Monday, September 8, 2008

If you plant crab apples, don't plan on harvesting Golden Delicious!

This is a message I needed to hear, so I am sharing with all of you, my blogging friends.
A lady at our church ( who has been an educator all her adult life including a principal at a large High School and now is retired) has a huge smile and quick hug for all, recently shared this message with us. Please also note she is still single, but not because she has wanted to be. She just never found the right guy for her...yet:) She is one of the most positive women I know!


"My favorite quotation is, " The more often I have a good attitude, the more often I have a good day." I find that if I take these words to heart and concentrate on having a good attitude. I do have a good day!"


Winston Churchill said, "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."

She recently attended the Play, Annie Get Your Gun, a play where a young man from our church/neighborhood was a participant. It was amazing! One of the songs in the play (written by Irving Berlin) goes "Got no checkbooks, got no banks, still I’d like express my thanks. I got sun in the morning and the moon at night, We all have so much to be thankful for. "
She is amazing and makes all of us feel good just to be around her! Like many of YOU make me feel! Thank YOU!


I hope we/I can express thanks even on the days that might not be good, because there is good in everyday! A Swedish proverb states, " Those who wish to sing always find a song."
One last thought, " Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don’t count on harvesting Golden Delicious!"

With gratitude for all of you, my new friends,
Beth

13 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Love your post tonight! Its so true if we see the good then we are more apt to see the positive!! Love it!! something I need to remind myself of more!:0) Have a great night!~Wendy

Linda said...

Thank you so much for sending me the link to all the wonderful sewing rooms/studios/closets! lol I've had a great time going through them (about 1/2 way so far!).
Thank you for your post tonight! Happiness is one of the most important treasures. It is within your soul. All you have to do, is dig it out and enjoy it. Author Unknown

Pattie D said...

Beth,
You are a remarkable person, I feel that even though I am sure we are miles apart. I love your title today, and yes, I needed it! Seems I all too often plant crab apple seeds....I find that as I try to be positive and let God's will work in my life, I merit all these tender mercies that he sees fit to bless me with daily. And some of my new found internet blogging friends provide those, yours was one today! Thank you for listening and posting your wisdom.
hugs
tricia

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Life is too beautiful to stay negative all of the time. You are so timely with your posts and I love your positive and humorous tales.

On a different note, have you started your room update yet?
I am really looking forward to it! :)
Hope you have a wonderful week,
Jen

Anonymous said...

What a lovely lady. I'm working on a felt wall hanging with a thanksgiving motto. I like the saying "Have a gratitude attitude".

A New England Life said...

I am such a believer in the 'apple' philosophy, though I've never heard that particular quote before.

How often do we run into people are are just so darn miserable and we think, "Why are they so negative and unkind?" And then there are the people who have every reason in the world to just sit down and give up on life yet they keep going, with a smile on there face.

Your friend sounds like a very inspiring, fun person to be around! Hopefully her positive attitude is contagious!

Beth at Aunties said...

Jen,
No nothing has Happended yet. We were in Boise all week end seeing our little ones.
As I still am on NO BLT (Bending, Lifting and Twisting) I am waiting for some kind soul to carry my furniture pieces out to the garage so I can do, as my daughter did and paint each piece in ten minutes with a simple can of spray paint...and have lovely looking new furniture and a new craft room to boot! LOL
It might be a few months...:) I'll post when something happens. Hopefully real soon. It won't be fancy or anything...just a better place than I have now hopefully.
Beth

~Niki~ said...

you can email me at nikimcn a t ho t mail do t com
without spaces and such ;)

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What wonderful insights and thoughts to lift my spirits today. Thank you for sharing them! I was having a "crab apple" sort of day yesterday (thanks to a clogged main drain & an emergency call to the plumber), but today is a "Golden Delicious" day and you've helped make it that way.

Hugs,
Cindy

Nicole said...

I love the crabapple quote. That is one worth hanging on the wall somewhere. My husbands childhood piano teacher got married a few years ago for the first time at the age of 70 something. Her and her hubby are now the President and Matron of the Manti Temple, it's the sweetest stories.

Pattie D said...

Beth,
Oh my goodness! I came back today to read your post, feeling kind of bad about some family things, neede the pick me up and read down through, only to find out you were in BOISE! My hometown, lived there my whole life, until my sweetheart drug me away and then when we finally got to go back, it was a teaser...cuz, now I find myself in Arizona....LOL (am afraid it is one of those never say never things...my own fault!) Wow, what a small world this is...Oh we lived almost to Meridian before we moved here....wow....
hugs
tricia

nikkicrumpet said...

Love this post! I couldn't agree more. It is so true that your attitude determines your day. My hubby is one of those half empty kind of people...and I'm a ALMOST FULL kind of person. I always tease him whenever he gets grumpy, by reminding him how lucky he is to have me to sunshine up his cloudy days! I love the last quote about the apples. Now I'm gonna go to work and have a sunny attitude thanks to your post. Lets see how many people I can make smile today!

Untypically Jia said...

I love that quote about attitude!

By the way, thanks for stopping by Modern Molly Mormon!