Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Stash Challenge

I'll be honest, right now I need a new project like I need a hole in my head - NOT AT ALL! But at the same time I need an excuse to slow things down and do something therapeutic - like QUILT. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as quilting can help tune out the world and rejuvinate the soul. I've decided to join a group of crazy talented women with the Summer Stash Challenge. I'm a little overwhelmed of the amount of time left to complete the quilt, but I am up to the challenge. We have wanted a project my twelve year old and I could work on togetherthis summer and this is the perfect one for the two of us to do together.

We are thinking DENIM - picnic style (mostly because we have some stacks of old jeans hanging around). I have always loved quilting and have made quilts for years, mostly for others, friends, children and even my grandchildren have received a quilted quilt, (not tied) when they were born. It has a been goal that was stitched with lots of love. I am starting this week and will show updates of the quilt when I can! Happy Quilting! Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of denim too but haven't quilted in it. love to see what you come up with.

Best Wishes,
Melanie