Thursday, November 12, 2009

Super Easy and Delicious Chili

When we got home from the funeral, Mr B only had a few hours before he needed to catch a flight. I wanted to send him away with a delicious meal and thought about Julie’s Chili. I remember she said it was fast and  used things I always keep on hand.
We are sure glad we did,  as this will become a new family favorite. Mainly because,

It was super fast and super delicious!:D


We enjoyed this really delicious chili with white corn tortilla chips strips and chips


And some grated cheese for me!
.
I sure wish we would have had time to make her yummy looking
raisin whole wheat bread to go with it.

~JULIE'S EASY TEN MINUTE CHILI~

Brown 2 pounds of hamburger...with 1 chopped onion, (I also added 4 stalks of diced celery)
 ...salt & pepper  
Sprinkle 1 package Chili seasoning packet, over the hamburger mixture. Then add 1/2 cup flour..stir
Now add in:
2 small (8oz.) Tomato Sauce
3 cans small Red Kidney or Chili beans...with the juice
1 home canned qt bottle or 28 oz. of  tomatoes. I used a can of diced tomatoes.
NOW
Add 2 or 3 handful's of Brown Sugar! Yes, Brown Sugar!
That is it folks...so easy!
The Brown Sugar is her SECRET ingredient! It adds a special something, people will rave about! It darkens the Chili and makes it so good with the spicy and sweet flavor shining through. :)


My sister and I enjoyed using the chili as a dip with the chips, even cold...it was so thick and yummy. :-)

Please visit Julie at her Beautiful HOME in Southern Utah.
 You will be glad you did. She has one of the warmest and kindest hearts and is so genuine.
She also  is having a FABULOUS  giveaway as a Thank You to blogging friends, who have made blogging  a wonderful and fulfilling adventure.
Thank you Julie, for letting me post about your nummy Chili and bread.
 For Julie's bread recipe please click here.

For  more Foodie Friday recipes and posts, please hop over and
visit our talented and gracious hostess Michael at  Gollum Designs.


We are going to have a cold winter storm this week end. Sunday will only get UP to 39 degrees!
Brrr... I will be making this again...SOON! :D

35 comments:

Charlotte said...

I never would have thought to add brown sugar to chili...I add it to my goulash and it's a nice mix with the spices...thanks for the tip I will have to try it as we are getting ready for chili season...stay warm during that upcoming storm....Sue @ Rue Mouffetard

angie said...

Thats so funny, I drove past this house not long ago snapping pictures the whole way by because i loved it so much! Now i must try her chili. Thanks for sharing!

honeysuckle said...

This sounds like the perfect food for this weekend. I hope you are doing something fun! Thanks for the lesson on headers I will try it when I get time:)

Unknown said...

I love EASY!!! recipes for times when I haven't had time to cook a BIG!!! meal.
I visited Julie blog, THANKS!!! for telling me about her giveaway and her blog.
I have become a follower of your blog, I love to share recipes and ideas. Come by and visit my blog anytime.
Geri

Anonymous said...

You are Soooooo nice...to spread my recipes out to your friends and to tell about my give a way! I just love you...what did we ever do before blogging?! I really think it is a tool of our Heavenly Father to connect his childrens hearts! And mine has surely connected to yours :D

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Where are you going to get your cold winter storm?
I love Julie's blog, I just discovered it...about the same time I discovered yours! I need an easy chili recipe and this one looks good. I'm sure it would taste better if you were the one cooking it, cause other people's cooking always tastes better.

Nancy Jane said...

Well that does look easy, and anything easy is worth a try...

Darlene said...

YUM....that looks and sounds delicious!!! Stay warm this weekend....sounds very cold...BRRRR

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love a good chili recipe and the brown sugar addition sounds great!

CB said...

Chili sounds good...It is really starting to get cold around here. We have lots of snow on our mountains today after a night of rain in the valley.

I live about 3 miles down the road from your son!! Small world :D
We'll have to meet up sometime :D

Joyce said...

