Hi Beth,
Loved all the pictures, especially of that precious granddaughter playing in the sand, please wish her a very happy 7th birthday, and I am so glad that you are able to spend it with her. May I wish you and your family a most blessed and Happy Easter.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Your yard looks beatuiful in the Wonderland in White...I could images what it looks like in Spring.....Wonderland of Colors....Happy Birthday to your granddaughtr.....Have a blast and stay warm... :D Katherinellen

Anonymous said...

hope you and your girl had a wonderful day together. our weather has taken a turn too. no snow here... but lots of wind and cold. heres hoping my new growth on my plants doesn't freeze:)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Beth! It's time for Spring!!!! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

nikkicrumpet said...

OK maybe I don't miss Utah quite as much as I thought hehehe. At least we don't have any snow! Oh crap I'm sure I just jinxed us. When you hear about the biggest blizzard in New England history...know it's all my fault! Southern Utah is so beautiful. I miss the red rocks..and it hardly EVER snows there! Yikes I just jinxed them too!

Bo said...

Hi Beth...your granddaughter is so beautiful...and Happy Birthday to that precious child...What a crazy winter into spring we are all experiencing...very unusual here in Texas too...I love the quote you included because it is so true! Blessings, ;-) Bo

Kathy b said...

That is a lot of snow for April! Underneath it all is springtime just waiting to burst out.

Kathy b

jeanne said...

Beth, love your post today. We too had snow but nothing like that. The photos of the warmer side of Utah felt so good just looking at it. Your granddaughter is adorable. I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration with her. I loved the quote...so true.
Hugs...Jeanne

Ashley said...

WOW, you are right about the snow! It's gorgeous, but not so much in April. We got snow in Seattle on April fool's day, but not enough to stick. It's mostly just been rainy here. :) I love the picture of your granddaughter playing in the sand! You must be the BEST Grandma ever!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love your beautiful pics except the snow (lol) ours has just finally melted. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos and your grand-daughter is just darling. Cindy

Southern Lady said...

Beautiful pictures, Beth. My favorite is the one of your beautiful little granddaughter. I know she's going to love your birthday surprise ... and what a sweet memory it will be for both of you.

P. said...

I think is beautiful.

Alfazema

Elizabeth said...

Hey, Beth!

I stopped by just to see how you are doing...? I haven't been visiting or blogging much because I got sick again. First, with a UTI and then with a bad cold. So, I'm not upright much. Are you any better? Are you up and about? What's going on with your lungs?

Looking forward to hearing how you are!

God bless,
Elizabeth

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday to your precious little granddaughter!

XO,

Sheila :-)