Saturday, Mr B and I went for a drive to one of our favorite picturesque valleys, to see if we had missed the Fall foliage.

We were NOT disappointed! It was a plethora of glorious fall colors, everywhere we looked.
The colors of the maples were breath taking.
We love this little valley in which is in a neighboring county.
We were amazed at how many beautiful homes have been built in the past 16 years.
We too had designed a home for this enchanted area.
Our hearts quickened as we approached the neighborhood where there is a beautiful piece of property, we had once stalked, dreamt about, explored and even put an offer on.
It had been on the market for over a year. Every time we drove up here, it still hadn’t sold.
That was 16 years ago and the asking price was ONLY 28,000 for 1.5 acres!
We were advised to offer a low bid, since there hadn’t been any other action and WITHIN an hour of our low bid... the property sold to someone else! :{
The property is just up around the corner on the left, on the immediate right. It was about 1.5 acres of lush greenery and color and has a BEAUTIFUL STREAM bubbling through.
The property itself was a challenge to build on, because of so many ravines. We were going to build our driveway over a bridge from the area right below.
In fact, this beautiful landscaped area was so steep, once I took an awkward tumble down it. Afterwards I knew I was in trouble, because I was in so much pain.
I had to have knee surgery to repair a torn cartilage, because I tore my Meniscus. :-)
This little piece of heaven has left an indeliable impression on me!;]
(remember it was only 28,000 for all four lots then! OUCH)
Don’t you love hindsight???
So pretty...
Afterwards, we felt we should have offered the FULL asking price. Our home would have been paid off so fast and our retirement coffer filled!!! :-)
I hope you too enjoyed seeing this beautiful area
and
and
our very own 'SHOULD have, COULD have, and Oh, IF ONLY if we WOULD have', moment in our lives...:)
Now, we get to drive by AND WONDER WHAT OUR LIVES WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE living there in that beautiful peaceful area!
***Although I KNOW, there had to be reasons, we ourselves didn’t foresee. The Lord knew that was not the right place for us to finish raising our family.
I really believe this.
I really believe this.
We rely on so heavily on Heavenly Father to help us with all our important decisions in life. So, I know this wasn’t meant to be.
Even though our hearts are still are a bit tender every time we drive up here, we KNOW there were reasons we didn’t get the property.
I have found if our family involves the Lord through diligent prayer in these important decisions of our lives, our life will go so much smoother.
The right decision was made 16 years ago!
The thought also came Saturday as we drove back home, 'Maybe if we would have built there, our kids wouldn’t have married the wonderful companions they have.' I feel the Lord directed us exactly where he wanted and needed us to be at this time. For this I am thankful....
ALTHOUGH, you have to admit it SO gorgeous in Maple Hills!
There is a challenge I read on A Stone Cottage, as we enter into this blessed Thanksgiving Time of the year, to include an 'ATTITUDE OF GRATTIUDE' in each of our posts. I took the challenge and encourage all of you to do it also. Her button is at the top, right hand side of my blog. I feel there is SO much to be thankful for always! :-)
To see other outdoor Posts for this Outdoor Wednesday, please hop on over to Susan's beautiful home at A Southern day Dreamer. Thanks again Susan!
Happy OW!














20 comments:
glorious hindsight. we have had some of that in our life as well.
could have's, should haves, why didn't we's.....if we would have's.....
but.......
i can not imagine living without including the Lord to be a part of everyday life.
thanks for joining in the challenge. i need to be sooo much more grateful for the blessing i have in abundance. ♥ mercy
I try not to step back into time and think about all the things I did not do. It certainly is hard not to have some second thoughts about tht pretty location. I tell myself someone has a plan for me and so I get up every day and step into the future and go towards whatever is in the grand plan for me.