Chili and Autumn go hand in hand:)
Joyce

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.
I was very touched by the story of your FIL's tender last prayer for his brother. What a poignant story. Your FIL has the kindest eyes.
Take care,
M.L.

{oc cottage} said...

YUM!!

m ^..^

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

We had chili last night... so good now that the weather has turned... chilly!

:)
ButterYum

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a perfect meal for a fall night. I love the addition of brown sugar. I'll wager this is delicious.

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

A good hearty chili is always a plus on a cool fall evening. I'll definetly be giving this one a try.

Anonymous said...

I add a bit of regular sugar to my chili but never brown sugar. Will have to give it a try! That raisin bread looks so good!

Jane

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Yummy what a nice delicious bowl of chili this is. You can fix it for me anytime. lol
You would die if I told you what I am having on my lunch break right now.
Thanks for joining me and I love your site
Maggie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Looks delicious, Beth. I'll be right over! ;-)

XO,

Sheila

The Fajdich Times said...

Perfect cold weather meal:)

jeanne said...

Hi Beth, that chili sounds delish. Mmmmm brown sugar. I like the idea. and I have a quart of fresh canned tomatoes. I must try this.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my post today.

Hugs and blessings, Jeanne

Brenda Pruitt said...

Brown sugar, huh? Well, everything to me tastes better with a smidgen of sweetness! I read her. You're right. She's super sweet and has the best scenery to walk in!
Brenda

Cass @ That Old House said...

I've seen chili recipes with coffee, chocolate, even my favorite which has lemon and fresh dill in it... but never brown sugar before. Great idea! It must mellow out all the sharp edges.
Cass

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

The chili looks delicious and sounds like you are getting some cold weather. We've been lucky lately but next week only up into the 40's. Cindy

KayEllen said...

yummy!!
I will try this one:) Brown sugar?
Wow!!What a surprise!

Thank you for the recipe and your sweet comment on my blog:)

Hugs,
Kayellen

Brenda said...

Hi!
Great post! I love Julies chili and warm heart also! By the way, we have the same place mats.
How funny! I hope all is well for you! Stay warm! I am always touched by the stories of your FIL. Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend! Drink some Hot Chocolate and make a toast to blogging friends!
Hugs!
Brenda

Elizabeth said...

Beth,

I am going to make this next week. Would you mind if Ilink to your post, if I publish it for Menu Planning Monday? It looks very yummy!

You know, I need to look up my mother's first husband's military info. He was in Patton's Third Army, too, and was a Forward Observer. Bless his heart! his position was a very dangerous one, but he was never wounded...only to be killed in a freak driving accident while returning to the Front.

You must miss your father very much!

Have a great Saturday!
Elizabeth

Martha said...

Love chili and yours looks delicious! Love the idea of the brown sugar!

My Slice of Heaven said...

We love making chili during the fall and winter when it gets colder down here in Texas. I have to try this recipe because I am intrigued to find out how the brown sugar adds to the taste of the chili. Thanks for sharing Julie's recipe with us.

Mimi Sue said...

Isn't Julie a doll? Just love her blog. The chili sounds delish. I tried the crockpot chicken recipe last week and the family loved it. We are snuggled in front of our fireplace this afternoon watching the snow fall. Hope you have a cozy day. Mimi

Picket said...

Hey you! I love chili and never in a million years would I have thought to add brown sugar...gotta try this for sure...thanks girl...hope all is well on your side of the mountain and that you are having a beautiful Sunday! ~Picket~

Lori E said...

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious but the man had to go and catch a plane. Why would you feed him chili? Oh the embarrassment.
That being said it looks and sounds delicious. Probably worth it.

The Gathering Place said...

The chili recipe looks great! The one I have takes a day of soaking the beans. I think I'll try the 10 minute version!
JoAnn

~Niki~ said...

yum! thanks for that recipe *c*

Nishant said...

What a poignant story. Your FIL has the kindest eyes.


Work from home India