Hello everyone!
Welcome! I am so glad you are here! I hope you didn’t slip and fall on the slick sidewalks. Mr B will be home soon and they will be cleaned off. Unless ... you would like to shovel some snow and burn some holiday calories! :0)I didn’t think so...!:)
I made you some toffee when I found out you were coming.
Toffee is a tradition at our home through out the Christmas season, please help your self.
First, lets go downstairs to the family room.
Our grands all love this Christmas advent tree and eat the decorations lickety split! Then act innocent and start to giggle when I pretend and exclaim in dismay, "all the tree decorations are gone again!" :-)
This 'new' again chest holds serving dishes when we have get togethers down here.
We love Nativities... I use to collect them.
I am only using two sets this year.
Notice the little windows by the chair in the wall, it is where Mr B built a two story play house for our grands. They love poking their heads out to say hi!
My sister decorated this tree and it is perfect for this room.
The wall is not really this bright! But my camera sure won’t let it be any other color tonight. We enjoy spending time down here playing air hockey and
sometimes we work out on the tread mill.:D
I got this Nativity set up in the living room soon after the arrival of our special
Pointsettia Tree
from this very sweet man who delivered it. (If you have time...He will warm your heart!)
This one was a gift from my mom, years ago. I love the fine details.
and it is perfect in the living room for quiet contemplation of the
'Reason for this Beautiful Season.'
In our other family room
This makes me laugh! ... when my sister saw this tree she exclaimed,
We ventured out of our normal mode.
We the fabulous ' Festival of Trees'. It is where hundreds of incredible decorated trees and other lovely decorations are donated and bidded on, to benefit Primary Children’s Hospital.
After seeing so many designs, I decided I wanted to try something a little different with our own tree and the jury is still out on whether it was an improvement! :-)
But a fright???
The angel does seem to glow with all the clouds of ribbon around her.
Our Christmas tree is filled mostly with ornaments which hold warm memories of family, friends and Christmases past.
This sweet doll is a cherished part of Christmas each year as I explain to our grandchildren she is over 100 years old and was my own Grandmother's doll.
This gold boxes on the tree are used by our grandchildren who are Wisemen for our Christmas Eve nativity pageant.
This sweet angel was made by a friend.
I have also collected nativites for our tree.
After seeing some of your blogs last year I added more fluff to our mantle garland
After seeing some of your blogs last year I added more fluff to our mantle garland

with a few musical notes. I had fallen in a rut for far too many years...
Then blogging came into my life and with it
came so many new friends with wonderful ideas.
Then blogging came into my life and with it
came so many new friends with wonderful ideas.

This room is more country and has lots of red in it. Our tree is mostly burgundy and gold and went perfectly in our formal living room.
Yet we wanted the tree to be where we usually are and so I tried to incorporate the colors by adding lots of red TING TING throughout it, so it would blend.
So we have a tree which I guess looks a bit startled.;)
I love this Noel pillow a friend gave to me... because when I see it, I see my dad’s name. Noel spells my dad’s name backwards...I miss him.
He passed away over 23 years ago and the holidays bring sweet and tender memories of him playing his harmonica as we all sang carols on Christmas Eve.
The winter view from my kitchen window, where I love to watch our bird friends at play... while I work.:-)


Thanks for coming by. It was so good to have you. Before you leave, I have a small gift for you. I made you some of our English Toffee for you to take on your way...
I really hope you will return soon. Please stroll over to Julia's at Hooked on Houses and Rhoda’s at Southern Hospitality on Christmas tours to enjoy lots of Christmas blog candy.
My heart is truly warmed by all the Christmas cheer of you talented bloggers and friends who inspire me.
From our home to yours, enjoy a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
~♥~































40 comments:
Beth, it all looks beautiful! You have such a warm, Christmasy feel to the house, and I love what you did to the tree. I also love both of your nativity sets. SO lovely! And that's funny about the candy tree downstairs. I can hear you "wondering" what happened to the candy when your grands have eaten it. LOL! Great job, and I feel like we've had a nice Christmas visit.
