Sunday, February 21, 2010

It is Baby Time!

We got the call that every expectant grandma wants to hear.
 We are on our way to welcome a precious new little guy into the world!

A Grandmother's Prayer

Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,
Eternal beauty, or youth, or such.
Just give me a little hand to hold,
And I'll forget that I'm growing old.
I do not ask for cloudless skies,
A life that's free from tears and sighs.
Just give me a little face to kiss,
And anxious moments will turn to bliss.
For what is there, really, that means so much
As little hands that reach and touch,
As little eyes that search and see
Only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
By looking at life through their wide eyes.
For through these little ones,
You have given
This grateful grandmother
a glimpse of Heaven.

author: Barbara Burrows


Our weekend is going to fabulous and I hope yours is too!

~♥~

24 comments:

The Muse said...

i would write you a sweet sonnet, my dear dear friend...but what you have posted says it all too well.

simply know that our family is rejoicing...and we are on bended knee to ask His blessings for all of you on this day of days!

Much love,
The Muse!

(happy dance!!!)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh, that is so exciting! Be careful and give lots of baby kisses. Be sure to breath in that precious baby smell. MMMMMMM

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I am SO happy for you..I loved the poem, it made me cry! Cause thats all I want too. Enjoy the new baby to the up most...Grandma Heaven! :D

Barb said...

I am so excited for you! What a beautiful poem - pretty much sums up what every grandma feels.

Many blessings to you and yours . . .and especially to that sweet new grandbaby and his mom!

Gentle Hugs, Barb

CB said...

That is SO exciting. And I don't know if this is your daughter or daughter in law but she is absolutely beautiful and she is so tiny for being full term - How lucky she is!!

I hope all goes well - Have a safe trip and a wonderful weekend!!

Elizabeth said...

Many happy congratulations. Oh, how thrilled you must be. Is this new one a boy or girl? Name picked out yet? Oh, to hold a little one, especially a tiny one. Enjoy, enjoy!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, Congrats!!
She looks so cute pregnant and I bet your so excited for this little one. What a joy! Cindy

Mimi Sue said...

Woohoo! Another grandbaby! Enjoy every single minute with them. Mimi

The Gathering Place said...

What a fun time you are going to have! New babies are just so sweet. Good luck to the parents!
JoAnn

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations, Beth!! The poem was so very special!

xoxo
Jane

Lindell said...

how beautiful! Congratulations

Shawn said...

It's been fun having you guys here to celebrate with us. And thanks for all the help. I love the poem.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! How absolutly exciting for you guys! Have a safe trip. Can't wait to see the new grandbaby!

<3

Marie Rayner said...

Congratulations!!! How very exciting! Saying a prayer it all goes well. xxoo

Picket said...

Ohhhhhhh girl I could just shout I am so happy for you and the family..what glorious news and what a beautiful post...my heart is about to burst I can just feel your love and excitement...oh girl this is glorious and what a precious gift from God and how blessed will that little dumpling be to be surrounded by so much love...What a way to start my day!!!! Love ya girl..have a great week!!!! ~Picket~

honeysuckle said...

I am so happy for all of your family. Can't wait for your next post to hear all the details of the sweet little one. Enjoy!

Lindsay-ann said...

What a beautiful poem. Hoping everything is ok and looking forward to more news. I am so excited for you.
Lindsay
x

Lorrie said...

How exciting Beth..there's nothing more special than a new baby. What a lovely poem. Can't wait for your update and some pictures.

The Muse said...

oooo...still hoping...
still wishing...
and Praying :)

HUGS!

Elizabeth said...

Any news on the baby?....

Robin Beck said...

Congratulations what a blessing! I'm so enjoying my grand babies! It's a whole different love~♥

Robin~♥

Sarah said...

SOOOOO precious!!! Congratulations!

You won the Hard Water Test Strips giveaway on my blog www.SolutionsSleuth.blogspot.com

Send me an email at solutionssleuth (at) gmail (dot) com with your mailing information and I will send them out to you.

Also, I have more giveaways posted so enter again!!!

Thanks,

Sarah

The Muse said...

yes, my friend...you are seeing a bit of heaven on earth! :)

The Muse said...

we are getting there...
1977...
lol.... :)

i was wrapping a baby gift for a friend...and thought about YOU...lol just loving those grand-children.

we just have the three...but, we have our wish list in...LOL