Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Point Farm and Tulip Festival

Thanksgiving Place is a fun place to visit.
They have fun shops, a yummy fifties ice Cream Parlor,
a Dinosaur Land, restaurants, rain forrest atrium,
movie theaters, Animal Petting Farms, World Class Golf course and a concert venue.
They host many weddings in their gorgeous gardens, have live bands all summer during the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings and much more.

A couple weeks ago my daughter and I decided to take three of her children to the Petting Farm and see the annual Tulip Festival.
This is one of their favorite places to go.

There are small buildings to play in...like the Jailhouse.

Yes, we posted bail:)Lots of animals to enjoy,

and feed,

and ride.

~
~
~
Now for the beautiful place I was looking forward to going...
The annual Tulip festival,
at the beautiful Thanksgiving Gardens!

I loved the beauty,
the fragrance mixed with the overcast skies,
and seeing the profusion of color everywhere.



The northwest is finally catching up with our warmer sister states here in the U.S.

This was such a beautiful place to go for a walk.

It is such a pretty time of the year, when the tulips are in bloom.

We decided we wouldn't go INTO the festival because the kids were tired.
These tulips were in front of the entrance.
In fact our little 3 year old Doo Bug, had developed a high fever while visting the farm animals.
Maybe next year we will actually make it inside the festival! I still enjoyed all the tulips on the outside and hope you did too! :-)
~
Please visit our gracious hostess Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for more pictures for Outdoor Wednesday.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Beth

33 comments:

the wild raspberry said...

looks like a really fun day.
those tulips are outstanding!!
enjoy.
chasity

ellen b said...

What a fun spot. I really loved all the different colored tulips!! Happy O.W. to you...

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Beth! All the animals...and the beautiful flowers! I love the tulips! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous Tulips. Thank you for sharing with us. Hope Doo Bug is doing better. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Sue said...

Hi Beth,
What a fun day for them, we used to have a black and white turkey, but was killed by a fox, I sure miss him. I know you enjoyed the tulips they are so pretty, I also like the name of this place. reminds us to be thankful. Thank you for sharing,
Sue

CailinMarie said...

I come visiting via southern dreamers meme... wow! what a neat place to visit. Your pictures all turned out so well!

Brenda said...

I love that place! We like to visit in the summer time!

Hey sweet lady, can you sneak me in your suitcase when you leave to Virginia? =D

I'm really excited to see your pictures!

Have a safe and happy trip!
You have a lot of compassion for others! I just know and feel that about you!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a really neat place!

Lindsay @ Peacock Blue said...

Wow, those tulips are very pretty! What a great place to visit!

Jadehollow said...

Wow Beth! What an awesome place to visit. A lil something for everyone. Love all of the animals and the tulips are stunning. I can certainly see why it's one of their favorite places. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Debbie

KayC. said...

I didn't realize that they had a tulip festival! Next year I will have to stop...we are down that way often to go shopping at that big "sporting goods" store across the road;-) The tulips are great and it look like everyone had a funtime!

Pattie D said...

I love Thanksgiving Point...the tulips are beautiful. Thanks dear friend for posting pictures, I haven't seen a tulip in bloom for over 5 years now...I could feel the warm spring air in your pictures, I am sure I will be back to this post to enjoy the beautiful color spread. Thanks for sharing and I hope little Doo bug is feeling better soon...seems there are bad bugs everywhere, are little one is sick and so is our daughter.
spring hugs
tricia

Fifi Flowers said...

That looks like a GREAT place!

A Joyful Chaos said...

A delightfully interesting post! I especially liked the tulips!
Thanks for sharing.

Maryrose said...

Looks like a fun place and the tulips are terrific. Happy Wed.
Maryrose

Light and Voices said...

Hi!
Thanks for the tour of Thanksgiving Point Farm and Tulip Festival. It must have been a wonderful day. The tulips looked like they are at their peak performance. How divine!
Joyce M

Marie Rayner said...

What a beautiful and fun place to visit! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Four Paws and Co said...

Great pictures! ☺ Diane

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved going on this tour with you, dear Beth!


XO,

Sheila :-)

the pleasures of homemaking said...

What a neat name that place has! If those are just the tulips outside the ones inside must just be over the top incredible! Those are beautiful!

Manuela

jeanne said...

Oh Beth, your post today is fun and gorgeous. I love the animals and the pics with the children. I know they loved riding and feeding the animals too.

The tulips on the entrance were so pretty, can you imagine what could possibly be more beautiful on the inside? I hope the little one is fine. Children an be sick in a flash and it always scares us so much.

Thank you for sharing a marvelous day, except for the sick little sweetie.

Hugs...Jeanne

Unknown said...

Love the tulips pictures. Wow!

Great outdoor wednesday post!

Unknown said...

I love this place at Thanksgiving Point. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures.

And thanks for your comment on my blog today! You're so right. That book, "Catholic Roots, Mormon Harvest," is going to be such a blessing for many people.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful outing. Your photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them.

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What a wonderful place! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Oh Bethie! What a fun day to enjoy with your grandchildrn. Thanksgiving Point Farm looks like it could make everyone happy! Aren't petting zoos wonderful? I do have to say with the way my kiddos have been acting lately I'm not so sure that I would have bailed them out of jail. hehe
The tulips are absolutely stunning. Ours have come and gone for the season, but now roses are starting to peak open.
I hope that your mother is doing better after her incident. I am sure it has been difficult for you to deal with.
Thinking of you,
Jennifer

Barb said...

Hi Beth....what fun pictures!!! Love them.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love those brilliant colors. Tulips in red and yellow are always my favorite. Glad you enjoyed yourself with the family!
Brenda
http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
http://viewfromthepines.com

Kat said...

What a fun day! I know the kiddos enjoyed the animals, and the tulips are just breathtaking. Sorry little one developed a fever, hope all is well now. Kathy

nikkicrumpet said...

Thanks for sharing a little piece of home. I loved going to Thanksgiving point when I lived in Utah. Their gardens are spectacular! And it's so pretty at Christmas time. It' just a great place to spend an afternoon.

Jen said...

What a GREAT day with the people you love. And those flowers are incredible! I work with a gentleman who also does the flowers for Thanksgiving Point! He's got TALENT!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Definitely a place I would love to visit. The tulips are breathtaking! Your grandchildren are adorable. Thank you for introducing me to a place I have never heard of, but would love to see.

The Muse said...

I just cannot get over that posting bail picture! LOL :) LOL