Greetings blog readers. This is NOT Beth posting. This is her one and only daughter, and I am lovingly hijacking her blog.
This is back by popular demand...She is incapacitated as of late...with a Broken Tailbone. What she and her sisters (in their 40's and 50's!) were thinking pretending to be chorus girls in their mother's kitchen, during Christmas, I will never know! Dad said it was quite a sight! :-) My mom has issues with her bottom line. You know, her ummm... bum. She’s posted about it before…her classiest post ever, if you ask me. And we all know how much she loves Judy and Marge who elegantly grace the top of her sidebar, they’ve definitely got her back (she could be their much thinner, younger sister). Well I found a couple of new kindred spirits for her to share the bond of buxomness with. Meet the fabulous fruit bottom ladies…
I’m a fabric addict. While recently scouring eBay for a few new material acquisitions I encountered these lovely ladies and immediately thought of my fruity mom.
My whole life I have listened to her voice her discouragement over being "shaped like a pear". My usual response has been a subtle (or not so subtle) roll of the eyeballs. Whatever. I've always felt it wasn't worth fretting over! TRUTH be told, we’re all a little fruity in the booty. I was a cherry not so long ago, but these days I’m rapidly approaching peardom myself. It’s my destiny. After all, I am the fruit of her loins. After seeing those tasty girls above, I'm not sure I really mind. The pear is really looking GOOOD!
Which juicy fruit are you?
Isn’t it time we all embrace our FRUITY back sides, however bountiful they may be? I say we begin the New Year with a Fruit Salad PARTY in honor of my mom, because curvy is beautiful!






42 comments:
HAHAHAHA this is hilarious!!! I LOVE those fruity ladies! But, OUCH a broken tailbone....poor, poor Beth!!! Hope she has lots of pain pills and heals quickly!
Oh My Gosh sweetie, you have got to have your MOMA rolling in the bed for sure. This is just the cutest little tribute that I have ever seen. I am so loving the FRUITS. Thank you sweetie for making my day, and I am so sure your sweet Moma's as well.
Please give Beth my best. I am so sorry she has broken her tailbone of all things. What on earth was she thinking? A chorus line? Beth, oh my gosh sweetie. Take your pain pills and do whatever the Dr. tells you to do. Get better soon so you can get back to blogging.
In the mean time your sweet daughter has sure graciously entertained us. I love it. Thank you sweetie.
Have a beautiful day. Country hugs, Sherry
What a delightful post. I love the fruity ladies and the truth be known, we do look similar!
Tell your mom I'm sorry she is under the weather, but I would have loved to see the song and dance number with her sisters. I hope she recovers quickly.
Thanks for sharing your own wit and writing with all of us.
Love,
JoAnn
Great Post. I love the fabric do you know who makes it. It would make awesome aprons, yes? I wanna be the cherry again, thin & svelt!
What a fun, whimsical post. I am just loving those fruity ladies! What great fabric! I've been a pear for many years, so I sympathize with Beth.
So sorry to hear about the broken tailbone--can't imagine how much that hurts.
Heheheheheh, so funny! I also love Judy and Marge, such a good representation of all of us booti-licious ladies. You can put my apple bootie into the fruit bowl with Beth's pear, we'd be a good combination! So sorry to hear that Beth broke her tail bone! Please give her my best, I know how painful it is, but I'll bet the chorus line was worth it! from fruit to another, get well soon, we miss you!
Blessings, Barb
THIS WAS SO FUNNY AND SO CUTE! YES, I'M A PEAR TOO, BUT MY HUBBIE INSISTS THAT HE LOVES PEARS! LOL TELL HER TO STOP KICKING UP HER HEELS AND JUST GET THAT LITTLE BRUISED PEAR BETTER! Come say hi :D
These a pearalischious! You can kidnap her blog while she's napping any old day!
Hugs to Beth! She'll be hobbling for awhile. Thanks for hijacking and giving the update. As far as the booty.........well, mine is too much.
