Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Stash Challenge Fabric

I really didn’t have much of a stash left to work after a service project a couple months ago where a group of from church made over 50 quilts to donate to a local Cancer Institute.

I did find this new pretty floral sheet, cream fleece and light denim to be creative with. OR, the other choice is cutting up this pretty summer dress which would piece nicely with the light denim. Of course I am going to stick with the rules and use only what I have on hand. The other choices weren't as nice and I do want to put this quilt to good use.

Although a lovely fabric center is only ½ mile from our home! It is tempting because of all the lovely fabrics they have, but rules are rules and we are teaching our children in our home the joy of having integrity and honesty, pays big dividends. I just decided I am going with the cream, floral and light denim on the right and feel it will be a warm and rich looking quilt! Maybe I'll add some gold and burgundy trim on it. Our 12 year old is ready to start and so am I! Beth:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you actually quilt with clothes? I thought you quilt blankets with fabric... Oh well, I will be stopping by and see what you come up with! You have a fun place to stop by.
Letty

3 Docs and A Diva said...

I like the choice you made with the jeans and floral sheet. It looks like your quilt will be a warm and cuddly one this winter. I like using nice linens to make quilts out of. we ahve made alot fo them at our home!

Eileen said...

This is going to make a very lovely and fun quilt. And that is what the whole challenge is about.. resisting the urge to go buy anything new.. even if we think the quilt "needs" it. I am always delighted seeing the results of some seemingly "unmatching" fabrics! Looking forward to watching you work on it.

Anonymous said...

ooo this sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Ulla said...

Those were my favourite choices as well! I'm excited to see how it will look like. So good of you to resist the fabric shop temptation. You can go there later, I promise!
And Letty: I have made almost all my quilts with old shirts, aprons and leftover pieces from making such clothes. Only baby quilts donated for premature babies were from new fabrics.