
Our Sunday dinner was delicious and the seasonings all came from Memphis where our son Scott obtained his doctorate degree in Optometry. Memphis seriously has great barbecue! The ribs after being rubbed with a wonderful Rendezvou’s and Dancing Pig’s dry rub, simmered in a slow 200 degree oven in a covered pan with just a small amount of water all day Sunday until our church meetings ended at 6:00 pm. Then all we had to do was add the Rendezvou's barbecue sauce and put them on the grill along with fresh vegetables I cut earlier that morning... This lasted us for several meals and was so yummy! ( I once brought a gallon of 'Dancing with Pig's' or 'Corky's' barbeque sauce home in my carry on large purse while flying. That won't be happening again!)
Scott, his wife and four children have returned home to the west & We couldn’t be more delighted to have them closer by. He will be starting his own practice of ‘referral only’ patients for those with developmental eye disorders. They have been living in the Washington DC area where he has been gaining his specialty and employed at three different practices, two being in developmental eye.
Yeah! He will finally be able to have week ends off with his family and not have to work six day weeks. Two days will be in his practice until it gets going and three days as the Optometrist at Costco.We are glad our sons have lived in different areas of the country because it has opened our world up to new cultures, incredible history and to fabulous new flavors and taste. It will be wonderful to have them only six hours away instead of a six days drive...
11 comments:
What great news to have them close by. Oh and your ribs and veggies look so yummy. It is making my mouth water. lol Have a great week.
Hugs;
Alaura
Good food and family, it doesn't get much better than that! I'm so happy your son is closer Beth.
My inlaws lived half way across the country for years, rarely seeing the grandkids. Now they are only 20 minutes away and we couldn't be happier.
The only question I have question I have is ... what's for dessert?!!
By the way Beth, if you email me I can tell you how to get rid of the icon in the upper left hand corner of your blog ; )
Sharon64@gmail.com
Yummm...Double Yummm....no wait! This calls for a TRIPLE YUM!!
I swanny....i can smell that through this here computer screen!!!
Oh my thay looks so yummy!!! I also added you to my favs!! Thanks for coming by and I look forward to getting to know you!! Have a Blessed day!:0) Wendy
Oh My, I am so hungry now!
I know you all are thrilled to have your son & grandchildren closer to you. I know our children have enjoyed living back near their grandparents.
Blessings to Scott and his family as they settle in their new home.
~Jen
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting! I LOVE comments! :) Your blog is so cute! And wow, that BBQ looks DELICIOUS! It is making me hungry!
I'm sure I will visit your blog often as well. :)
I'm glad your family is coming home, one-by-one :)
ps- That perfect bum story is CRAZY! The funniest things happen to you.
Have you ever even been to New England? :) That is funny :)
The Dh has. But it is a big Nope for me! But we will be getting close in a month!:) If Mass. counts. We are heading east to
see some precious granddaughters!
By the way, you make me smile!
Happy weekend!
WOW!!! Those ribs look amazing. I have got to learn how to make those. I know my husband would just love them, and since they cook on their own all day, it is totally easy.
Thanks for visiting and your sweet words. I have been having a bit of a hard time finding things to do with myself. Not that I don't have plenty to do, but I am just so conscious of the clock now and being done or back in plenty of time to go and get them.
Post a Comment