I recently found out this quote is from my new found cousin ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson!
For Outdoor Wednesday I would share some of the flowers from our spring garden...

This spring/summer have flown by and I haven't had a chance to do so.
These chicks and hens growing in the rocks have been with us since we got married!
I admit our yard isn't as lush green now as it was in the spring or in our header picture! It is showing the result of the heat from the hot desert sun beating down on it. We will have triple digits this weekend.
Mr B and our sons built our rod iron fence in at our DIL's father's
'Iron Works business. ' Please don't trip on the hose...
Our Alium was so pretty this spring among the honeysuckle vines the greenery of the future lilies...
Most of our yard is all perennials because of the huge amount of snails who have taken up residence from the ditch behind our property line..
Sometime I will show a picture of this spruce tree which has been a 'Fat Albert' in growth until this past year and now sports a new top which reminds us of a Jesters hat! You can see an earlier picture in our header...

These Purple Clematis were spectacular this year. They are only two years old growing from a small plant from Lowes.

These Purple Clematis were spectacular this year. They are only two years old growing from a small plant from Lowes. Some were seriously the size of a dinner plate!
Bleeding hearts have always been a favorite since childhood with me.
They also fascinate our grandchildren.
The French Iris is almost orchid like.
They were pretty among the new lilies blooming.
Again this year one of my very favorites is this prized purple and white Iris.
These and the yellow ones need to be thinned out
and if you live close by, I would love to share some of our bounty of Irises with you!
These yellow Irises ones are so sunny and cheerful
growing among the chives.
Thanks for visiting our spring garden and some of our spring flowers.
Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair...
~Susan Polis Shutz
For more Outdoor posts please visit our lovely hostess Susan at a Southern Daydreamer, who faithfully hosts this event each week. Please visit her blog to see more of our wonderful great outdoors.
Thanks Susan!
Warmly, Beth
Bleeding hearts have always been a favorite since childhood with me.
Entering the back from an almost identical gate we see the little arbor our niece and her husband made us as a gift from hosting their wedding reception here.
This is the first year this pretty pink Clematis blossomed
This is the first year this pretty pink Clematis blossomed on the arbor's trelis.


