Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Beginnings

It is a relief to say that our life is finally returning to normal...Shh don't tell anybody! We are going to knock on wood and PRETEND  not to be making any plans of our own.:-)


I finally have retrieved pictures I can share of the wedding celebration at our home for my sister!

  It was a delightful evening full of laughter and renewing old friendships, even  with some friends from our high school days in another state. We are so thrilled she has found love again... with such a wonderful good man! High School friends once, but NOW truly sweethearts! :-)
 This was suppose to be a small wedding with family and only close friends invited. We, her family worked together to create a happy celebration for their wedding. Even with that said,  we still enjoyed  over 140 guests.

(This is how my chalkboard I created out of a picture and frame turned out.  We placed it out front  to greet their guests.)

It was so windy at the beginning of the evening, the chalkboard kept flying off and chipped it's corners... adding to the distressed look. It then had to be wired on to the easel.  Yet, we were not going to let a little wind damper the excitement in the air.



A wishing tree greeted the guests in the backyard for them  to write their wishes down for the newlywedsand ahng them on the tree, as the newlyweds started the blending of their10 children together.

Our precious granddaughter was acting as the keeper of the wishes :*) There also was a video playing of the two families growing up...  Romantic music filled the air and welcomed the guests.

Oh, we almost had no choice but to leave the tables bare... The winds were horrid. Large pine trees went down the night before. Right behind where the ceremony was held.


Because we couldn't get anything to hold the tablecloths on, let alone the pretty centerpieces,  with 2 different shades of shimmery champagne colored fabrics kind of scrunched in the center as their backgrounds. Trips to the store for  glue dots and some double sided tape finally did the trick:)



We spent 6 hours ironing these lovely chair covers with 3 ironing boards going at the same time! I love my sweet nieces and others who helped, thank you! :)

The happy couple stood in front of this rustic wrought iron gate my daughter in law's brother lent us from his business. The girls (sisters, daughters and nieces)  worked hard to create a  whimsical  piece of art out of the fun flowing greenery, we picked up at Tai Pan Imports.
We were almost ready for the guests to start arriving when huge gales of winds once again tried to wreck more havoc.
The bride created this beautiful centerpiece to go on the main serving table
In her colors of champagne, kiwi green,  with touches of black and white.

 Within 5 minutes of setting her arrangement  out on the table we heard a loud crash and the beautiful tall, flat vase shattered as it hit the cement of the patio.
I hurried and found my favorite vase for them to re-do the arrangement in and it too was blown over and crashed within just a few more minutes!!! LOL  

 Wind or not we were going to have fun.

So we arranged the flowers amongst the food which looked like we 
 had planned it that way! 
I posted the main food in an earlier post.  I also left 2 yummy cakes sitting my laundry room!   I had totally forgotten about them until the very last guests  were about to leave.
 With Dad dying practically within hours so soon afterwards, I
  I think I gained another five pounds over the next few weeks!!!:)
 Why do I have to be a stress eater?
.
The family group pictures were taken before the ceremony.


Michelle with her four daughters, their husbands and her grandchildren. 
Her daughters are amazing and it has been a JOY to watch them grow into the beautiful young women they are!
  I really am not prejudiced! ...at all:)

For those who do not already know, her oldest daughter standing in the back in the back and white went into labor the next day delivering the bride's 4th grand baby, making the groom became an instant grandpa!

With the groom's children. Michelle is finally the mom of sons...four of them all at once!  I wish I would could have got a picture of their children altogether! They are all wonderful kids and we are looking forward to getting to know them better..

With their parents and siblings and spouses.  All of Michelle's siblings and  mom were able to make it!  The groom has 7 siblings and several were unable to attend.
The groom's dad on the left with his sweet wife was my hometown's orthodontist.
 The groom's blond sister in the tan skirt was the head cheerleader in our high school when Mr B was a senior and I was a sophomore. We both knew her  when she was then a junior.  What a beautiful person inside and out she was and still is! 
 Yet, Mr B and I did not meet until after he returned from his church mission when he was 22 years old!

 We had MANY of the same friends at the time and remember the same events etc... Ya Da ...Ya Da... Another story at another time! :-)

Our niece sang at the beginning of the ceremony beneath an arbor she and her husband made for their wedding reception in our yard several years ago.

Our bishop performed the ceremony. My precious Mr B was the bishop prior and performed many weddings himself.





Dearest friends! Wendy on the left taught special ed with Michelle and Susan was the principal at the Jr High Michelle taught at. They live in another state and traveled to be with her on her special day.
My same age sisters who graduated with the groom.   Michelle is 12 years younger than I am and Mom and dad did not want her to grow up alone.  What a wonderful gift to all of us to gain another incredible sister and for them to be raised as almost twins!

Michelle has had 3 hart attacks and had to have open heart bypass surgery at age 42.  She has lived with us for the past 2 and 1/2 years and we already miss her and cute Miss P Mc Call!


My darling mom with her granddaughters and great granddaughters. She now has
57 great grands is expecting #58. She 84 years young and if everything works out will soon be living close to us!:-)
 
My granddaughter enjoyed making friends with our nieces who live so far away!