Love the pictures though. I think it is descriptive of women who are comfortable in their own skin.
I say embrace it!
I just adore your blog...its delightful.
Hope you don't mind I added yours to my bloglist and thanks so much for adding mine to yours, a nice suprise.
I don't know what fruit I am...hope your mothers tailbone doesnt keep her down too long, I hear those can be painful.
I mean...to be in a chorus line and do that...I can see slipping on the ice!
OUCH! What were you thinking darling?!!! At least it is a fun story to tell...right? I mean you know the whole chorus line thing...LOL!
Love the fruity ladies which just inspired me!!!! And do get well and back on your feet quickly. Like the others hope you have lots of pain pills and some great movies! Take care my dear, dear friend!
And to this sweet daughter who so lovingly takes care of her mom! You are awesome, wish I lived close enough to stash shop with ya!
Warm new year hugs
tricia
Oh *beth* i sure hope you get better really soon! I hate seeing you down. I'm praying for a speedy recovery. Feel better. Get tons of rest! :)
Niki
Chorus girls? I can truly understand the need, er desire to think we're still in our 20's. Unfortunately the body knows our true age. So sorry to hear about the injury. I hear it's kind of a painful place to break. I do wish I were a pear but unfortunately I'm more of a large grape shape. We really should just be happy with what we've been given. Some days it's harder to accept ourselves as we are than others. Mimi
Love, LOVE, LOVED your hijack! Fabulously fruity and wonderfully entertaining! I love the pear as well. How totally sweet! Please give your mum my get better wishes and a Happy New Year and the best to you all in 2010!! xxoo
What a cute post, I am a pear for sure! Hope your Mom is up and at it soon, tell her Hi for me and keep up the chorus line, what fun! WEll, first she has to heal! I love hearing about ladies living it up and enjoying life to the fullest! Happy new Year! Cindy
I think we discussed my shape last year... pear, definitely a pear! And I'm sorry about your tailbone, Beth!!! OUCH!
Happy New Year to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
OH MY!!! I know how much pain she is in... I broke my fruity bottom on my neighbors driveway several years ago, and didn't even have the decency to provide entertainment to the masses. Tell her I love her and hope her um (bum) feels better soon. Keep her laying down. (ya, like that ever would work). I'll be a praying for her.
~Have A Lovely Day,
Alicia
Oh you are too cute!!
Happy New Years to you :)
Thanks for the visit!!
Hugs,
Kay
THe fruity ladies are hilarious! I am a big round apple. It's just my lot lot in life. =)
Bethie dear, I hope you are feeling better soon. I know it cannot be pleasant for you at all, but at least you were having fun while doing it!
Hopefully, other than you fall, Christmas was great for you!
xo, Jennifer
This is to much laughter for me. I am trying to write here but am having a hard time as I am in stitches, Great job of subing for Beth.
Now this is to Beth... please get well soon, please stay away from the chorus line and I will be praying for you.
Blessings,
Sue
Sending get well wishes along with hugs and a speedy recovery!
Thanks for the cute post! You have a darling family!
PLEASE...give her hugs, gentle ones, LOL from one Muse~who loves her much!
OOUCH! Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch! Oh, I’m so sorry!
I wish I could come help you out.
Bummer deal. (no pun intended....)
I’ve been wondering where you have been.
Hugs! Get well.
DO what you should so that you can heal and be well to dance another day! :-)
Maybe next time on a carpet floor!
Hope you have had some good books to read, and some good old movies to watch, and some visits from good friends.
I love the fruity ladies too.
I'm so an apple. I do wish I were asparagus! LOL
Hugs. Prayers. Rest. Mend. Chin up!
♥Mercy
What a hilarious post. You are a good daughter, no matter what your mother may say! Funny. Hope she feels better. I broke my big tailbone once and I found myself in pain where I never knew there could be pain. Church sitting is the worst with the tailbone thing!
You are hilarious!
