A grandfather pretends he doesn't know who you are on Halloween.
~Erma Bombeck
That is unless you are Great Grandpa Mont!!!
Then he can’t stop wiping his tears, because you came to spend the afternoon with him. My FIL was thrilled to have some of his great grandchildren with him at their annual Halloween party. They had a great time too. I don’t know who enjoyed it the most the young kids or the OLD KIDS!
A boy needs a G Grandpa...
For man-to-man talks,
(These two have enjoyed many!)
to go hand in hand
On companionable walks.
A boy needs a Grandpa... To sit on his lap
And if no one is looking,
They take a wee nap.
(He has rocked many to sleep:)
A boy needs a Grandpa... To show him the way
To handle a puppy,
To teach him fair play.
The children dressed as cute Witches, Ghosts, Pirates, Heros too. Cinderellas, Princesses and many more, including our own Scooby Doo, enjoyed all the candy, a story told by a funny witch...yet even they, sensed how special and sweet, an occasion this was.
I enjoyed the smiles from dad and his special lady friend, Donna, as they emptied out their small orange bowl to little sweethearts, just in time for it to be FILLED up again.
Even they got a kick out of those costumed adults, dashing here and there,
doing the filling.
To teach him about God, and by his example show.
To tell him the things
To impart bits of wisdom, He's learned through the years,
That it's no disgrace
For a man to shed tears.
Each wrapped in an aura, Of love and esteem,
Each smiling gently
At some special dream.
A grandparent is old on the outside but...
young on the inside.
~Author Unknown
I hope your Halloween was as sweet of a Treat as ours was!
Oh, do you know what kind
of car does a ghost drive?
BOOWICK
You have to love 10 year olds!
How about this one?
How does a witch tell time?
Witch watch:-)
Dad has had a few very rough months, and we are so grateful he is still with us, to build yet another cherished memory with his family.
~♥










20 comments:
I love this post and the pictures and thoughts! Thank You so much for sharing! Happy Halloween!
♥ HUGS ♥
Oh but i heard they'd stopped making Boowicks now! :) What a sweet, tender, special evening for all...those are the times that bring the smiles that stay. The poem is sweet too as well as the cute g.grandpa.Thanks for sharing those special moments! Come say hi :D
What a wonderful evening making lots of memories. Looks like fun for the young and the old. Loved the poem. Mimi
Great post Beth! I really enjoyed it. Looks like everyone had a really nice time!
this was a tender post for me to read! it reminded me of my own fil and my little sons. grandpa used to saddle up his horse to go ride through the cows, and he would take a little grandson up behind him in the saddle, and off they would trot. when they came back some time later, the grandson would be asleep in his arms!
after my mil passed away, grandpa came to live with us at our house. what a blessing in our lives!!! so many memories! my fil passed away 7 years ago. what a blessing in your family that grandpa great can still make memories with his grandsons!
enjoy your day
mercy
Such sweet pictures *b* :)Looks like everyone had a great time.
This is AWESOME! I love the poem too. Glad you had such a special day
hugs
Hi, precious... I'm so glad to see this! It made me smile! What a special treat for y'all to be together in this way... just think of the generations!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Love those sweet pictures. How nice for him that you all spent some time with him.
Oh how I love this post. What a great poem about a Grandpa to go with all the pictures.
This man is obviously cherished by his family and that is so wonderful!
Oh, Beth, what precious pictures of so many priceless memories being made. I loved the poem, too. There is nothing like being a grandparent, but little ones who get to know their great-grandparents are doubly blessed.
Thank you for your sweet comment about my parents' anniversary. I hope you can give your mom a special hug tomorrow.
Beth, your post just lifted my heart and made me wish my parents were still alive. They too would have LOVED the joy of our wonderful family and the grands and greats that have brought joy to our lives. I am so emotional reading your precious words about a G. Grandpa's wisdom and love. I praise God that he is able to have the day with his loved ones. You are a blessing to him and your family.
Blessings and love, Jeanne
What a special Halloween for all of you to enjoy. Precious moments make even the most stressful of times so fabulous. It is wonderful that you have such a great relationship with family to create these.
xo, Jennifer
How sweet is this, A picture of a little boy with his grandpa spending some fun time together. There is no doubt in my mind they had a blast together.
I was gonna ask about the special lady of your FIL and then there she was :-)
Mizpah,
Li
Forgot: Those kids shoes on the previous post for PS are just adorable!
Wonderful halloween post, Beth! I love it all!
How sweet for all involved to be together and share good memories! Loved the poem too. I hope he is feeling better. It looks like a nice place for him to live. Here's Will's favorite joke--Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn't have the guts!--Oh, those 5 year-olds humor!
A precious post, in every way. What a sweet poem!! Thanks for sharing!
M.L.
Hey, pal of mine, so glad you survived the Trick or Treating! :-)
Just dropping back by to say I got your sweet note. I have been out shopping. Our whole computer network was down, crashed, or whatever you say, and I decided that when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping! LOL! SO I finished up shopping for a giveaway winner I am going to announce this week. Whew! I had a few little things to add to the pot. I think I'll announce that on Pink Saturday if not before. :-)
Love to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Mr. B. looks so much like his dad! Very distinguished. I'm laughing I actually thought I saw me in a picture, I did a scroll double take...I wasn't even in the state, what was I thinking? Look at the chick in the brown shirt behind the boy in camo in one of your photos. Doesn't that look like me if you're scrolling at a mild speed? Lol.
Post a Comment