Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To Blow or Not to Blow!

During these winter months where everything is so dreary outside, we sometimes need  humor to help us get through it. In our part of the world, often we are nestled deep down in a foggy inversion
between the Wasatch and Oquirrh Mountains awaiting the rebirth of the ground and the spectacular beauty of blooming trees and flora.
Salt Lake is nestled down in a large valley and is separated by two mountain ranges, the Wasatch Mountains to the east and the Oquirrh Mountains to the west. The inversion is thick today and we can’t see our beautiful mountains and the sun is hiding as well. Outside, it is pretty much just BLAH! :-)
Humor helps us get by though! This card recently arrived from a good friend. It made me smile.


I hope  the message of this card  will bring a smile to your face on this wintery day.


It also brought back memories of an early morning last month and another Blow Dryer.  We woke to a cold, frosty morning, that only Jack Frost himself could have painted.
Leaving heavy frost on everything he could find.
 I heard commotion coming from our driveway, where my sister was desparately trying to get Miss P Mc Call to school on time and herself to work.
She said she had been trying to scrape the frost from her car for 15 minutes.  She burst out laughing  after she saw I had gotten another hair brained idea, as a any good hair stylist would!  I ran and grabbed a blow dryer to help her out!
Donned in my my red nightgown and slippers I quickly plugged in a 25 foot cord and FINALLY she had the melting power she needed to finish her task in seconds!
Sometimes you just have to use the Blow Dryer, but be careful around our snowmen friends!!!
You have to love sisters! =0)
I love mine and I am grateful for the constant laughter we enjoy.
**********
Now for a huge Thank You!
I recently ordered some darling bags from my friend Brenda, for our little princesses who will soon be having their eighth birthdays...
You would have thought I was a kid on Christmas as I hurried to open the package when it arrived... Inside I found this sweet note of friendship.
and then a wonderful surprise!
I love this beautiful heart she made me!!! So sweet.
 I decided not to put it away with our Valentine decorations, because it looks at home on a closet door.
She also made these beautiful scripture bags  for our little girls when they go to church.  Our sweet little ones will love them!!!
Thank you, Brenda
Please visit her wonderful etsy shop. She is an amazing seamstress and is so creative!!!

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday where ever you happen to be.
 Please visit our hostess, Susan  to see more of our beautiful world.
 
~♥~

11 comments:

Barb said...

Beth,

You always make me smile! I love the beautiful Salt Lake Valley, those are beautiful pictures.

Fun bags, I'm always looking for something unique and fun - I'll check out her Etsy shop, very cute!

I love snowman jokes, they are the best, almost gets me through this nasty, "not quite winter, not quite spring" weather. I can remember when my granddaughter was in Primarys, in February, there were flowers blooming outside the front door at the hospital,it was wonderful. SLC is always a little ahead of us.

The blow dryer was just too funny, although I've used it for some really interesting things too, and probably scary things that could have shocked me - we won't talk about them?!?!?

Thanks for the laugh!

Blessings, Barb

A New England Life said...

You and your sister are just to funny! That's definitely a hair brained idea alright!

I know, enough of winter already! Seems Spring doesn't like to show up until we are near desperate, at least here in New England anyway.

What a lovely heart for a very sweet lady : )

Hope all is well!

Sharon

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are some great photos! Love the blowdryer thing!
I'm so ready for spring.
Beautiful scripture bags. I'm headed over to Etsyville right now!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest card, it made me laugh too. Yes, I remember the inversion..when we lived in Kaysville, one winter it lasted for 4 months. I love the sun here, it's out most all the time, kind of like at the ski resorts there because we are at 7,000 ft' here. Such darling bags, she is an excellent seamstress, love her work! Funny about the hair dryer, I can just see you out there in your night gown! Have a good week and come say hi :D

The Muse said...

Those girls are bound to love those bags...so bright and cheery. And the colors are so in ( i am a fashionista in training with my grand-love ...lol she knows all the in, hip trend prints!)

Sweet to find a little heart in that box...and it seems right home hanging in your home :)

I adore the landscape shots...and long too for the arrival of spring. There is a rumor here (on the weather channel no less...possibly more snow!) LOL LOL

Now...for the prize point of this post...the hairdryer....ROFLMPatootieO LOL...
well...I wonder how many extension cords she had to use? LOL

(((HUGS)))

Brenda said...

Thank you Dear Friend! You are so sweet! I'm blessed to know you!

I'm sent a scripture bag to Florida today! It's fun to see where they go.

Your card is funny! Thanks for sharing! What a beautiful sister!
What would we do without sisters?

Happy Birthday to your cute grand daughters!

Brandon is now a trainer in his area with a brand new missionary from California. They are both new to the snow! They laugh about their adventures in the snow.

Thanks again! Blessings to you!
Love, Brenda

Mimi Sue said...

You're so right! We need some humor at this time of year. Laughing keeps us from freezing to death! For some reason I think this has been a longer winter than usual. Love the little scripture bags. Everything Brenda makes is adorable. How fun to have a new baby in the family. I think it's about time for our family to have a new baby too. Too bad it's not up to me! Hubby has some bone spurs on his vertebrae which are very painful but he seems to be doing better. Although still sleeping in the recliner. No surgery was suggested for the time being so we are relieved about that. I hope we'll have a chance for another blogger lunch in the near future. Love the belly picture, by the way. When we were pregnant we were covered with yards and yards of fabric. I love that they're showing their bellies now. Anyway, sorry about the rambling. Have a great week. Mimi

Jennifer said...

We had a layover in Salt Lake three years ago and I thought then that the mountains were just amazingly beautiful! Isn't it funny the crazy ideas we come up with (especially when we are with sisters) to make things just the way we want them?! I personally think the hairdryer was a fabulous solution! We have had a winter unlike any I could ever remember here in the south. The kids have used all of their snow days and it was actually for snow and ice! The temps are suposed to be back up in the 50's this weekend with sunshine, and I definitely think it is about time!

I hope you guys are thawing out a little as well.


<3,Jennifer

jeanne said...

Good morning Beth. Thank you for the laughs this morning. The jokes and the hair drier was hilarious. I can sooo identify with the ice on the car thing. Well, I should say truck. Our car stays just fine in the garage.
We actually plug in the truck to warm it up so it will start. they do that in Alaska. At the grocery stores there are places through the parking lot to plug in your vehicle while you shop. Other wise it is so cold no one would be able to start their car. It warms the motor. LOL. Now you know hold cold it has been here. LOVE your photos.

I am ready for spring weather, but alas, our mountain still has snow.

Have a great day and stay warm.
Hugs and blessings, Jeanne

jeanne said...

Oops, 'how' cold...silly me
Jeanne, Again

Sue said...

Hi Beth, You always bring sunshine no matter what the weather is outside. I so enjoyed reading this post, and the cartoon was so cute, and what a neat idea of using the hair dryer!
The heart Brenda made is beautiful and those bags too.

Thank you for coming by and sharing your beautiful memory of your first date, and yes I am afraid our age secret is out, but we did have such fun didn't we?. Enjoy your weekend.
Much Blessings and Hugs,
Sue