Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When Life happens, Giggle!

I have hesitated on whether I should share this tale of embarrassment, shame and the worst case of giggles I have enjoyed with someone in a long time. These are the giggles you can only share with your very best friends or your SISTERS... Oh, my heavens!
Well, last week while my hubby was away on business, my sis came to stay, we had a calamity of horrid ‘misfortunates’ happen one morning that ended up in the worst case of giggles that is now necessitating a trip to the doctor at the end of the month. First, let me tell you of our morning when I hurried to the other end of the house where the guest suite is located after I thought I could smell something burning. There I found my sister, Kate relaxing and everything in that kitchen seemed just fine. The thought of something burning escaped my mind, as I found a soft place & sat down to share a snack and to reminisce. .
About fifteen minutes later the burnt smell met both of our noses with a stinging stench. We took off at a dead run to the main kitchen as I realized, It was ME who had been cooking something.....The hummingbird nectar ‘I’ had put on the stove to heat & melt the sugar had turned into a an erupting volcano of smoke. We moved so fast as I grabbed the smoking inferno and rushed it out on the deck, then we opened every window & door including the garage doors and patio doors and turned on all the over head fans we could find in the main part of the home and shut all the bedroom doors and laid towels along the bottom so we would still have a place of refuge to retreat to from the insulting smell...
The pan was a complete lost, and the nectar inside had burnt to the blackest smoking ‘sponge’. Our home was filled with the worst smoky stench for several days after. Oust, Frebreze and other air sanitizers were put to good use
An hour later I went back into the kitchen and there were soap suds all over our beautiful shiny oak wood floor. The suds were pouring out of every seam of our Dish Washer. I yelled for my sister Kate to help me once more. We were still wearing a tied kerchiefs over our face’s because of the wretched smoky smell and she couldn’t believe her eyes. The kitchen looked like a giant bubble bath! I swore I didn’t have any idea why it had happened. I knew I had used my regular electric dish washer soap with the pretty ball of jet dry in the tablet. Nothing like that had ever happened before..
Then instead of crying... the hugest giggle attack happened. I started to laugh so hard, I crossed my legs so I wouldn’t pee my pants. ( Rememebr our motto of loving our bodies even when things stop working!) Kate was almost doubled up laughing, here we were, with both of us wearing the our kerchiefs wrapped around our mouths and noses to protect us from the smoke and then the most embarrassing thing happened. I felt warmth starting to run down both of my clenched legs. With every giggle, it got worst. I actually peed my pants, not just ‘thought’ I was going to, but I felt warmth which ran like a fountain down my legs until a large puddle had formed on the kitchen floor. I was in such shock that I just laughed more and more! Kate was practically on the floor with laughter.
What a mess! Enough internet details:) Our home is sanitized and back to normal thank goodness. This is a picture of usually a helper until one places it in the dishwasher where the liquid dish detergent provided us with our beautiful bubble bath in the kitchen. It is the lack of bladder control that concerns me the most. So hence the doctor appt at the end of the month! I will keep you updated so come visit & often! :-) And LAUGH with all your lifes little mishaps! Beth:)

3 comments:

Gee said...

I've enjoyed you combined blogging. How wonderful to be so close to your sisters to be able to share a blog... together... that is a miracle... I have added this blog to my favorite blog links... thank you for the blessings you give.

A New England Life said...

Oh to have a sister and be so silly! I have only brothers so I guess I shall never know. How wonderful the two of you were able to laugh until you pee'd . . . now that's funny!!!

Anonymous said...

How absolutely harliously funny! I am sorry you had a horrid day but it is probably one you won't forget for a long time! It had to be worth all you went through to share such a delicious moment with a sister. You will probably be in your 80's and still laughing about it! Hope you can get help with your bladder hee, hee!
Jane