For a cookie exchange every one brings 2 dozen cookies to share and then you get to bring 2 dozen different kinds of cookies home. Mr B will sure enjoy this:) I will take pictures and share later.
I am still baking these delicious cookies as I type this.
Raspberry Dreams
are known to melt in your mouth!!!
1 cup Butter (no substitutes, softened)2/3 cup sugar
½ tsp almond extract
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
about 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
Cream butter and sugar. Add the extracts and gradually blend in the flour until the dough forms ball. If you can handle the dough easily roll into 1 inch balls. You might want to chill the dough a bit.
Place on ungreased pan and gently indent a dip in the center using your thumb.
Fill the indent with your favorite Jam. I use seedless Rasberry for Christmas.
Bake at 350 got 13-17 minutes until lightly browned.Glaze:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2-3 tsps water
½ tsp almond extract
Mix well drizzle over cookies. You may want to add additional jam if needed before glazing.
These are SOME of the delicious looking treats I got in exchange! Yes, Mr B is delighted to have some yummy snacks.
For more Foodie Friday delights please visit our hostess Michael at Gollums Designs.~♥~
I want to show you a picture of my fun, and darling friend who made her famous(well around here, anyways)
Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Yes, you are right! There are no Chocolate Chips because~ she didn't have any!!! And she made them anyway!:)
She makes me smile! I enjoy the women in my life.




19 comments:
YUM! I love your new look! Beautiful picture! And I love you too!
♥ HUGS ♥
I am going to pick up seedless jam tomorrow and try those, they look so delicious...wish our RS did fun stuff like this, I agree it certainly builds friendship and unity. I love you new pic also, I really like his work. Your sweet friend made me smile too! I always love when we can smile and put our best foot forward no matter what...
Hi Beth,
Those look so good - we are having a cookie exchange for our family party and I know those would be a hit with my raspberry loving sister! Thanks for the recipe.
Blessings
Beth, I'm so far behind! LoL
I have been reading blogs and think I'll come back later when I have more time and leave a comment.....an you know what happens then!
Your cookies look and sound heavenly. I am a cookie lover to the bone!
I really enjoy going to Rs meetings. It does build strong bonds and friendships.
Have you heard anything from Niki? I have not. Marcus's blog has not been updated forever.....
I love your blog header.
Beth, when I grow up.....I want to be like you! :-)
Enjoy your day.
Mercy
Cookie exchanges are so much fun. I like to make some with green mint jelly and some with the raspberry looks so festive for Christmas. Mimi
I think that friend who didn't put in the chocolate chips is AWESOME!
What a fun activity for RS. I didn't make it to ours last night.
Hope you continue to enjoy the season.
What a fun night! I will have to try your cookie recipe. It looks yummy! How fun to end up with such a variety!
Love the chocolate chip (not) cookies!
JoAnn
What a fun night! I will have to try your cookie recipe. It looks yummy! How fun to end up with such a variety!
Love the chocolate chip (not) cookies!
JoAnn
Oh these do look dreamy..so pretty too! Funny about your friends cookies..a brave lady! I completely forgot about our RS party..I most always do..me and homemaking night don't get together as often as we should! :( :D
Ok, so I'm not the best cook in the world...do you use salted or unsalted butter? I'm guessing unsalted? They look great!
Wonderful cookies Beth! Love the new look of your page as well. Very Seasonal! Todd is with Mr B . . . he'd never say no at receiving a bunch of nummies either! Happy Christmas Beth and thanks for sharing all your lovely posts with us this past year! xxoo
Hi, Beth, I love the painting by Simon Dewey, too.
Your Raspberry Dreams look so pretty and sound delicious ... and I love your friend's Chocolate Chipless Cookies ... lol That's so cute!
Isn't Christmas wonderful with all the exchange of treats and everyone makes their 'specialties'? Yours look pretty as well as being delicious I'm sure considering your ingredients.
Oh Yum! I love cookie swaps at the holidays. I get to host one closer to Christmas. Your raspberry cookies look fabulous! I hope that you enjoyed your cookie swap!
Have a great weekend!
Jennifer
Hi, Beth! You are making me so hungry with those cookies, you bad girl, you! LOL! ;-)
That looks like a good recipe. I bet I know some little ones who would like them, too.
I thought about you and Mr. B when I posted my Wed. post about Frank Lloyd Wright. Don't know if Mr. B prefers to design in a contemporary or traditional mode, but I tell you, Beth. I was mesmerized when I walked that campus and started taking pics of all the elements on the buildings. I could have stayed for hours. We stayed three hours as it was, and my feet started killing me on the concrete... but it was SO neat.
Love to you and have fun at your party tonight!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Oh, cookie exchanges are SO FUN!!!
I LOVE the Dewey picture you have used for your Header. Just beautiful.
I must go there to eat all those good things.
Alfazema
You have quite the blog! It was fun talking to you the other day. Nice to catch up. (And the cookies look delicious!)
Hi Beth,
I so love cookie exchange parties, we have ours next Saturday, we also bring an ornament to ours and have fun exchanging them.
your raspberry dreams look so delicious, and I also like using butter in my cookie recipes.
Thank you so much for your concern,and for your prayers, I am doing so well. Having friends such as you has made blogging so wonderful.
Blessings and hugs,
Sue
Post a Comment