XO,
Sheila :-)
Merry Christmas to you my precious friend! Please let me know when you get the package I mailed you. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas! I want you to know I am thankful for you and love you l♥ts!
♥ HUGS ♥
Your home is so warm and cozy for the holidays. I think I should take you up on the home made candy! Looks delicious! Enjoy the holiday!
JoAnn
OOOOO and ahhhhhh....
With gasps and sighs....
I love the beauty...
That has met my eyes!
Twinkles and sparkles...
Light and bright...
What fabulous displays...
For the Holiest of Nights!
HUGS to you Beth! :)
XOXOX The Muse
Thanks! I had a wonderful visit! Your Christmas decor snf HOME is Beautiful!
I love your Nativity sets!
Thanks for making me feel welcome and at HOME!
Christmas Higs :)
Brenda
Everything is so pretty and you have a way of making everyone feel welcome. I'm sure everyone who comes to your home has a wonderful time. I sure wish I could bring that toffee home!
Blessings,
Marcia
Wow Beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The toffee was so tasty and I tried not to drool and make a mess as I went on the tour. Your house is sooooo yummy! You are so talented!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Beth~~~
Your home is just so lovely. It looks so festive with all of your Christmas decorations. The nativity scenes are beautiful and I love what you did with your Christmas tree this year.
Happy holidays to you and yours!!
xoxo
Janie
I really enjoyed my visit. Your home is beatuifully decorated. And my mouth is watering over that toffee! Thanks for sharing! :)
Beth, I just love your cheery home and the wonderful decorations you have put up. It is so homey and cosy and welcoming! I really enjoyed my visit with you! One day I will have a Nativity Set to call my own. I say that every year, and maybe this year I have been a good enough girl that Santa will bring me one? Do ya think?
What a nice way to start my day, Beth ... by wandering through your lovely home. Everything looks so pretty (even the "ting ting!").
I especially love your grandmother's doll. How wonderful that it was preserved all these years and will be handed down to your grandchildren someday.
I hope you can take some time to sit back and enjoy all your hard work now ... everything is just perfect!
I love that you have trees for the girls to decorate and redecorate at Christmas. I imagine the advent candy wouldn't last long around here, either! :-)
Thanks for inviting us into your lovely home. You can really feel the spirit of Christmas here!
Hello Beth!
Everything at your home looks so lovely! You have such wonderful spaces to decorate and you've done an amazing job!
Enjoy and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours...
Thanks for the tour!! It is beautiful.
Thanks for letting me "come over", it's been too long. Everything you touch becomes beautiful. It was nice listening to Donny-O sing. Love his voice. Gosh, I wish I hadn't forgotten to bring that toffee home with me, I'm really wanting to taste it right now. Lol.
VERY FUN...I LOVE THE TREES, SO PRETTY! I ALSO LIVE TOFFEE, YUM, I CAN STILL TASTE IT..THANKS! YOUR HOME IS BEAUTIFUL AND FEELS HOMEY. I ALSO LOVE THE NATIVITY SETS, REALLY LOVELY! Come say hi any time :D
I love it all Beth! Beautiful!
We have a red house exactly the same shade as your red wall! Red is the very best color, isn't it!
WOW BETH! Great tour,your home is so beautifully decorated, I loved seeing each and every room! I love your front door and your trees are just awesome! There is a lot of snow there too! Cindy
Hi Beth, your home is so lovely! I love your beautiful Nativities and that sweet little doll from your grandmother - what a treasured piece.
I've surely enjoyed myself.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Such beautiful stuff! I love the trees and the mantle!
Hope to see you next week for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash!
Hi Beth :)
Well, this girl says the tree is fantastic! I love that big bow on top and all the treasures on it's branches. Your home looks beautiful :)
xo,
rue
OOOOOOOO! SO beautiful Beth! Thanks for the toffee, its yummy! :-) And speaking of yummy things you make....
I LOVE the salsa I made this year using your recipe!!!!! It's way good!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The grands do spy anything that even resembles a treat in the house huh? Telling of your decoration less advent tree made me smile!
