Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Celebrating Love with a Burst of Fall

This week we enjoyed attending the wedding and celebrations which followed throughout the day with two of our most favorite friends, Kristin and Griffin.

Their wedding was held in the majestic Salt Lake Temple.

(I took this picture of theSLC Temple the night Kristen became engaged on Temple Square in April)

Then following was a gorgeous luncheon held in the historic Joseph Smith Building, once the Hotel Utah where many of our Presidents of the United States and many other dignitaries have stayed when they visited.
It is the beautiful building on the right.

We were honored to have been invited to share this most special day with them.
The architecture details of this Building are breathtaking! 
This building is where several of our own children celebrated part of their wedding days,
and brings back fond memories.
The chandeliers, ceiling paintings and old warm wood are so inviting.
The brilliant Fall colors for the luncheon added to all the beautiful warmth of the building...

The floral arrangements were spectacular. Sunflowers, different varieties of lilies mixed with daisies 
graced all 12 of the guest tables and the guest of honor table where the gorgeous bride beaming groom and their parents sat. The bride's parents are also very dear friends.

Temple Square restaurants is known for their simply to die for rolls dripping with honey butter.



Recipe for the famous Lion House Rolls and honey butter are  Here. I promise they are easier than they look and will MELT in your mouth!
The architecture details of this old building are fascinating and so beautiful. 

 It all added to the perfect joyous occasion for Kristin and Griff.

I loved the super cute favors at the luncheon made by the groom's sister and her friends.

The tux and elegant wedding dress was represented in style tucked in with the yumminess of a delicious mouthful of goodness.

After biting into these tasty morsels I realized they were made from the same recipe I made some ghoulish eyeballs for Halloween one year for my grand kids  Here


Their flowers were so beautiful! All day I was amazed at the joy and fun they inspired.


IT a l m o s t made me glad give up on Summer and to bring on Fall!  (I truly love fall...in fact it is my favorite time of the year!  The down side is  precedes a cold winter! ;}


The beautiful tablescapes also were at the wedding reception that evening to honor the couple. 


I didn't get a picture of the  pretty Sandwich buffet before it was almost devoured and  before being set up again with the most delicious semi-crispy croissant sandwiches, in three different varieties, Ham, Turkey with all the fixings and Chicken Salad.

The fruit bars looked like rivers flowing with fresh fruit and Gerber daisies.  It was so pretty!

They also had a gorgeous beverage bar set up outside, a candy bar with cute bags to take along treats home with us when we left and a wedding cake bar set up to satisfy all our sweet tooths.

Mr B and I get to serve and play with many young friends.  We become close to so many of them.
  These are two more of our favorite guys along with their sweethearts.  On the right is Ryan and Shannon who have just 2 months left before they too get married.  We love Corrie and Ryan like sons as we do Kristin. They are awesome young people who are great examples to us!

We enjoyed the fun atmosphere of the wedding all day long.  It was filled with lots of smiles and laughter, love, happiness and joy as friends met with other friends. 
 Fun dancing and music filled the night air in celebrating.

Absolute perfection in beautiful tablescapes all day long!!!

It was a perfect day celebrating the love of two of our favorite people.
Be happy and Congratulations Griff and Kristin!


We are so happy for you and wish you so much happiness filled with blessings each and every day! 
Thanks for sharing your most special day with us!
The recipe for the balls inside these delicious and fun favors

1 pkg Oreo cookies broke up

1 pkg Cream Cheese softened
Place in food processor. Roll into balls..
Now they are already a wonderful little morsels :)
Chill balls before dipping and decorating with luscious chocolate.

I am joining the blogging parties of Tablescapes Thursdays with Susan and Foodie Friday with Michael at Gollum's Designs.  Thank you for being such gracious hostesses for us week after week. Please visit their beautiful blogs for lots of inspiration.

Enjoy a beautiful weekend! We are going to be spending it with 18 of our children and precious grandchildren! :)

Warmly,
♥ ~Beth~♥

41 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

What a beautiful bride! Love her shoes. The luncheon and reception look fabulous. But the best part is their temple marriage. So happy for them. Mimi

Lori Lucas said...

I love it when weddings are happy. Really. Not all seem happy. But this one did look that way. Beautiful. Loved the flowers. I made 600+ of those same treats last year for my nieces happy wedding. Only I made mine from cakeballs. Now my son is getting married in October and his bride wants those too. Oh my. What have I started???? I have five children!!!! YIKES. Thanks for sharing. Lori L

Pattie D said...

I love those COLORS! I love fall too...my very most favorite time of year. What a beautiful wedding and I agree it does look like a happy wedding and sometimes you just wonder. A dear young man we know was married yesterday in the same place....I wasn't there, but my son and daughter in law were, I can hardly wait to hear all about it! Thanks for sharing

Table Escapes said...

