Kevin and Jamie ready to celebrate their new beginning!
What fun our sons have being together.... Laughter and jokes abound. Their daughter's loved getting in on the action. 
I am so glad our Optometrist son and his precious daughter came from Idaho to enjoy a father~daughter vacation to celebrate...
I was a stay at home mom without a college education...as if you can’t tell through my all grammatical errors. :-) Maybe that is the reason all four of our children decided to get as much education as they could. LOL
~
Hopefully this post will not come off as being prideful. We are humbly grateful, very pleased and amazed with their desires and ambitions to do good and to continue to work hard in this life.
~
We would never have thought these 3 fun loving boys would become doctors.
Maybe it was the work ethic their dad and I tried to instill within them of how hard work pays off. Our son’s (aka mom:) had a newspaper route delivering 7 days a week for 13 LONG years... Sometimes they had two paper routes from different companies! When one would turn 16 this job was passed on to their brother just younger, so they could get apart time job elsewhere.
~
They learned responsibility and that they enjoyed the money they earned. I practically spent the amount they earned on gas, as I drove them around 1/2 the time in our trusty station wagon...;) It was simply to teach them reponsibility.
~
Sometimes they automatically rolled out of bed early in the morning to fold, insert and get the papers ready to go, and at other times they had to be plodded and helped along the way to get the work done. YET... They all enjoyed the benefits.
~
I am sure the Boy Scout program was huge in their lives as they worked hard to become Eagle Scouts, learning and having fun as they went.
~
Maybe it was the service mission each served for our church to foreign countries for two years, earning and saving their own money to do so. One was able to earn and save a greater amount than his brothers, yet each learned a valuable lesson from serving their Lord, Jesus Christ and helping others in Japan, Italy and Brazil before going on with their schooling.
~
What ever it was to make them strive so hard for success, I truly am grateful for these wonderful sons and their adorable and talented sister.
Three of our little granddaughters attended the hooding ceremony and made paper diploma’s for their uncle. Even an appointment book was made and little cards saying, "Please come at Tooth-hurtie..." It made me smile. They were so good during the long program...
It was announced at the end of the program to look under their chairs. If you saw a red dot you could take a hydrangea home. Little 7 year old Savannah took off all of a sudden at a dead run, by passing hundreds to the front and climbed up to receive her very own hydrangea. :-) We came to find out there wasn’t a red dot on ANY of our chairs... LOL! The lady still wanted her to have one!:-) She was so pleased with her prize!
Then the graduation followed the next day...
Entertainment happens whenever our son's are together. We missed having our daughter with us...)
Our sons kept texting their brother, sometimes brutal jokes. He graduated with about 4000 of his fellow students in Virginia.
The professor who sat next to us was a guest of another student from Mississippi. She let us know she had never been so entertained at a graduation before. :-)
Is that a good thing? I am not sure it was our family's finer moment, but she sure laughed!
I can hardly believe our youngest son is now a dentist!
Most importantly, we are so happy for this beautiful couple who have accomplished so much, and yet have so much more to look forward to as they start their journey TOGETHER.
Enjoy A Happy Weekend Friends!
22 comments:
You are so blessed to have such motivated kids, and ones who support each other in all of their accomplishments! What a proud momma you are! My children aren't as old as yours or nearly accomplished, but I know they have brought so much pride and joy to our home, so I can imagine how you feel!
Thank you for sharing all of the excitement of the day. It looks like you guys had a blast!
xoxo,
Jennifer
I can't wait till my whole family is together again too, which will be soon! Your family is awesome! Congratulations to your boys and all their accomplishments.
What a great mom you are too for giving them a sound and firm foundation.
Beth,
After reading this I am almost as proud as you are!!They are very handsome, and have the most pleasant expressions on their faces. Our sons enjoy each other the same way as yours seem too.
And those granddaughters are beautiful. i know you enjoy all of them especially when you can all get together at the same time.