The French Iris is almost orchid like.
They were pretty among the new lilies blooming.and if you live close by, I would love to share some of our bounty of Irises with you!
Thanks for visiting our spring garden and some of our spring flowers.
Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair...
~Susan Polis Shutz
For more Outdoor posts please visit our lovely hostess Susan at a Southern Daydreamer, who faithfully hosts this event each week. Please visit her blog to see more of our wonderful great outdoors.
Thanks Susan!
Warmly, Beth
30 comments:
Beth, it is gorgeous! I particularly love all the purple hues. I'm wondering if that bleeding heart is similar to our coral vine or sweetheart vine??? It looks very much like it. But your flowers really are amazing.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Beth, all those blooms and your garden is so "WOW"! I'm sorry I missed the chance to meet you. I attended your ward and you weren't there and I guess we missed you at the picnic as well. We didn't get a chance to knock on your door. We just kept going and going to different places the whole week. Next time, I will just have to go to my SIL, walk over and say hello. ;-)
My OW is on our fam blog:
http://complicatedsimplicity96.blogspot.com/2009/07/it-ended-with-date.html
HUGE yard!!! Beautiful yard!! I really love the terraced landscaping.
My Outdoor Wednesday is flowers with a 'passion'. Come over if you can find time. I'd love your company today.
And, hope the day treats you well!!!
Oh, how pretty, Beth! I've always loved the header picture of your garden, and enjoyed seeing everything "close up." I especially like the elegant French Irises. Just beautiful!
Very sweet, but I am extremely jealous of that iron work. How awesome that you have such a close resource for all of that.
Your garden was very lovely. Hope the heat breaks soon for all of you in that area.
Blessings,
Becky K.
Hospitality Lane
Love what Ralph said. Brilliant.
Your yard is definitely full of laughter. It is just beautiful.
Thanks for the garden tour. You have a very beautiful garden. I love your iris collection. We have similar clematis in the UK but I am bad at rememberign which ones to cut back at what time of the year.
I love it! How beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ HUGS ♥
Hi Beth, it is all so lovely....so peaceful and I adore the flowers. Ahhhh....just gorgeous.
Barb
LOVELY garden!
LOVE your iris. Mother used to have exquisite iris .. mine all died away for some reason. I just ordered more & am so anxious to receive them. TTFN ~Marydon
I always feel that perenials are our safety net when life gets in the way of planting annals.
:)
lovely garden-- thanks for sharing.
TTFN~~Claudia ♥
What beautiful photographs! I also love that quote. That's a really good one.
Your clematis and iris just take my breath. You did a geat job. I love the quote from Mr. Emerson. Thanks so much for sharing on this Outdoor Wednesday.
Charla
Your garden is just beautiful. Hopefully in a few years our yard will at least be all planted. It's hard starting a new garden at my age! I wish I had more energy but the heat is taking it's toll. Mimi
Oh, my! An awful lot of work had to go into that gorgeous landscape. You really have done a wonderful job. Your photos, too, are wonderful. Thanks for sharing all of this with us.
Hey Beth; Oh my your garden is just so gorgeous, and beautiful. Every where you look there is such color and beauty... thanks for the tour, I really enjoyed it.
Hugs;
Alaura
Thanks tons for stopping by my blog- always so much appreciated.
You asked me what TTFN meant?? :)
Well, Tigar, yanno, Winnie the Poohs good friend? Well, he used to say TTFN -- Tah tah for now!! ;)
I actually have it on one of my side bar descripters (sp?)
Claudia!
Even with the heat that you are experiencing today, you flowers still blossom so beautifully! Love those Clematis and hose they climb. The bleeding hearts as always amazes me everytime I see them posted on blogs. And yes, the iris looks so delicate and so grand. Love the white and purple one :-)
Mizpah,
Li
Just beautiful! I love all the flowers you had this spring. Keeping things green in Utah is brutal in the summer. I think your yard looks wonderful and I can't wait to see the top of your tree!
Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Robin
Your flower gardens are so pretty! The pink and purple clematis make me want to visit Lowe's and get some. The iron fence looks nice where you have, and how special that it was built by someone you know. You should charge admission to your gardens...they are so exceptional!
Beth your flowers are just beautiful. I love bleeding hearts too! How neat that you've had your hens and chicks all your married life. I have a number of periennal plants that were passed along from friends, and those are among my favorites.
what a beautiful yard. i love to garden also and i am in the process of re-doing my front and back yard. you have given me some good ideas :)
blessings,
aimee
Beth your yard is breath taking. I just cut out most of my clematis yesterday. For some reason is seems to want to die out in the middle and drives me crazy..lol.. So far, it's always come back..
loved the tour of your beautiful yard..hugs ~lynne~
Love, love, love your backyard! Sooo pretty!
Happy Pioneer Day! Hope you have fun plans and are relaxing.
God bless, friend!
E
My garden is almost desert-like... On my list for awhile has been alliums and clematis. I love them! Your garden is colorful and spectacular!
Brenda
Oh my, your yard is gorgeous and I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures...thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks as well for the support, encouragement and friendship...you're so sweet to leave me such kind comments when you visit and I appreciate it very much!
Have a great weekend!
~Michelle
Beth,your yard is so beautiful. My sister Linda and I both love your iris and would love to get some starts when you separate them. Contact me when you are ready. Thanks!
I loved this tour through your garden!!! Mine's wonderfully green, but with only the lavenders of Rose of Sharon and a few daisies, plus all those just-getting-ripe tomatoes shining redly-red in all that big hedge of plants.
This is just charming and beautiful---the flowers ARE laughter. And certainly made me smile.
rachel
My daughter was married in the Manti Temple 7 years ago!
Susan
Post a Comment