Thanks for sharing their lovely wedding...the SLC temple and surrounding site is beautiful...I live in Providence, UT...
LOVE the bride's colors and all the fresh fruit that matched.. AND the candy! Congrats!

A Toile Tale said...

Ahhh....fall!! Living in Atlanta, we are eager for the crisp feel of fall.
This is beautiful.

Beth said...

What a beautiful wedding! You did a splendid job capturing it in photos. I enjoyed this post very much, and I also loved the bride's shoes!
Beth

Entertaining Women said...

i love weddings and everything that goes with them. This one appears to have been wonderful! Thank you for sharing the day with us. Cherry Kay

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful post. Loved that you shared all these lovely pictures with us.
What a blessing to start their new life in such a joyous way as this day.
Now I need to find something to snack on you have made me so hungry. lol
Love ya
Maggie

Barb said...

Hi Beth!

Just one question, when do you sleep? I have never seen such a busy woman, never! And you do all of this with such grace and elegance! You need to write a book or at least share your secrets!

It's very obvious that your are loved - the wedding looks beautiful! And the bride and groom look like they are so in love - what a happy day! The Temple is so beautiful - I wish I at least had smell-a-vision or something!

Just beautiful Beth!!

Relax this week-end, you deserve it!

Gentle hugs,
Barb

Lindell said...

Aaaaah, I LOVE fall. What pretty colors. It looks like a lovely time. Sure love you Beth :)

Unknown said...

What a GORGEOUS wedding...those sunflowers & lillies are BEAUTIFUL...and speaking of beautiful....the B&G are too!! We are huge fans of the oreo truffles and what a clever idea to make them into favors. Tucking that idea away for another day :)

Blessings!
Gail

Marigene said...

Beautiful!

Jacqueline said...

First, why have I never googled Lion House rolls? Is the recipe really as good as the rolls? I can't wait! They are pure sin.

What a lovely temple wedding. The colors are gorgeous and the Joseph Smith Building photographed so beautifully. Loved the stained glass ceiling photo.

I made the cookie truffles for my sons wedding reception. Everyone was afraid to eat them because they were so cute and none of them are food bloggers so they hadn't seen them before. These are so intricate and beautiful. Great Day!

The Gathering Place said...

It looked like a lovely wedding and your photos should be in a magazine! What a beautiful bride! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet, too. I had a crazy week of parent teacher conferences, Hale Theater, and "first-week-teacher- jet-lag" (if there is such a term. Maybe we need to plan a bloggers luncheon. That would be fun!

You do see some really interesting people down town. I only wished I could have captured some of the others.

Nanette Merrill said...

The pictures are beautiful, breath taking. I feel a little bit like an old lady when I go to weddings though. I feel like I know stuff that young couple doesn't know - like there is so much out there on the road of life that they will have to bear. Bitter sweet stuff. But they are starting out in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

What a wedding day! I love the Fall colors and I am getting in the mood for Fall too! This was sure done up well...everything was really beautiful. I so love the JS building, have sung there many times. I also love the Lion house...all that area is just awesome! :D

Elizabeth said...

Beth - I loved this post. The pictures are gorgeous and I loved the Fall theme. I, too, just adore Autumn and am looking forward to the seasonal decorations.

Much joy and blessings on the sweet couple.

How are you doing?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, I enjoyed going to this wedding with you! Thank you for your wonderful pictures and commentary. Enjoyed it all so much. Just lovely.

Thanks so much for your sweet words to me as well. It's been a long few weeks, but things are in the Lord's hands. Mr. Magpie has surgery slated for the 7th on his kidney, and I welcome your prayers for that. Today's funeral for my friend was sad, but so beautifully conducted. She planned it all, and everything glorified Jesus from start to finish. Every song, every word, every scripture was perfectly selected. And do you know what scripture was her favorite??? The very one I have on my sidebar. "This is the day which the Lord hath made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." She said that every single morning. And so many familiar hymns and scriptures today, and all were comforting. It was a long but blessed day.

Love you, my friend...

XO,


Sheila :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Farmer's Wife said...

Beautiful pictures! I do love the SLC Temple and the Joseph Smith Building. Everything about the wedding decor is beautiful! Sunflowers are my favorite. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment on my blog....it is amazing to be present while our children are "becoming"....I appreciate your wisdom and kindness...hugs from Mexico!

Sue said...

Oh! Beth, I just love weddings, and this one was simply beautiful, especially since it was decorated in my favorite colors of fall! I so enjoyed you sharing this most special time.
Hugs,

Sue

Connie said...

I AM ready for Fall after seeing all the beautiful colors! I feel like I was there with you! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures. Love that they had Gerber Daisies on the fruit platters. Everything looked beautiful, including the couple!

