UPDATES on our parents:
My wonderful mom is doing well and healing from her burns. She is finished with all the hospital visits cleaning her 2nd and 3rd degree burns. She is an example to me of her strength and positive attitude. She actually planted her garden this past weekend. She is such a special person at 82 years young!:)
This next picture was taken Saturday during a visit with several of dad's grandchildren. I went and found his 'special lady friend' Donna, who is 93 years young to come in and meet everyone.Dad's face lit up when she walked in and he actually became more lucid... She joked she never thought he would ever be interested in an older woman especially with 8 years separating them!:-) She is so sharp and witty and makes him laugh. They are darling together.
It is day to day and sometimes hour to hour with him. He is declining almost daily. We were so grateful for all the love our daughter gave her grandpa and for each of the wonderful people caring for him, while we were on the East Coast attending our son's graduation and visiting our other children. Even though we enjoyed ourselves immensely, it is always good to sleep in one’s own bed:-)!!!
I wish everyone a wonderful week and thank you again! I look forward to trying to catch up with everyone.
27 comments:
L♥ve and (((HUGS)))!
Glad you're back! Rest up now!
Brenda
Oh so glad you are back! I was thinking about you this morning. So glad to hear of the good news with you mother....what a remarkable young woman she is! I hope FIL can continue to heal and regain his strength...such a hard thing. His friend is certainly a cutie! Glad your home, get some rest
hugs
tricia
Glad to hear your mother is better - she seems like a strong person! I don't know if I'd be in the garden already. My best wishes for you FIL!
Manuela
Hi Beth! I am so glad your mother is improving. I know that has got to be such a blessing to you. Mother are such amazing people and it really hits us hard when suddenly we find ourselves taking care of them after all the years they cared for us! It's grand that your FIL has a friend to keep him company. It is just a reminder that we are never too old to have friends.
I can't wait to hear about your trip to Virginia and your sons graduation. I know that you will have great tales to share!
Have a wonderful week.
xoxo,
Jennifer
Beth,
Your mother sounds like an amazing lady and I am happy she is on the mend. Good for her getting out into her garden so quickly!
I am saying prayers for your FIL. He seems like such a nice man and it must be so hard to keep up your spirits. I will be thinking of you, Beth, and all of your family.
Happy you are back!! :-)
xoxo
Jane
It is so nice to see that you are back again! And to see your sweet mom doing better and looking so well. Your parents are both still in my prayers. I hope things are going to get a little easier for you. How wonderful to have your son graduate too! When things are more settled we should get together and meet. I'd love that.
What a cute mom you have. I am so impressed she was able to plant a garden so early after her accident. What a tough gal!
Big hugs!
Glad to see you back. Look after yourself xxxx
Beth, I'm so glad your mom is better, and I hate to hear your FIL is declining. Hopefully, that will turn around, too. That's a cute story about them.
I've got Mr. Magpie's birthday tonorrow, and we are supposed to go hear the navy band peform tommorrow night at the pier in St. Augustine Beach... it's raining a lot lately, so I hope they get to play!
Love to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
You are such a huge blessing. Great example and so glad to hear a positive update. Take continued care :)
I'm glad everyone is doing as well as they are. I know it is all such a worry. We've been through this too. Just enjoy every minute with them, you can't get it back once they're gone! Your mom looks very young for her age. Lucky you to have good genes. Mimi
Hi Beth, I know what you mean by enjoying being back in your own bed.
So glad for you to come back and have everything well with your sweet parents. It must be such an emotional roller coaster to see them go through such hard times. But I love how you look at the postitive and see that happiness is in there too.
It makes me think of mine and Gary's parents, they have just started the health roller coaster.
Glad you are back sweet neighbor! :)
Hi Beth,
Your Mother looks young like my mother, she is beautiful too. I am glad that she is doing so well!
Your FIL does look happy with his special friend. I will continue to pray for these needs.
I am like you I love to sleep in my own bed. lol
Blessings,
Sue
It sounds as if you've had quite the time of it lately. Your mom is darling. I hope I have her energy at that age! Sending prayers for your FIL. How nice that he has a "special lady friend" to light up his day!
Robin
Glad to hear you got home safe and sound and also that your mom is doing so well. What a charmer you dad looks. Companionship is nice at any age!
I was missing you.
Good your mother is better.
Alfazema
Awww Beth this is good news. I can still remember your post about how your Mom's hands came to be.
And what a lovely get-together. Just family. And no doubt Donna made him smile with that statement. It made me smile for sure. I wouldn't expect her to say something like that :-)
Mizpah,
Li
Hello Beth, I was so moved by your post about your mom and especially your heartfelt words about her hands. I did not know about her burns and my prayers go up for her healing today. I once had a grease fire just like that because of a phone call. I screamed and my dh ran out to the kitchen. He started to pick up the pan as well and I quickly grabbed a box of salt and put the fire out. It was early in the morning and none of the kids (5) came out to the kitchen and I asked them why. They said daddy didn't have any clothes on. LOL. He was just getting in the shower and in all the excitement I didn't even notice. Like your mom's fire it was raging and we did have some damage from it. I bet she had an iron skillet like mine. The poor thing.
Your trip to see your dad was so sweet. I am sending prayers for him too. I hope he will not suffer.
You are probably right when you flew over NC we are on vacation. I have not been commenting as usual. I saw your comment on Pat's post.
Sorry this is so long Beth. We are on our way to find breakfast this am.
Blessings and love...Jeanne
Glad to hear that your mom is recovering.
She is such a cute lady.
Hope you are taking care of yourself.
Have a happy day!
I can't believe she planted her garden with burned hands...she is one tough lady! And so cute that your FIL has found a friend who makes his eyes light up. We all need someone like that in our lives...no matter how old we are! I'm glad you're back safe and sound.
God bless, Beth. Glad you are sleeping in your own bed. Get lots of rest!
Loved the pictures.
Elizabeth
Welcome home Beth.
So good to hear that your mother is making a good recovery and that your father is enjoying life.
Okay, ...NONE of these people look their ages! LOL! ...they look MUCH younger! :) Your mom is beautiful and I am so glad she is healing well! She sounds like a real trooper! ~hugs, Rhonda :)
I'm so glad to hear that your Mama is able to be out in her garden again---just that one thing lets you know that her unconquerable spirit is flourishing.
And your FIL and his sweet lady friend reminded me of a documentary on Alzheimers I watched last week---a dear man whose wife and daughter came to see him greeted his "lady friend" with genuine love and affection---his wife greeted her with "Hi, Kathy! You look pretty today---that color looks good on you," as easily as you'd meet a friend in the grocery store. He'd found solace in sitting with her and escorting her around the facility and singing together---one scene showed them cuddled fully dressed on a bed, and they were just like little children lying there talking. I know that it meant a lot to his family that he had that sweet person to keep him company when they couldn't be there.
I love that your dear one has found such good friends and so much love in these moments, and that it is a warmth and a light that he can return to for comfort.
Thank you for sharing this sweet story.
Checking on you, girl! Smiling at the smiling faces in this post.
XO,
Sheila :-)
Post a Comment