First please tell your sweet mom I totally feel for her as I did a number on my tailbone this time last year when I decided I was still young enough to be on a snow saucer on a rocky and uncontrollable hill. Yeah, not a good idea.
My "Pear Bottom" was in pain!!
So now you know.
Love the fruity booty pics!!
Know Florence? Heck ya! She's like a second mom to me. I worked in her Rexburg store for 8 years. She's in my Stake and I live just a few blocks from her.
I gained my love of dipping chocolates from her.
Oh no! Beth I sure do hope you recover quickly. That sounds really painful. My prayers go out to you my sweet friend.
Take Care & Rest. ~Melissa :)
Hope you are feeling better... I loved this post!! Get some rest!
Wow I do hope you get to mending real fast Beth!
I hope someone got you dancing on video! I hope this tailbone deal doesn't stop you from ever dancing again either. Hope, Hope, Hope!
Your daughter is a hoot!
She gave new meaning to pear or apple shaped... Neither of those fruits really describe me... I don't think there is a fruit to describe me! It would have to be a hybrid that is for sure!
Take care sweetie~♥
Well, I'm shaped like a tootsie roll!
Poor, Beth! I can't imagine what a broken tailbone is like. It must have hurt horribly when it happened and is no fun now.
Beth, I will pray for you!
And I love those fruity ladies. thney are glorious!
That is funny...I' think I must be an Apple...Sorry to hear about your Mum..hope she recovers real soon.
Beth, thanks for stopping by my blog and thinking of me.
This is wonderful! I'm definitely the pear-ish type. If I'd stuck to pears during the holidays I'd not look so pear-shaped now!
Tell your mom I'm so sorry to hear about the tail bone. Sounds so very painful. On the other hand, the little chorus line in the kitchen sounds rather amusing as well! If you have to sustain an injury you might as well have fun while you're doing it!
Hugs and prayers for fast healing!
Robin
Oh, someone mentioned church sitting! I do hope you've got the padded benches and not those old wooden kind that hurt no matter what! Maybe someone in RS could crochet you a donut cover! It's after midnight here - I'm losing my mind.
Get well soon Beth. Thanks for popping over and visiting me.
Yes the Laurel Burch fabric is really really special. It was so kind of the Fat Quarter Shop to make so many blogger's dreams come true.
LOL! Well I'm so sorry she has a broken tailbone but that fabric is so fun! I hope she heals quickly!
Manuela
BETH! HAHAHA, I wondered who 3 Docs and a diva was!!! You are just too fun!!!
Okay, so WHERE is Soldier Hollow??!!! That sounds like tons of fun, Dallin might come and bring a friend or 2... let me know!!
I love those pictures. Awesome! I hope your mom is feeling better soon! Ouch!
XOXO
Jen
Oh Girl I'm laughing my booty off right now...pun intended ha ha!!
I hope your Mama gets better soon....I don't have a tail bone to break as my was eaten by bone disease about 15 years ago...But I can feel for her...Give your mama my prayers...thanks for the fruit loops....Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Today is the day the Lord has made! Rejoice!!
You are being thought of today!
And thank you for always making me feel good at my blogs, Ms Beth :)
Love & Heaven's Blessings,
The Muse
PS. Word Games ~ adivashammer.blogspot
Poetry ~ adivashammer.com
Food Quips ~ mysterymeatloaf.blogspot
(coming soon Design ~ myladydujour.com)
What a cooincidence! I actually came here looking for this blog. I wanted to see if I could copy the funny pic's to send to a friend. Thanks for making my job MUCH easier, lol.
Please tell aunti Beth I hope her bum gets better. She always was the fruity personality of the family. And also tell her it's much better to be a pear than a watermellon.
Here here....I am thinking I look more like the pineapple. I thought I was an apple butt.....
Get better Beth!!
C, So glad to hear from you and why you haven't been in print for a while. So sorry about the passing of dil's father. I hope those cute grandchildren help you heal much faster. Am leaving my e-mail for you so we can connect soon.! Good luck with all you have to handle and is on your mind!
Post a Comment