Our daughter and her grandma

Our son with little Mikey

and more precious great grands
 
Friendship and love  were plentiful
and a new auntie was created instantly!

A special thank you goes to my very patient and ever loving Mr B for all of his hard work.
 I am a very lucky lady!

There was a tender song at the end of the ceremony, sang by a family friend. His voice was gorgeous as he sang out the lyrics to

Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you


[Chorus:]


Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true


[Chorus]


Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little of a very special evening for a wonderful couple! We are so happy for them and their beautiful family.


I am linking up with Susan for Outdoor Wednesdays.  Please hop on over to the party at Susan's place and see how eveyone is celebrating this beautiful time of the year.
Much Love, Beth ~♥

20 comments:

susan said...

What a gift you have given your sister--your home and love for over two years and a beautiful wedding in your home! Best wishes to the bride and groom!

Jamie said...

Nice post, Beth! It was a really great day, even despite the gale force winds! Good job. :)

The Gathering Place said...

It looks like a wonderful wedding. Your yard is beautiful and perfect for those events. Wind is such a bother on days like that, but I'm glad it didn't ruin your party.

Doran & Jody said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the post. I was ALL smiles reading this and I don't even know them. What a joyous occasion!

Beautiful pictures (not to mention the people) and the arrangements. Will you host my wedding?....wait, I'm already married.

Mimi Sue said...

What it's all about! Family and friends to celebrate a life milestone. Looks like the bride and groom are so happy. Blending families is not easy but with the Lord's help it will all work out. Maybe you could lock yourself in your room for a few days for a much deserved rest. Mimi

A New England Life said...

That's quite a post, and quite a celebration! Congratulations to your sister and her new husband! What a great coming together after all these years. You just never know, though I can't imagine starting all over again.

Everyone looked beautiful. The food looked delicious as always. Sorry about the wind but it sounds like you all made the best of it.

Hope all is well!

Sharon

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this Post. Thank you so much for sharing all the beautiful pics from this happy event. Everything turned out so wonderful.
I'm so happy for the newly married couple. : )
M.L.

Southern Lady said...

What a beautiful beginning for the blending of two sweet families, Beth ... overflowing with love and family and friends. I know they appreciated all of your and Mr. B's hard work to make their memorable day a truly blessed event, in spite of the wind!

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a beautiful, meaningful wedding your sister had. I really enjoyed seeing all of these pictures and I was reminded of how special families are, when I saw the smiles on everyone's faces. After all she has been through, it certainly was a gift from God for her to have been reunited with this guy. Thank you for sharing the wedding with us.

The Gathering Place said...

Our daughter is living in Idaho Falls right now. Her husband is doing an internship there for 5 months. Pocatello is only an hour away from Preston where I grew up. Maybe we attended some high school events at the same time! Southern Idaho is a great place to grow up.

Jacqueline said...

Oh, the pictures are just wonderful and the setting is beautiful. I know the food was fabulous. Whoever took the pictures did such a nice job. Thanks for sharing this special family event. I am glad you could make it past the weather.

Shawn said...

That was a fun Sunday morning activity for me, looking at all your beautiful pictures and catching a little glimpse of Kevin and Mikey. Hope they have a long and happy life together and that you get some rest!

Nanette Merrill said...

Your sister is beautiful. How nice for her to have found a new life. Congrats. Loved all the family photos. Love that these are people in my family, somewhat. Delightful, every one.

Darlene said...

What a beautiful wedding. It looks like there was so much love and friendship all around. It put a smile on my face just reading about it and looking at everyone.♥

Connie said...

Where do I start? Beautiful yard, beautiful bride, handsome groom, adorable kids, beautiful grandma! It looks like everyone had a good time. Too bad about the wind but it still worked out!

Love all the photos!

I love the song, Broken Road.
Thanks for sharing this special occasion with us!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful wedding pictures. You've described it so well.

I'll have to go to the Kandy Kitchen and go to the site so Florence can see this!

Brenda said...

Hello Dear Friend!
Congratulations to your beautiful sister. I am so happy for you all! What a wonderful sister you are! I enjoyed your pictures.

I'm so sorry to read the news about your dear FIL. Sending Hugs of love and admiration to you.

Thanks for stopping by! I've missed you!

Have a great weekend!
Love, Brenda

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Beth, what a sweet wedding and a sweet couple!! I wish them all the happiness in the world!! feel free by the way 2 share any of my writings with your VT ladies! xxoo

JEANNE said...

Dear Beth, this is the most beautiful setting for a lovely wedding. The happiness just flows. In spite of the broken vases, I can see the wedding was a happy event for one and all. The family photos are wonderful. Smiles abounding everywhere. Did you say 10 children between them? How wonderful that they found each other. Your family so reminds me of mine. Family members galore. What a blessing.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful day.

Hugs, Jeanne

farmerswife17 said...

Hey Beth!, What a beautiful wedding, I so wish we could have been there. We tried so hard to be back from the farm in time, but to no avail we completely missed it by the time we got back home. I hope your sis is doing well in her new life of married bliss.

I so miss having you as a neighbor. But the couple who moved in to our home are super cute. I hope you get a chance to get to know them. Love you!