Joyce
16 years ago!! I'm glad you didn't move. Where would a girl like me have found a hot bath on a cold night if you had?
beautiful foliage though, and only a short drive away :)
That is definitely beautiful property. The developers get all the good stuff. Is it in Heber Valley? We used to love to drive the Alpine Loop in the Fall. There are also some very pretty sites up Big Cottonwood Canyon before the snow sets in.
"...yea, we can see that the Lord in his great infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their trust in him." So true.
Robin
It is a beautiful property but if it was meant to be yours it would have been. Your photos are lovely. I hope you are having a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday.
Beth, it is pretty, but I love your house and lot, too. AND as you said, the kids meeting their wonderful spouses and having beautiful grandchildren might not have happened there. That's a price worth more than gold. :-)
Love to you (and yes, there were fish that got away from me, too, LOL!)
XO,
Sheila :-)
Beautiful Fall color - thanks for sharing.
I just had one of the "if only" conversations with someone today!
Hindsight is great, too bad it doesn't come sooner in our lives. The drive was beautiful. I think this year it is prettier than last year. The lot sounds beautiful, but as you said, there is a reason for all things and you've probably guessed many of them for your not buying in that particular area. I am still trying to figure out why I was led to this area to buy my house. We will know all things eventually. By the way, I thought of you today when I saw an adorable apron made with your cute auntie characters fabric!--it is at Whimsy Cottage in Holladay. And thanks for being one of my best and faithful readers. I am trying to figure out how to do a giveaway, so keep reading!
Yup, I think you blew it alright. LOL! What a beautiful place.
Hey, who's to say why things turn out the way they do. I'd say that property was downright dangerous though! You know the old saying about looks can kill, well that property might have looked good but it was deadly. Ha haa!!!
Glad you and hubby got out to enjoy a beautiful day!
Sharon
I can think of a couple we could have/maybe we should have moments in our own life. But you are right - life would have turned out differently!
It is a beautiful area though - Love all the colorful trees. I think it is kind of a shame that whoever bought it did subdivide it.
It is definately good to think about the things we are grateful for constantly :D
Beautiful fall! I love autumn and taking drives to view the beautiful leaves. Thanks for the post. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. You are where you were suppose to be. Love, Joy
Beth I believe that the Lord provides for our needs at the time we have the need. For whatever reason that property was not for you and the Lord will provide for you in a different way. If our coffers were full, we might not rely on Him to take care of us on a daily basis....
What a beautiful area Beth and you are right, everything always happens for a reason. Beautiful post!
Beautiful views.
Alfazema
That really is a beautiful area. We have a similar storyish. If only. The photos are lovely.
Beautiful Sunday drive, Beth.
And wonderful words of wisdom.
Oh! Beth,
What beautiful scenery, I love to go to our mountains and see how God has painted his trees. Only He could do such a beautiful job.
I was so inspired with your post of allowing God's will to take first place. i also agree your Children might not have found those wonderful mates. If only we all could reason like this we might save ourselves some heartache. I have found His Will to be Perfect. Thank you for sharing, I have been so blessed.
Blessings, and hugs,
Sue
Hello Beth, I am finally getting a chance to thank you for my birthday wishes. It was a very nice day. We have company from MI and Kansas. So busy cooking and entertaining. I love it but computer time is very limited.
Your post is awesome and beautiful in glorious color. Your story of your almost property purchase was sad in a way but I am sure your calling was elsewhere at the time. It is a gorgeous place but your fall was not a pleasant memory. Such is life. Our Lord knows our path even when we don't. We have sure had some hindsight from time to time in our life. We always have to look forward and I know that is what you do.
Have a blessed week Beth.
Hugs, Jeanne
What I have seen is a beauty that feasted my eyes! What a wonderful area, and the fall in full bloom.
It was a joyful tour to this lovely area!
I too am so thankful for "un-answered" prayers! Sometimes we think we know best..I'm glad there is a plan and a Heavenly Father who knows what is best for us..if we'll only ask! Thank you for these sweet thoughts...you are such a gem!
Come say hi :D
Post a Comment