I have so enjoyed this post, as you know by now family is very important to me!
Blessings,
Sue
What a wonderful day it was for you and your family. You have every right to be proud.
BTW: I do celebrate my birthdays. I just did not want to make a fuss on Blogland about it.
Beth, I loved this post! And you never brag... we WANT to hear about your family and celebrate with you! Oh, and Beth, you are one of the most articulate people on the internet. I've seen many college graduates who are far less able to communicate than you, dear friend!
I'm so happy that you all had such a fun time together. And I love that you are so proud of your kids, their accomplishments, and their love for each other and family. You did a great job and deserve a pat on your back!
Here's mine...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Congratulations to your son on a huge accomplishment in his life. You sure do have a good looking family. What an honor to have three sons as doctors. I do think your work ethic played a big part. Sincere congratulations to all of you!!
Wow, what a great accomplishment! You have a lovely family *c*
I loved hearing more about your family. You deserve to be proud of all of them--and feel as though you, too, got that diploma right along with them. Without all your hard work thinking of things to keep them busy and motivated I am sure they would not be the fine doctors they are today! Take a pat on the back for yourself and from me. Congratulations, you deserve it!
What fun Beth!! Graduations are just the best!! I can't tell you how glad I am that your Mom is doing better! I have prayed for her healing! God is so good, huh? Praying for all that you're dealing with, too!
Blessings sweetie!
Becky
What a lovely accomplishment to not only raise such talented and dedicated kids...but to have them enjoy each other so much. When our family gets together we end up laughing so hard (sometimes at each other's expense) that we all end up with tummy aches. It's my favorite thing about US. It sounds like your family is the same way. Hey...maybe it's the paper route thing...I made my kids do that too!
Congratulations! Such a wonderful time for your family. You should be very proud of all your kids. Mimi
What a nice post! Thanks for sharing all your great pictures.
My goodness, you and hubby must be bursting your buttons!
Just a reminder about my "100th" Giveaway. Didn't want you to miss out. : )
What a great looking bunch of boys! What a grand accomplishment...graduations are just so fun!
You are an awesome mom!
hugs
tricia
Congratulations... wish you both Good luck!
HE is so very good to us!
is HE not? Your blog is not prideful in the sense of ignoring the blessing! You are regailing the attributes of HIS love and the gifts you have been given... :) :)
My biggest smile, to you dear Beth, is headed your way...
and I won't even make you say AH !
(wink) lol
Congratulations to your boys and to your family! That is wonderful! You have a BEAUTIFUL family!
Your post makes me happy! It's wonderful to see the accomplishments of your sons! You are the foundation of their success!
Cheers to you and your family!
PS.Brandon will be in Virginia on Wednesday! =) He leaves the MTC at 4AM--Yikes, I hope his companion wakes him up! ha ha
Sounds like you've done a great job raising your children despite not having that college education. I bet you've learned more about life through raising the family than any sort of classes would have taught you by sitting in a classroom.
Congrats on the graduation of your youngest son. I'm still a young mom, with 5 kids, and my oldest just turned 10 and the baby is 2. So I have a ways to go yet. But I enjoy listening to the happy stories like this that make the journey so worth it in the end.
Oh Beth, I do think it is acceptable for mothers to have so much pride towards their children. :-)
That day has finally come and Congratulations! many congratulations too to the parents cause you've always been there to support and pray for them.
This is a special and happy moment so do enjoy it very much.
The story 'bout your grandchild winning the flower is too funny. And what a sweet lady (whoever she was) to still give her the flower :-)
Mizpah
Li
Congratulations Beth. Oh what a fun time your son's had sharing their brother's achievement. I bet he is so pleased that he can finally start his life with his new wife.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful time.
What came to my mind was gratitude. I love those moments like yours when you can sit back and just enjoy the blessings and accomplishments. Total Gratitude!
you all are so wonderful.
Have a great day~
Alicia
Congratulations to you both Kevin and Jamie
Post a Comment