Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Baby Got Back!!!

Someone recently asked me why my blog was called, "Aunties with Advice". It all was started when my younger sis moved in with us and WE decided we wanted to stay in touch with our nephews and nieces. So in the beginning we were all about fun.... So on this
'Tuesday Blog an Oldie' You get
"Baby Got Back!"
COSTCO is one of my favorite stores to just wander and get lost in.... Don’t you just love the samples? You can almost get a free meal if you time it just right. Well, I must have been timing it a little too right... too often.
A life changing experience happened this week. Now I have a visual reminder hanging on my fridge!
While shopping for our a extravaganza BBQ get together we happened on to this nice lady who, tried to sell us the whole flipping store, and practically would say anything to do so. She was demonstrating luscious dips on crackers. After trying all three, she wanted us to buy a Chipotle Dip for only $4.89.
I picked it up and looked at
the calories and fat content and told her the price was right but not the calorie content, as I patted my rather large behind.
She proceeded to tell me what a cute little butt I had. BOLOGNA!!!
So after we walked a way I started looking at other women’s butt’s in the store. Not a normal. . . well mostly not a normal thing I do.
My kids are always saying I ask them way too often, "Is my butt as large as that ladies?" Be honest you know we all do it!!!!!
Well again I felt the SAME urge and just needed to know. . . It was like Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle concerned about how his bum looked, asked his friend as they left the Osyster bar,
"Well, how does mine look?"
So I asked my sister, who is always sooo (too) honest.
"Is my Butt as large as that women’s butt?".
She discreetly took out her phone, took a picture of my behind, and said,
" I don’t know, see for yourself. IS IT?"
The larger than life photo is now hanging on my fridge.=)
Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Here are pictures discreetly taken of course of the 'want to be ' and the 'one that could be' if I don't stop the snacking and going for all the great samples... :). ( a retraction of yes, a lie, is in the comments!