Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seeing Colorful Colorado with Benefits:)

These photos are of Spainsh Fork Canyon, in Utah.  I took them as we were driving through, on our way to Colorado by reaching up through the sun roof of our car. The colors were so beautiful!You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.
This farm is located in a picturesque place to live...especially this time of year.
Notice the snow already accumulating in the mountains, letting us know winter is coming.The reason for our trip was to visit our kids and have our son show us what he learned all those years in dental school.  At first it was a little nerve racking thinking our own son was going to be handling the drill! I have never been fond of dental visits. ;[  ekk...

I was so pleasantly surprised at the 'extreme gentleness' of our new dentist! He fixed my broken tooth, drilled and replaced the surrounding filling without having to give me a shot! (or gas:)


For me, being numb is one of the worst effects of having dental work done. He was AMAZING! Thanks son:-)

Jamie was our personal guide for the day, while visiting Colorado National Monument Park.  This is a picture showing off her sweet baby bump!





Colorado and Utah are full of gorgeous National Parks within hours of their new home. 


We enjoyed finding charming images in the formations of the rocks, from a row of monkeys making faces at us to a turtle ledge,


and these sweet potato moms!

The Lord has created such a beautiful world for us to live in.  I was mesmerized by the beautiful vistas and mountains of Colorado.


“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.” :-)
Dr. Seuss

Please visit our gracious hostess Susan, for another great 'Outdoor Wednesday' at A Southern Daydreamer  and to visit others who are participating.  Thanks Susan, for making this possible each week!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know if you hadn't said it was Colorado, I'd have thought you were down here some where! Isn't this earth magnificent?! I didn't know it was so beautiful there until we went there, just awesome!
How nice to have a son as the dentist..is he in Grand Junction? Thats 2 hrs. from us..I hate going to a dentist, at my age, I can look back on some awful episodes with all that! I think I'd just about as soon have a baby as go to the dentist!
Come say hi :D

~Niki~ said...

I usually get the 'gas' when having ANY dental work done. I had a horrible first experience as a child, and ever since I am so nervous at the dentist. So tomorrow, as a matter of fact, I have to have a filling replaced. IT's gonna be $116 and that includes NO gas. They want an extra $55 for that! So I will go w/o the gas this time, please pray LOL. I'm such a wimp at the dentist office. I rather give birth, seriously. :(
Love the photos!

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures...
xoxo
Julie

Kat said...

Oh great finally a dentist you can trust, your own son! fabulous! what gorgeous photos along the way too. Have a great evening!

Jennifer said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The color and mountains are stunning. It amazes me at how we live in the same country yet the areas are nothing alike....our sounthern mountains are totally covered with trees and we NEVER get snow!

I know you guys have really enjoyed yourselves. Aren't you lucky to have your own personal dentist?!

xo, Jennifer

Claudia said...

The colors up in UTAH canyon this year were wonderful.

So glad you had a wonderful trip and shared it with us all.

If you have a moment — I would love you to stop by and say hi!

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

Elizabeth said...

I loved the pictures. I am excited by this time of year!

Where does your son practice? is he all throughw ith school, then?

Oooh, I see more grandchildren on the way!:)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What wonderful photos. The Lord has created so many magnificant places!

Ebie said...

Congratulations to your son! I would love a "gentle" dentist, cause I hate dental visits! Hahaha!

The fall colors are really showing. They are so beautiful! I have enjoyed the scenery, and would to visit Colorado in the future!

Ebie's Outdoor Wednesday.

LV said...

You showed what great things we have to enjoy provided by mother nature. What a wonderful trip and outstanding scenes. I am not too familiar with Utah, but Colorado is truly a state of beauty.

Marie Rayner said...

What beautiful pictures!!! I just loved seeing them, and how wonderful that you have such a talented dentist for a son!!

Barbara said...

Wow, How nice to have a dentist in the family, sounds like he is a good one.

Your pictures of the scenery are just fantastic,thanks for sharing.

Barbara

Kammy said...

