Sunday, September 13, 2009

Archie James has arrived!

We were blessed with our 11th grandchild last week when little Archie made a sudden debut into this life. Through many prayers and the quick action of medical professionals, he and mommy are doing well, following an emergency c-section.

The Lord blessed us once again with a precious little guy to love.

Oh, the sweet smell of a new born is pure heaven!

Archie was named after two of his grandfathers. One great and one great, great, my own grandpa, Archie Ricks. He has a lot to live up to follow the examples of his namesakes.

Our son with his own three sons! LOL! This moment made me smile. I love the look on his face. YES, sometimes it can be a bit over whelming. But so worth it!
I am glad our grandchildren have been born to parents who love and adore them. They couldn't have been born to better parents who love them dearly and will teach them the ways of the Lord. For that we honor our children and are grateful for the people they are. I also love this picture of little Archie's wonderful mom and the sweet look of love she has on her face. She truly is an exceptional mom.:) This is a lucky little guy.

Archie with his enamored big sister. What a huge help she is! We appreciated all of her help while we were visiting. She is such a sweetheart!

With five children, there is much love and are many hands to help care of their new little brother.

We have been so blessed. Every one of our grandchildren are so precious and special and in their own sweet way. Each is so very loved and a gift I do not take for granted. I have friends who long for grandchildren.
On my other blog, I have a poem posted which says exactly how I feel.
*
A Grandmother's Prayer

Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty, or youth, or such.
Just give me a little hand to hold,
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs.
Just give me a little face to kiss,
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones,
You have given
This grateful grandmother
a glimpse of Heaven.
author Barbara Burrows

Welcome to our family
sweet precious Archie!



I hope you all have a great week. We are still on the run, with so many things taking our time, blogging has had to take back burner.
You, my dear friends are in my thoughts and prayers though. Dad provides us with lots of humor through his ups and downs. He really is a wonderful man and I enjoy every minute we can spend with him. Hopefully soon we will be able to move him from the skilled nursing center.
~♥ Beth


24 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Oh, Beth ... I have tears stinging my eyes and a lump in my throat, as I just finished reading that sweet poem and seeing those pictures of your precious little Archie. He is, indeed, a blessed little boy to grow up in a family as loving as yours ... not to mention having a doting grandmother like you. I know your heart is brimming over with love and happiness.

I'm glad to hear that your father-in-law is doing better, too.

Take care and enjoy those grandchildren!

~Niki~ said...

What a blessing!♥He's precious. Glad mom is doing good now.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Archie James into such a sweet and loving family. May you always appreciate the love around you and pass it on to the next generation just as freely.

CB said...

What a sweet little boy fresh from heaven!
I am glad to hear that all went well. An emergency C-section is a little (yeah just a little) stressful.
Those parent definately will have their hands full with those 5 little cuties but they sound like they are up to the challenge.
Congratulations!!

11 Grandchildren - WOW!

Lorrie said...

This is wonderful news. What a sweet boy--so fun seeing pictures of all the family as they fall in love with little Archie James.

Brenda said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a BEAUTIFUL BABY! I'm so happy for your family!
Your poem is wonderful!
Great pictures!

Lindell said...

congratulations! I just can't believe it. What a cute baby and such a great name :)

farmerswife17 said...

Beth, what a beautiful post! I love the pictures you chose to share, especially the one of your daughter in law and the one of you and your sweetie. What a precious moment for you. (and your son and DIL)

Holly and Derek said...

He is adorable! I want one!!! Hopefully soon.....

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Congratulations! My husband's bday is the 13th also!

Manuela

Doran & Jody said...

Congratulations to ALL! What a wonderful thing it is to have a new little one arrive.

The smell, the cuddles, the smiles as they still receive instructions from on high. How precious!

Good luck!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Congratulations on your 11th grandson! How exciting! I loved that poem. So happy both of them are doing well. Wish you lots of happy times together.

Trina said...

Very cute. Glad he and mom are doing well. I love the picture of you and uncle "Beth" (lol)...with him. That's priceless. Congrats grams.

honeysuckle said...

Congratulations on that sweet new grandson. They certainly are precious and help us see thigs through new child-like eyes. It looks like he will be well cared for with his siblings to help. Happy family, happy day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow! 11th grandchild :-)

The pictures of the family are so adorable. Babies really do that huh - it brings out that unconscious smile in everyone.

What a blessing he is, and thand God for taking good care of both Mommy and baby.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Beth there is nothing like the smell of a newborn, so fresh from our Heavenly Father's presence. I haven't been there yet to smell my grandsons, but am hopeful that I will soon be able to. What a precious gift little Archie is. Adorable.

Nicole said...

Congratulations, what a beautiful baby. Makes me excited for mine to come. I love the first few weeks the most, the veil seems so thin, and the spirit in the house is so strong. Mine is due in about 6-7 weeks, I'm feeling huge but trying to be patient!

Nicole said...

I forgot to say thanks for entering the giveaway and for mentioning it on your blog, good luck!!!

Scott said...

That is one good looking kid. Must take after his mother.

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a handsome boy Archie is! His little face is just perfection! Congratulations, Beth!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

How precious are little ones coming straight from heaven. I love their scents too and the feel of their smooth skin. Congatulations to mom and grandma.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations dear Beth! Another grandchild....what a wonderful blessing! You have a beautiful family and much to be proud of.

xo, Jennifer

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Oh, babies are the sweetest. Congratulations on having a sweet little one to mug on. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have recently updated my Etsy shop. I would love for you to have one.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You make me SMILE every time, dear sweetest Beth! Congrats to you on little Archie (which was my step grandfather's first name, though he went by Ed his middle name), but more than that, congrats to Archie for having YOU as his grandmother. That's one smart little man!

XO,

Sheila :-)