JEANNE said...

Good morning Beth, What a stunning wedding. I have always wanted to visit this beautiful church. We used to ski for years at Park City. We always though we would tour the church but we never seemed to fit it in. I really loved your beautiful photos and the bride and groom are beautiful and obviously so in love. I loved the flowers and the colors.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful Occasion.

Blessings to them and you.
Love, Jeanne

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

This was a really amazing post!
I loved seeing the beautiful church, the decor and flowers!
What a lucky young couple they are!
Beautiful bride and I love her flowers!
HAGD,
Cindy

Susan,Susie, Katie,Sue said...

I love the theme of the wedding. What beautiful and bold colors. The sweets look so tasty! What great pics, looking forward to other posting.

Anonymous said...

hi! My name is Joanne Bunch. Your son Steve is working/studying @ our dental center in Boydton, Va.. He is a very nice young man. I am sure you & your family are proud of him. He pulled up your site so he could show me a picture of his wife and children. He has a wonderful family!!!

Pedaling said...

don't you just love the warmth and feel of a fall reception?
It all looks like a dream come true!

Rettabug said...

How lovely! The autumn decor & fun attitude of the bride... *GREAT shoes!*... all contributed to a wonderful wedding! Thanks for sharing this special day with us, Beth. Everything is just beautiful!!!

susette said...

Beth, I just want to tell you how much I appreciate your sweetness and kind words. I feel strength each day and I know Heavenly Father is sending his comfort and love through so many loving friends and family. Thanks for thinking of me and our family. You are a jewel.

Darlene said...

What a beautiful couple and everything is just GORGEOUS!!! Those treats look so CUTE and sound yummy!

Doran & Jody said...

Why do I always miss these great parties.

The bride and EVERYTHING looks wonderful!

Doran & Jody said...

By the way...I am ready for a little trip but I thought I had to go south from here to see you.

Let me know and I will make it happen. There will be food involved right?

~Niki~ said...

not sure how i missed this post 'b' :)
lovely wedding! gosh, it's like a princess wedding!
love the look of the temple!
miss ya!
you still comin in October?? ;)
pretty please?

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wedding! Thank you for sharing! I got married (love is lovelier the second time around!) in March, and even though the wedding is over, I still love seeing other people's wedding decor and photos! :-)

I lived in SLC for almost 10 years -- two of my three children were born there. Thanks for the glimpse of the city, the Temple and the former Hotel Utah, which is still lovely despite the changes. :-)

Robin Beck said...

I love the picture of the bride and groom where the brides feet are turning in~ I only say this because I am massivly pigeoned toed!

About my blog post: I so know you are blessed, I do hope things become less overwhelming for both you and me too! But in all good and bad, I too still have to give thanks and feel so very blessed.
Keep on keeping on~♥

Marie Rayner said...

What a beautiful young couple and what a lovely wedding celebration they had! I have been blessed enough to have been able to go in the Joseph Smith building when I was in Utah a couple winter's ago. It was amazing. My friend Lura and I had lunch up in the restaurant on top. That was amazing too! Have a fab week! xxoo

Elizabeth said...

These are some of the prettiest reception/wedding pictures I have ever seen. How lovely! The food looks incredibly yummy, too!

Hope you are well.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how I have missed you, Beth!

What fun to get to see this pretty wedding, and that hotel is amazing. The architecture and interior features are stunning! Thanks for taking us on the tour.

Loved all the special features of this event... the fall colors, the special treats, the flowers, etc. And those rolls... girl, you are BAD! LOL! I could dive head first into a good roll right about now, but I am dieting. The ugly "d" word. ;-)

Checking in from my exile to let you know I love you and appreciate your prayers. Mr. Magpie is much better, and I am, too. I have graduated from nursing duties to maid duties... our house looks like a bomb hit it! ;-)

Hope to be back to blogging soon and hope to see more of my sweet friend as well...

XO,

Sheila :-)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

How fun to see another Wedding. I never get tired of seeing how others do theirs. So Much Fun!!!
I too, read 'The Message' several years ago. I recommend it all the time.
Take care,
Mary Lou

Brenda said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love it all! You have captured it all so nicely. I will have to try the treats, they look wonderful! I have missed you! I hope all is well! I'm sure you are enjoying conference this weekend.
Hugs!

Love, Brenda

The Gathering Place said...

Thank you for your sympathy and support. It has been a hard trial for us, but we appreciate caring people.

CB said...

I am just a few months late on this post - hee hee - Don't know how I missed it but I came looking for you today because I have not seen a post from you lately. Hope you are happy and healthy and enjoying the fall!
This is simple a GORGEOUS wedding! Everything is perfection.
I keep telling my kids that I hope one of them gets married in the Fall and picks colors like these!