Outside my window... My little four year old ‘ bundle of FUN’, grandson and I have been watching lots of birds fighting for their share of the bird seed in the feeder. They are putting on quite a show. The sun is shining, the sky is bright blue and a neighbor is taking advantage of this beautiful day to put up Christmas lights. We couldn’t have asked for better weather this past Thanksgiving weekend.
I am thinking... How very blessed I am to have all the comforts of life we enjoy. We enjoyed seeing 3 of our children and their families this long weekend, although all but one son and his wife spent the day and had Thanksgiving dinner with their other families. Another son couldn't come home and stayed in Virginia with their little family. (MISS YOU) Our home though rocked with laughter, when 18 of us gathered on the evening of Thanksgiving Day, to share leftovers, pie and games. It is a great thing to have your family grow up to be wonderful people who are a joy to be around. I love just listening to them visit and catch up.
We enjoyed seeing the movie once again, 'Blindside', with several of our kids on Friday afternoon, and then going on Saturday morning to a 'Bowling Birthday party '
for our grandson Caden, who just turned five.
Even barely 2 year old Jake loved to throw his BIG ball. It more than not, stopped half way down the lane! So much fun watching them all.
We also were able to put Mr B’s Dad’s tree up for him and decorate his apartment on Thanksgiving Day. He was very cute about it and loves how the fiber optic ends of the branches light up his room. I wish... our son and wife’s car wouldn’t have been broken into while they were visiting us from Colorado. We feel we live in a safe neighborhood until something like this happens. They had two suitcases and about 50 CDs stolen. They didn’t realize it had happened until they got up early Saturday morning, and drove to Bountiful to attend the Bountiful Temple. Jamie's suitcase contained the dress she wore when were married, not quite a year ago. I felt so bad for both of them. ;{
From the kitchen. I smell the wonderful aroma of Turkey broth simmering for homemade Turkey Noodle soup later and I have bread dough rising for bread sticks.
I am running dinner into a family tonight. I am glad we still have left over pumpkin pie to share for their dessert. :)
I am wearing. Comfy brown cords and a brown Tee with a lace top and warm socks.
I am creating. Actually I am changing some of our fall decore into Christmas.
This was a center piece I used for our Thanksgiving table and now it
looks a bit more like Christmas!
I just finished my last Christmas gift which I planned to make... (I might get a wild haired idea and make some more later, if I know me! :) One of our little 7 year old granddaughters is soo in L♥ve with everything about C.S. Lewis’s, ‘Narnia’ books and movies. I noticed while visiting, she had drawn these sweet letters in pencil on white notebook paper and taped them to the top of her bed. I wanted to make her letters spelling Narnia, for her to hang above her bed and I finished them in just in time to get them wrapped, the night before Thanksgiving.
I am reading. The UNDAUNTED by Gerald N. Lund, It is the true story of the miracle of the Hole-in-the-Rock-Pioneers who Mr B descends from.
He had two grandfathers who were called in 1879 to create a settlement between the established communities of Utah and the lawless frontier of the four Corners area of the United States. This is a historical story about our children’s ancestors!
Gerald Lund says, “It is the story of a group of people who offered everything on the altar of the Lord and received, in return, the miracles they need to do his will. They were a small band of men, women and children who left well-established farms and businesses to yet again settle the untamed wilderness.
Their road: Only what they created for themselves, blasting out a perilous trail over slick rock and through desolate cliffs.
Their hearts: UNDAUNTED”
I am hoping to finish our Christmas shopping this week. I am almost finished:-)
Around the house. The Christmas Decor is going up and then lots of sprinkled sunshine! I had my four year old grandson and 22 month old granddaughter today while their mom went Christmas shopping. The toys, memories and the sweet things left out, after they leave are just bits of sunshine:) We made tent forts, and enjoyed playing Hiding go Seek! I am so grateful some of our little ones live close by. They all bring us so much joy!
Here is a picture I thought I would share of baby Archie who is almost three months old is so sweet, and happy. He is also juicy to hold. I wanted to just bury my face in the sweetness of his neck! He is smiling and talking back to us now. They grow too fast!
~♥~








18 comments:
I so enjoyed this post Beth--I feel like I've been visting with you seeing and doing what you are. You are truly blessed with family--I love hearing about the grands, little Archie is such a sweetie!
