Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!

I know everyone is running around trying to get everything done.  I want to wish you  a fabulous Thanksgiving, filled with warmth, love, good friends, family whether your group is large or small. We are only having four of us this year at our table. It is the year our kids visit their other families.

I read this weekend that 'Thanksgiving is MORE than a speed bump'  to Christmas."   The article was quite enlightening and made me want this week to be just about our family, friends and showing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for our many bounteous blessings.

 I also want  YOU this Thanksgiving to  know how grateful I am for YOU, my blogging  friends. YOU are a very special blessing in my life who constantly inspire, uplift and teach me new tricks of the trade!  For this, I give thanks!  I love the insights, laughter and joy I get from you. Thank you for all you share!


If you find yourself wanting a fun activity to do this week, I know of one! We went to see the new movie 'Blind Side' and highly recommend it as a FEEL GOOD MOVIE for the whole family. I cried ...I laughed... It was GREAT!

Enjoy a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!

~♥~
Beth

22 comments:

Shauna said...

I am thankful for YOU! Thanks for being such a sweet, precious friend to me! Hope you have a very blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving!
♥ HUGS ♥

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your review of that movie! I was hoping it was a good one cause it looked good to me!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too my sweet friend..thanks for letting me in your life..you are a wonderful lady to be sure! Come say hi :D

Shawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too.....and mine!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Have a wonderful holiday with your family!
Brenda

Lucy said...

I was thinking it looked good. Nothing like a good laugh and cry all in the same flick!

Lorrie said...

I love your thoughts on Thanksgiving being about spending time with loved ones and reflecting on our many blessings.

I have so enjoyed getting to know you through blogging. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving week.

I'm looking forward to seeing Blind Side--I know it's gotten great reviews.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Such a sweet post. I dropped by to wish you a Very Happy Thanksgiving. I always enjoy your site
Maggie

Blondie's Journal said...

You are so sweet. I never thought of Thanksgiving as a speed bump, but you have made me aware that I have more to do this week than buy a turkey. Thanks Beth. I hope you and your family have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!

xoxo
Jane

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, thank you so much for your Thanksgiving wishes, and I wish the same for you in return. You are precious to me, and I hope you know that. Love you bunches...

XO,

Sheila :-)

P.S. Hope your FIL is doing well!

Pattie D said...

Dear Friend,
Thank you! You will never know the power you have had in my life! Though your numbers may be few this week, I hope you enjoy and bask in the abundance and blessings of your AWESOME family! I hope this week and the ones following bring much peace, joy and happiness to your heart.
Thank you for being a friend.
hugs

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Happy Thanksgiving Beth!

It is our married children's year with the other families also. We get everyone for Christmas however!

You are a kindred spirit I know! Your friendship and happiness has filled my heart! Thank YOU for all you share and give to us via blogging! And the article is right. Thanksgiving IS more than just a speed bump to Christmas! Being grateful is a way of life!

Enjoy your day!
Mercy
Thanks for the heads up on the movie....Sandra Bullock is kinda ify sometimes. Don't like to go if I don't know for sure....

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Or maybe I should say Happy Thanksliving!
I love your blog, you are one of the inspiring ones.
Agree with the movie review. I LOVED it too.
Enjoy the rest of your week!

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Beth! I would like to add, same as others have said, that I am thankful for you and all that you share with us throughout the year! xxoo

Picket said...

Right back at you sweetie!!!! You are a blessing to me for sure...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours dear friend! Love ya girl! ~Picket~

Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Enjoy your week. I am sure it will be beautiful, even if it is smaller. You have brought such joy to my life this past year and I am so, so proud and very blessed to call you my friend.

xo, Jennifer

Mimi Sue said...

I like to let Thanksgiving have a day instead of something to get through so we can get on with Christmas. Hope yours is peaceful and filled with love. Mimi

Simple Home said...

What a beautiful blog. So glad I found it. This is a sweet post. I'm fairly new to blogging but it's been wonderful. Everyone has been so nice. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Blessings,
Marcia

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Beth,

Just stopping by to wish you and your sweet family the best Thanksgiving celebration ever!

I also want to thank you for all the kind and gracious comments you leave for me at Southern Lagniappe. Your sweet spirit never ceases to inspire me, and I am truly grateful for your friendship.

Sincerely,

Janie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

We celebrated, Sunday. Absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with our family.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Beth!

honeysuckle said...

Just stopping by to wish you and your family a happy day tomorrow filled with lots of thoughts of blessings and returning thanks to Him who gives us so much! Enjoy every moment.

Nishant said...

Hope you have a very blessed and beautiful


Work from home India

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sneaking back over here to wish you so many, many blessings on Thanksgiving and always. You are loved!

XO,

Sheila :-)