Thursday, January 28, 2010

A little 'Lovin' from my Oven

Our favorite Banana Nut Bread is a yummy 'True and Tried' recipe.
It is a good thing our glass cake saver lid is a bit heavy, so I think twice...
before going back for another slice!
Favorite Banana Pecan Bread
Ingredients:
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup buttermilk ( OR 2/3 cup milk with 1 ½ tablespoon vinegar added... Let it set a couple minutes until it starts to curdle.)
2 cup vegetable oil
2- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas Use the ripest bananas you can find!
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups white sugar
~
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 to ½ cups coarsley chopped pecans (optional)
Directions:
*Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray coating and lightly flour. I have a hard time getting them out of the pan, unless I use the flour. (I made one loaf and 6 mini loafs)
*In  a bowl add the cup of milk, soda and baking powder...it will start to foam. This works really well if you use the vinegar method to sour the milk.
*Blend together the eggs, buttermilk OR soured milk, oil, vanilla and bananas.
*Add the sugar, flour, and salt. When well blended , stir in the pecans.
*Pour into prepared the prepared loaf pans and bake 1 hour and about 10 minutes for the large loaf until a tooth pick comes out clean. (I kept checking the mini loafs.)
Your home will smell so good and the bread is so moist and delicious.
  "Nothing can compete with the aroma and flavor of homemade breads."
They look so pretty and make great little gifts. I made these for my friends I check in on and visit every month.   I do hope you will try the recipe and then let me know what you think.
I am linking with Michael at Gollum's Design for Foodie Friday.

Please visit her beautiful blog and see what else is cooking in blogland. :-)
Enjoy a Safe, Warm and Happy Weekend!

~♥~

32 comments:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Beth, thank you for your visit. It looks like I will be working at Aunt Elsie's this coming Tuesday, instead of Monday. From 10 until 6.

Come then, can't wait to meet you.

Cindy@stitches

Anonymous said...

Hi there friend...wow, this is the best looking B. bread I've seen on any blog! It looks like the Lion house recipe, is it? Thats the one I have used for years...so good! Thanks for sharing, too bad I;m not one of the VT ladies! Come say hi :D

Darlene said...

Oh Beth that does sound delicious!! I love Banana bread anyway and I probably need to try this recipe. I love your Valentine header!♥

The Muse said...

...a dollop of cream, and a cup of tea....some music...some sunshine...and there you have the perfect combination...once, of course, all your blogland friends arrive!

your visits are going to be doubly blessed! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Beth! This really does look divine. I can smell that bread from the pictures. Oh, YUM!

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

CB said...

Those are beautiful tied up with the ribbon.
I likey banana pecan that sounds delicious - I'll be borrowing this recipe :D

Hope you are doing great!!!

Barb said...

This looks so good! I am always looking for a really good banana bread recipe! And right in time for Valentine's Day to give to all my sweethearts!

Blessings, Barb

Mimi Sue said...

I do love banana bread. You're right it makes the house smell wonderful. What a nice treat for your ladies. Mimi

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Delicious Banana Bread, Beth!

We love Banana Bread. Our eldest daughter is the baker of the bread, in our family. J saves ripened bananas, in the freezer and drops them off at her house. A big ol' hint!:-)

honeysuckle said...

Hi, How are you doing girlfriend? I hope better. Things are going to be better--there's sunshine in the sky and days are getting warmer and longer! Take care my mysterious friend!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Lovely recipe. Looks fantastic.

:)
ButterYum

Shawn said...

I want some right now! I have everything to make this except pecans--dang! Looks so good.

Lorrie said...

Nothing quite compares to the wonderful aroma of banana bread baking...yum! Have a great weekend!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I need to know if the heavy cake lid works?
Looks delicious and I'll be giving that one a try.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness this looks so yummy.... thanks for sharing the recipe... will put it on the list of things to do... Mr. P has always loved the pecans and banana bread, the two together I'm hoping he'll really like. Thank you for your voice of concern... he goes in next week for 3 procedures... we're scared to death. The unknown is scary... with the rest of what he has going on he sure doesn't need anything else. I hope this finds you and yours doing well.. hugs ~lynne~

Jennifer said...

Oh Yum! That would be so delicious on a cold, wet weekend like we are having! I may just pull out the bread pans.

I hope you are well my dear friend. I know you have had so much going on and I think of you often.

Jennifer

Rattlebridge Farm said...

These are the cutest gifts ever!

~Niki~ said...

Looks yummy *beth* :)
how's your back and health been? hugs!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

You have NO idea how yummy this looks to me right now!!! LOL
Ummm. your lucky ladies! :-)
Enjoy your day.
Mercy

Lindell said...

delicious! I'm going to make this today. thanks

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my now I am hungry after coming over here. Gosh does this bread look good.
Thanks for sharing the receipe with us.
Maggie

Picket said...

I love banana nut bread!!! I will be trying this one girl!!! I love the smells of breads like this in the house..reminds me of my wonderful childhood....have a great weekend!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Beth, These look and sound so yummy! :)

I read your post below, too! I am so sorry for your DIL's loss! How wonderful that we do have that promise of being a "forever family," if we do believe in Jesus! Amazing! :)

Your family is beautiful! ~hugs, Rhonda

The Muse said...

Bringing love and cheer :)

Hope your Sunday is filled with joy!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Yum-O!!! Looks beautiful. You're so sweet to always share recipes with us.
Thanks so much,
M.L.

Sue said...

Hello Beth,
Hope all is well with you today.
This banana nut bread looks so delicious, and it reminded me of one that was given to us at Christmas, that I froze. So guess what we will be having for dessert tonight.

Thank you for your prayers and for your very kind words of encouragement. I am so happy to be able to visit today, it seems like forever since I visited.
Hope your week is filled with many more blessings,
Sue

Nanette Merrill said...

You must really be a good baker. My banana bread never looks like that. I'd have a really hard time not bench pressing that lid over and over.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You always make the best food! I wish I loved cooking and baking. I use to do it so much more when the kids were still at home.
Brenda

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Cheryl, what a special treat for me to meet you in Aunt Alsie's today. You seem like such an awsome lady. Where did you tell me you saw that glass bowl for $10.00?
Was is Walmart or Target?

I don't bake anymore, but I've got to do that broken choc. pudding and coolwhip thing.

Big Hugs
cindy@stitches

Trina said...

Ooo. Yummy. I think I'll try this this week. My mouth's already watering.

The Muse said...

Ms Beth are you using AVG virus software? please let me know :)

Elizabeth said...

I'm going to have to give this recipe a try, without the pecans...because my children won't eat nuts.

These look so yummy I can almost smell them!