Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a Cloche Party!


I have been running all day and thought I was going to be late and have to crash this 'First Cloche Party' and then found out I am just on time! :-) It just started early!!! :-)

So much Cloche excitement!


This fun party is being hosted by Marty, at A Stroll Thru Life. Please go visit her and see what fun ideas she and so many others have.


I was surprised at how much I had incorporated a few Cloches into our decor this year. After seeing some fabulous ideas in blogland I want to add even more!
I have one I have enjoyed changing with the seasons this year in my kitchen. I thought I would share with you some of the different looks we have had, among a few others.

This was our Valentines Cloche with a bit of whimsy. One of our precious granddaughters was helping me prepare for our Valentine's party.

I wish I would have taken better pictures. This one is a bit over exposed. Our Easter Cloche was filled not only with these cute bunnies but with special memories of a friend who had since moved. She had given them to me for my birthday about 6 years prior.
This is a fun one Miss P Mc Call has on her wicker chest, full of colorful confetti.
Her room is bright and cheery!
This one was full of season balls last winter


Roosters and hens make me smile and these two guys keep hanging out in our kitchen.


Then with apples for a fresh change

More Roosters and more Nesting Hens



Then, one of my favorites is filling a Cloche full of faux Vegetables
Please swing by and visit Marty, at A Stroll Thru Life for many more ideas to fill your Cloches with! I am looking forward to visiting everyone and seeing all your creativity!


Enjoy the Fabulous Party!!!

Thanks for all the great ideas. It makes me want more Cloches and use the glass jars and containers I already have! :-)
Beth~♥

37 comments:

Jan said...

I love the under the glass look. There is just so many charming things you can do with it. You have great examples of that.

I have only one under the glass item. I put a Garden of Gethsemane scene. I love it.

Pattie D said...

I love them all! My favorite is the roosters, I have roosters in my kitchen also! I love yours they are so cute....
I always love your posts they are so fun and uplifting. Thanks for sharing your home with us!
hugs
tricia

Marie Rayner said...

Great ideas! My favourite one is the roosters as well. I have a real soft spot for Roosters!

~Niki~ said...

P.McCall can definitely write marcus. He loves mail ;)
or snail mail is good 2.
you have my home addy right?

Picket said...

Morning girl...beautiful ideas for the cloches and I love those rooster ones! I have got to get me some more cloches! lol have a great weekend sweetie!

Darlene said...

Those all look wonderful! Love all the different looks under your cloches. Have a great weekend!

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I really like the cloche with the pedestal base! I like all your cloche displays but the roosters are my favorite!

Manuela

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So many pretty ideas. Love the bunnies..:)
Glenda

Barb said...

Beth, I love everyone of them but the roosters got me. heheh. Just charming!!!

I am praying for Marcus....please count on this.

Barb

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I just love the way you change yours up and so many great ideas. The bunnies and the roosters and then the chirstmas balls are all so pretty. I really love the veggies in the one pic. So creative and I love all the ideas. Thanks so much for joining the party. Great fun. Hugs, Marty

Sue said...

You crashed the party and made yourself right at home! You had some cute decorated cloches and jars. Of course, I loved the roosters and nesting hens.. the best they were some hens, right? I'm on a mini laptop and it is teenie tiny copy! Glad you partied with all of us and happy to meeet you. Sue

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love the little plant in the cloche. I love how the cloche has the bid knob at the top, so pretty!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beth, you have so many wonderful ideas!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just awesome Beth...love the Roo ones..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Beautiful display of lovely cloches! I need to buy more!

Hugs!
Maryjane

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing you sweet cloches! Great ideas!

blessings
mary

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I'm totally with you on wanting more cloches. I'm getting so many fabulous ideas from everyone. I love yours with the roosters.

Jennifer said...

All of your cloche's are so homey and cozy. I especially love the one with your veggie's inside. What a wonderful idea for a kitchen! Decorating one for holidays is a fabulous idea as well!

I hope that you have a great weekend!
xo, Jennifer

Bo said...

Hi dear Beth...Aren't cloches just the ultimate decorator statement?!!
Until I came to Blogland, Ididn't even know what a cloche was...LOL
You have made wonderful arrangements with yours! ;-) Bo

Brenda Pruitt said...

You have beautiful cloches (feels like I'm saying "galoshes"), Beth! I especially love those in the kitchen. (Has the brightest colors and you know I'm a color-crazed girl!)
Brenda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I see we have chickens under glass alike! btw...I pray your nephew does well with his surgery.

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Beth; You have a very creative soul. I just loved them all, such different ideas you came up with. You have given me some new ways for mine, thanks for sharing. Love the photo of your sweet grand daughter coloring, she must get her love of crafting from her Mamaw....

Hugs;
Alaura

RobinfromCA said...

Your cloches look wonderful! I am loving seeing all these terrific ideas! I think the jar of confetti is clever - and certainly something I will make note of next time I need to add color to a party theme!

I have a several cloches and jars but now, I seem to want to get more and fill every surface with them just so I can "play" more! It's that kid in a candy store feeling!

Robin

honeysuckle said...

You have so many different looks with all your cloches. Aren't you glad you took those pictures throughout the year? Fun ideas. Love your little granddaughter working so hard--very cute. I am being lazy from blogland lately. Went to SF again to check on Hudson. Alls well. I will have to get back to blogging again.

KayEllen said...

Looks like fun:)

I missed this party...to busy working!

Love the rooster collection...darling!
Have a blessed weekend..

thank you for your sweet comment on the kitchen redo last week...

Hugs,
K

Unknown said...

Mom,
You are too cool for school

Anonymous said...

How fun! Seems like a cloche can rally make a difference. I love how it changes through season and events :-) The Easter bunny couple are just sweethearts And the nesting hens too!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Beth, You have so many beautiful ones...I love the first rooster one you showed!!!! love that chippy looking red plate too. Nancy

Mimi Sue said...

Love cloches. Yours are so cute. Thanks for the heads up. There are so many blogs I can't seem to keep up anymore! Mimi

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

All beautiful, Beth!!

Sue said...

Hi Beth, I loved them all especially the roosters. I've been wanting to do some but have been so busy in the garden , maybe now after seeing yours I will be motivated.Have a great week end.
Sue

Jen said...

I enjoyed it thoroughly! What wonderful ways of decorating. Love your style! I miss seeing you at my blog. I sent you an invite. I changed my blog background to make it more user friendly for people who use Firefox. Hope to see you around.

Anonymous said...

How sweet. They aren't something you see often in the UK. There's the traditional Victorian taxidery themed ones which I think put modern people off the idea. I think the UK ought to see the modern take on them and get inspired here on your blog dear Beth.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love your cloches, Beth, and love you, too! I also have been missing you. Lots of things have been going on, and I haven't been able to do my blog rounds. But hopefully, after this week, that will change. Believe me, I'd much rather be blogging. Love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, your first cloche looks like one big mama! It's very pretty though. :)

Ms. Tee said...

So lovely, Beth! I love how you changed it out with the pedestal and then with different colored plates. So pretty! :)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I love roosters and I love cloches. What a perfect combination - roosters in a cloche.