Monday, December 22, 2008

Two sets of newlyweds at last!

We had a great time at our niece's wedding Saturday night.
My sis, Kate is happy and relieved it all went extremely well and her daughter married such a wonderful man. These two are simply so wonderful and sweet. He could hardly keep his emotions under control during the ceremony...just like our son exactly two weeks before. We have tender men in our family.

Some very good friends took the photo's of the couple for their bridal shoot and did an excellent job. Kate and her four beautiful daughters in front of the tree Kate decorated and where the gifts went. The wedding decor centered around Toile and a woodsy Christmas and it looked fabulous.
They served a large dinner buffet with the gingerbread men cookies being a hit with my grandchildren.

Her beautiful sister was not only her matron of honor but also made her wedding cake. She transported it with a 3 layers at her feet and one on her lap 3.5 hours to the reception on snowy and slick roads.
She had her three children ages 5 and under in the car with them... which made it amazing:)

This was a special moment before they left for their honeymoon when her new FIL picked her up and looked at her with tears in his eyes telling her he has waited a long time to have a little girl and he loved her and was sooo happy she was now part of their family. (My camera missed the tender hug...) How many can say their new FIL did this on their wedding day? It truly was so darn cute.
************
Now it is time to concentrate in Christmas at our household:) I found these stocking holders at the Dollar Tree,
except they were bent and the silver finish was peeling. I spray painted them gold, after spraying a primer on them and we now we have great looking stocking holders to add to our Christmas mantle for only 2.00!
To see more Trash to Treasure surprises, please visit Diane at A Picture is worth A Million Words.

Merry Christmas everyone!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

How absolutely lovely! It looks like a beautiful wedding and the couple is just gorgeous! I know you enjoyed yourselves so much as weddings also bring much happiness. Best wishes to your neice and her husband. May God grant them a wonderful lifetime of happiness.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Beth. I hope all is perfect and lovely for you.
Blessings,
Jen

A New England Life said...

Beth,

How incredibly sweet and beautiful! They are such a beautiful couple. I hope their lives together are very blessed. Everything has certainly started out in their favor!

Da Bergs said...

Oh, Beth... that 1st pic of the darling couple is beautiful!!! I love the colors at the reception! The black and white runners and the green... LOVE it! Every thing was beautiful!!!

Shauna said...

How AWESOME! Beautiful pictures! Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Picket said...

Oh what a beautiful couple..how special is that to have two weddings so close in your family! Sorry you and your hubby will be alone on Christmas this year but I bet it will still be a great one for you two! Thanks for coming by sweetie and Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Unknown said...

Beth they make a great looking couple!

I really like your dollar store stocking holders!

Thanks for linking to Trash to Treasure!

Merry Christmas!

Diane

nikkicrumpet said...

What a gorgeous couple! Those are two amazingly goodlooking people. And what a precious thing for the new FIL to do. What a nice man!

Ms. Tee said...

What a beautiful couple! You can just tell how much they adore each other in those photos - which are amazing, by the way. :) All of their decorations were so pretty, too.

How sweet that her sister did the cake, then transported it in the bad weather and along with 3 children - wow!

Merry Christmas to you - have a wonderful week! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, I checked one more time before I went to bed, and I'm so glad I did! What a gorgeous young couple and such a sweet, sweet report! This just warmed my heart so much! I am very happy for them, and you can tell they are smitten with each other. :-)

I love happy beginnings...

XO,

Sheila... who can go to bed now and dream happy dreams! :-)

P.S. My Christmas post for your Spirit of Christmas Blog Award is slated for Wednesday! {{{hugs}}}

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, and I loved your stocking holders from my favorite... the Dollar Tree! Yea!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What an amazingly touching post! The wedding decor was so gorgeous--as were the couple. I love when families come together forever like this. It's wonderful!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

So sweet Beth. What a lovely thing for her new Father in Law to say. When 2 people come from such loving families, how can they not fall in love with one another? Perfect!

The tale of that cake is a miracle! :-) I do like miracles.

Well done for making those stocking hangers look so special.

Merry Christmas

Darlene said...

Hi Beth,

What beautiful pictures of a GORGEOUS couple! The decorations look beautiful. It sounds like she married a wonderful man!

I LOVE your mantle and the stocking hangers are just perfect!

Hildie said...

How nice to hear from you! I was thinking "who the heck is Beth???!!!"
I'm glad everything is going well for your family. I loved seeing all the wedding photos from both weddings.
Now that I know you are a fellow blogger, I'll check back often!

Lindell said...

Those photos are heartbreaking! What a gorgeous couple, and what a great photographer.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

What a gorgeous wedding and a very gorgeous couple!! I hope you and your family have a very Blessed Christmas!! Wendy

SmilingSally said...

Beautiful wedding!

I love what you did to the stocking holders.

Jen said...

What an absolutely handsome and gorgeous bride and groom! And how beautiful are these decorations??!! Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Here's wishing you a very merry Christmas to you and your sweet family! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Beth, your wedding story is so sweet. The wedding looks as though it was a labor of love. The bride and groom photo is priceless. I can't believe how the wedding cake was delivered. God bless her sister. I would have been reduced to jelly by the time I arrived. Congratulations.

The stocking holders look fabulous in there new gold paint. Good job.
I enjoyed your post very much.

Christmas hugs...Jeanne