Your Poinsettia tree is very lovely. What an incredible dear sweet Christ like man Jack must be! And no, he didn't bring you a pig in a poke! (My mom says that all the time....)
I love to come to visit you, I always feel so uplifted and happy afterwards.
Thanks Beth, for sharing your sweet self with us!
Enjoy your day.
Mercy
Beth your home looks really beautiful inside and out!
I especially adore your festive mantel. Lovely job decorating!
Enjoy this jouyous season!
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)
Your home looks so beautiful and festive! Love the nativities and the trees. Everything is just gorgeous!
Manuela
Your home looks lovely. I love your nativity sets.
Beth, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to pass shoveling snow..lol Your home is gorgeous.. magical, cozy and inviting..I love the lush fullness of your trees.. Thanks for the toffee.. I'll enjoy it abit later with a hot cup of coffee... hugs ~lynne~
Oh! Beth, I just looooved it all, you have done such a beautiful job, and those nativity sets just beautiful. My mother made one for me too about thirty five years ago, and I cherish it so much. I haven't been blogging as I have been cleaning and decorating too, I hope to get some pictures up Monday. Your home looks so warm and inviting, I know that there are some very blessed grand children who come and enjoy it too.Thank you for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,
Sue
Oh you sweet sweet lady. This is the most wonderful visit thru your beautiful lovely home. I loved every minute of the tour. Your home is decorated to the max and I have to admit I love your addition to the tree. It is a keeper!
You are too for doing all this work and sharing it with us. Why can't Maggie or Ms Pearl or whoever be more like you with her site.
Merry Christmas Beth
Maggie
PS
I use to own a ceramic shop and painting Nativity sets were my most enjoyment of all the items I painted. Yours is lovely
It's all so pretty, Beth! Especially the cloche and mantel. Oh, and the toffee too. Virtual = fat free!
How fun to see your home from front door to your kitchen! Everything looks like it is ready for Christmas, now what are you going to do for 2 weeks while the rest of us try to catch up with you? Love the antique doll-what a keepsake! My dad, (gone 24 years now), also played the harmonica. I think of him whenever I see one. Also love your tree with it's come-to-life tree top--how fun and clever of you. Enjoy all the merriment and put some more candy on the little one's tree!
Your home is so warm and cozy and Christmasy! Love your startled tree. Looks like me after a bad perm in 1985. ;) Love your toffee too. Didn't you post a recipe last Christmas? I think I made it and it was a big hit. Have a wonderful week at this wonderful time of year. Mimi
Oh I am trying not to drool at all the lovliness throughout your home. It is all GORGEOUS!!! Your Nativity sets are just beautiful. Thanks so much for the toffee....YUM. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season.♥
Your home is so pretty and festive, decked out for Christmas! I love the little doll that was your grandmother's. What a special treasure to have! I got tickled at your "fright tree!" But it's not frightening at all, very beautiful! ~hugs, Rhonda :)
I think you ought to post that toffee recipe...then I won't have to call you and ask for it. I have a little wooden NOEL sign, and it makes me think of of grandpa.
I had such a great time looking at all of your Christmas finery, especially the nativities. I love nativity scenes, too, and have one that looks similar to the one your mother gave you.
I love all of the trees, even the 'scared' one! haha.
I love this Season. It is a great time to express love and appreciation and to be of service.
God bless you and your sweet family!
Elizabeth
So very pretty and I like how you even put snow outside to add to the effect!
Berth your home looks fabulous! I love your "frightened tree"! Tree festivals are such a wonderful delight to visit!
I hope you all are doing well, and that "dad" is getting better also.
Have a wonderful holiday (even though I know I'll chat with you before then).
Jennifer
What a lovely, lovely tour! From your gorgeous black front door, to the beautiful Nativities, the mantel (so elegant) to your new tree (great job BTW)!!
Thanks for sharing all the beauty and fun.
Mary Lou
What a beautiful inviting home you have Beth--it's so warm and welcoming for Christmas. I would love to see the little house for your husband built for the grandchildren--it sounds like something that kids just dream about having.
Post a Comment