What a fun trip ! Love that your son is a dentist - I bet he gives you a deal !! Your pictures are great and you are right about Colorado (I live in Colorado - in
the foothills- east side) it is beautiful !
Kammy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, glad to know you had a good visit with the dentist. ;-) I wish your son lived near here.

Loved looking at the scenery there. It's so dramatically different than what we are used to seeing. It is 90 degrees here and difficult to imagine that there is snow somewhere. We had a little early coolness in August, and now, October is hot??? Strange weather of late.

Sending you much love and thinking of you with your dear FIL. Hope all is well on that front today.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful country & you did a great job of photographing it. Repaired a filling without numbing - wow!

SmilingSally said...

Oh, you should be so proud of your boy!

The pictures are beautiful, and I don't know how you got such clear ones while in a car. Amazing.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great pictures! I cannot wait for mu DIL to start showing! Wow! A dentist you can trust! I can imagine your son was probably nervous at first also!

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

~ Tracy

My name is Riet said...

What a beautiful country you have and how great to live there. Your pictures are wonderful. Thank you for your visit.
Have a nice day

g.suzie said...

Oh how nice to have your own personal dentist. . .I bet he gives you great deals! I love being numb, I don't want to feel anything. I used to work for a dentist, and I learned early on, gas and numbing shots are my friend!

Mary Bergfeld said...

How proud you must be of that boy! It looks and sounds as though it was a wonderful visit. You certainly traveled through some beautiful country. Then there's that baby bump
...it's too early for congratulations, but I know how thrilled you must be. Have a wonderful day.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful scenes! How satisfying to see your son succeeding in what he studied for. I'm glad he made his mother proud :0)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You have a great son. I know you are proud that he is a dentist. The scenery is very beautiful, especially the rocky landscape.

Anonymous said...

What stunning photos! It is so beautiful. I love this time of year. Fall shines forth in all of its splendor. Glad you got to visit your son!

Jamie said...

I agree with everyone; those pictures turned out beautiful! I had a lot of fun with you guys. Thanks for visiting! Love you.

Lori E said...

I must say the freezing is the best part of the dental visit because then you can laugh your butt off trying to apply lipstick to your frozen mouth. On a good day you don't get any in your ear.

Nanette Merrill said...

How fun to have your son work on the family. Good for you. Spanish Fork Canyon is pretty.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

That's so cool that your son is also your dentist and that he has such a gentle hand! I hate getting numbed up too.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Beautiful scenic views! Especially like that road going up, up to the farm. We never really look at our kids, I don't think, as REAL grownups. But if you let him in your mouth with those tools, you've made the transition to seeing him that way I believe!
Brenda

The Gathering Place said...

Beautiful scenery! I love this time of year. How nice to have your own dentist! I guess that is one of those parent "pay days"!
JoAnn

Heidi said...

Such lovely pictures! I was born in Colorado so I'm partial to the scenery there.
Thanks so much for the kind words, I'm feeling a bit better this evening! The storm is leaving, and my head feels lighter!
I hope you'll come back for a visit soon.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

Beautiful scenery! Isn't our great United States amazing with all it's different terrains, colors and views. Thank you for sharing. It's my first visit to your sight because I'm brand new to blogging. You obviously did well raising those kids - all docs and a diva - I love it. I'm praying mine will turn out so well. Blessings and thanks for dropping by my new site.

Nicole said...

How nice to have a dentist in the family. The pictures are gorgeous. One of the things I miss about living in Logan is the drive back and forth to visit my parents in West Point, Sardine Canyon is always so beautiful in the fall! As soon as this baby comes I need to get into the dentist, not looking forward to it!

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures! Karen

susette said...

Oh I love the photos. I love the overcast skies too. Beautiful country in Colorado too. Sad to say I live that close and haven't seen much of that country.

How fun to have your own son work on your mouth. I would love to have a family member work on my teeth. It would definitely be a much calmer experience.

farmerswife17 said...

What a fun post! I loved seeing your DIL's baby bump. That is really awesome we are measuring the same, our due dates have changed to the same day and we are both having boys! It will sure be interesting to see how close together our babies will be born!

Love ya!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Beautiful pictures! I am glad everything went well - how nice to have a son who is a dentist!

XOXO
Jen