I am having my mom and sisters come for a week starting tomorrow, so I am scrambling to get everything ready here...
That is so sweet! I loved the book too!
I think your decorations are so pretty and I also think your grandchildren are delightfully beautiful.
This is such a busy, but rewarding time of year. You amaze me that you get so much done (I'm jealous)! Your projects look great.
I'm sorry for the break in. What a shame.
Have a great week!
JoAnn
What a beautiful post...makes me feel so calm just reading it. Except about the break in...that just makes my blood boil!!!! It is so nice to be near family and to be able to enjoy everyone.
Hope you are having a wonderful evening.♥
I always love reading what you write on your posts, Beth. This is so sweet. And your little grandson (actually all of your grandchildren) are dolls.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and have gotten so much done toward Christmas. I, of course, am behind, but it will get done.
XO,
Sheila :-)
So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. So sorry to hear about the break in. I always feel so safe in Utah but I know things do happen. We all need to be more careful I guess. Cute little baby. I'm hoping we get another one in the family soon. Our youngest is 18 months and not much of a baby anymore. Mimi
I just found your blog a few days ago and I love it - love the recipes and hearing your testimony in your words. I also love Simon Dewey. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hello!
It's always a JOY to see what you've been up to! I especially love to hear about your family and all the fun festivities you are enjoying! My Elder Hall is doing GREAT! Thanks for thinking of him! We miss him!!!!
Best wishes to you!
Have a Great Week!
Love, Brenda
I love the picture at the top of your blog!
Your daybook entries all sound so holidayish, familyish, warm, inviting, and happy!
It truly is a wonderful time of year.
I am hoping to get The Undaunted for Christmas - I really love Gerald Lund's books and this one looks so good.
Have a Happy Week!
Cherie
I loved your day book Beth, and all the photos. Like Lorrie said, it's been like a lovely visit with you! xxoo
Thanks again for everything! We had a great time with you and we LOVE our Christmas tree. I'll put pictures up soon. It's just the right size for our small collection of ornaments. :) I love this season.
Hi,
Thanks for the nice comment! And yes, you are certainly welcome to use my poem - I love to share. I plan on using it for V teaching also. I've done it in the past and given it with a bottle of lotion from Bath and Body works - gotta keep the hands soft!
You will love Forgotten Carols - I went last year and it was wonderful. Michael McLean tries to put a little something extra in every show - and he always goes the extra mile. The song about Mary is beautiful and one of my favorite parts of the play.
I have lived in Idaho all my life. My great great grandfather settled the Shelton area, near Ririe, John Shelton Howard, so I have a long line here also! I have a cousin who married a Ricks from Ammon, her name is Susanne, her husband's name was Wayne Ricks. He passed away a few years ago of a long and hard fought battle with cancer. His parents lived on Ammon Lincoln Rd. I remember going to their wedding reception and always think of them as I pass that house on my way to my daughter's home in Ammon.
Anyway, so nice that you visited my blog - Come and visit again!
Blessings, Barb
Love those letters you made for your granddaughter. I'm really happy you're going to be the other grandmother of some of my grandkids. You're really great at it! Your Christmas candle is really pretty too.
I loved catching up on your posts! You've been having a great time like us I can tell. I love family time, it's the best! Have a great December filled with much love! Come say hi :D
Beth,
It was so great to get caught up on your life and to hear all about your wonderful family. I also admire your candle decoration. What a smarty you are to put cranberries in water and then to add what looks like lemon slices. It is very beautiful!
I have begun decorating, but I haven't gotten a tree yet. We will do that after our whirlwind trip to California this Friday through the weekend. My sweet and wonderful friend (dad!), after whom I name my son (Robert) is dying of cancer. He is 93. I adore him and want to see him one last time.
I am so happy to hear that your Thanksgiving was a fine one. I do sooo love the Holiday and they always go so quickly!
God bless,
Elizabeth
Oh what a wonderful time of year for family and visiting with friends. I enjoyed reading all about your Thanksgiving Beth! It sounds like you all had a great tiem. Except for the car getting broken into. I'm so sorry.
Thanks for your sweet visit today!
The LED lights are wonderful so far. It's the first year we have tried them and I do enjoy the warm glow.
Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)
Thanks for the comments. It was a little while before I could get to moderating them. Life gets so busy, where does the time fly too?
The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.
Thanks
Post a Comment